Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

do you love shopping?

4 posters

Go down

do you love shopping?  Empty do you love shopping?

Post by Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:14 pm

'do you love shopping?' she asked me. 'she' being my friend's girl friend--the three of us had gone out together.

i said i liked shopping for only one thing--books. and even that has started to come to an end because of kindle.

kindle is a really amazing device--any book lover ought to own one. not just because you can keep reading from it for over 6 hours without any eye strain and because reading from it feels no different from reading from a book but because the contents of cupboards full of books are now stored in one relatively small device. incidentally does anyone know the maximum storage capacity of a kindle?

Back to top Go down

do you love shopping?  Empty Re: do you love shopping?

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:21 pm

Rashmun wrote:'do you love shopping?' she asked me. 'she' being my friend's girl friend--the three of us had gone out together.

i said i liked shopping for only one thing--books. and even that has started to come to an end because of kindle.

kindle is a really amazing device--any book lover ought to own one. not just because you can keep reading from it for over 6 hours without any eye strain and because reading from it feels no different from reading from a book but because the contents of cupboards full of books are now stored in one relatively small device. incidentally does anyone know the maximum storage capacity of a kindle?

Are you trying to impress us claiming you actually READ ? yeah...rite...

(and you have a kindle and dont know how to find its storage capacity? a typical rashmunesque question)

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:54 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Rashmun wrote:'do you love shopping?' she asked me. 'she' being my friend's girl friend--the three of us had gone out together.

Are you trying to impress us claiming you actually READ ? yeah...rite...

(and you have a kindle and dont know how to find its storage capacity? a typical rashmunesque question)

--> i was presented a kindle fairly recently and have fallen in love with it. oh yes, another thing in favor of the kindle:
you can access your book IMMEDIATELY without going to a bookstore at all. just download it from amazon and in a few seconds you are all set to devour it. (of course one problem is that not all books are available on kindle but this defect is no doubt going to be rectified in the near future.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:19 pm

why is this thread named after shopping when its actually about some reading device :-| talk about misleading **toinggg** Sleep

Back to top Go down

Post by Silhouette Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:47 am

I got a Kindle as a present in early 2009 and at that time I thought I preferred books to an electronic devise. Next I started a new job with almost 3 hours of daily commute and finally pulled out the Kindle from storage. At first I'd read blogs & newspapers, then I started downloading books and pretty soon I was hooked. I got back to my bedtime reading habit through the Kindle. A few months into it and I had spent a good amount of money on the books and subscriptions too.

Earlier this year the commute ended and the daily Kindle routine stopped. A few weeks later I noticed that I had forgotten to remove the device from charge. Oddly, that caused the screen to burn out. The upper half of the screen has turned white and doesn't display text any longer. I have yet to call Amazon to find out my options. Though now I'm tempted by the colorful and user friendly Nook.

Silhouette

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:53 am

I can't bring myself to carry another device beyond my laptop and my cell phone. So I have the Kindle for Android app on my phone and I downloaded a bunch of books that way. I do read those books on long flights.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:19 am

rashmun, what kind do you have? the latest 3g or the older wi-fi?

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:59 am

Another Brick wrote:rashmun, what kind do you have? the latest 3g or the older wi-fi?

--> the latest version of the wifi kindle (kindle 3).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:00 am

Silhouette wrote:I got a Kindle as a present in early 2009 and at that time I thought I preferred books to an electronic devise. Next I started a new job with almost 3 hours of daily commute and finally pulled out the Kindle from storage. At first I'd read blogs & newspapers, then I started downloading books and pretty soon I was hooked. I got back to my bedtime reading habit through the Kindle. A few months into it and I had spent a good amount of money on the books and subscriptions too.

Earlier this year the commute ended and the daily Kindle routine stopped. A few weeks later I noticed that I had forgotten to remove the device from charge. Oddly, that caused the screen to burn out. The upper half of the screen has turned white and doesn't display text any longer. I have yet to call Amazon to find out my options. Though now I'm tempted by the colorful and user friendly Nook.

--> since nook does not use electronic ink your eyes are going to get tired sooner if you read for a few hours. i would wait for the color kindle to come out if i were you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down