Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Growth of cities in Andhra Pradesh: analysis of census data

+4
Kayalvizhi
Vakavaka Pakapaka
confuzzled dude
Idéfix
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Growth of cities in Andhra Pradesh: analysis of census data - Page 2 Empty Re: Growth of cities in Andhra Pradesh: analysis of census data

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:11 pm

Idéfix wrote:

Seriously though, I agree with you on this point. I don't think the argument of discrimination against Telangana on irrigation in particular or development in general holds much water*. I don't even think there is much of a case for a separate state that can be made based solely on facts. This is why I have never actively advocated for separation of Telangana, and have always advocated ways to reduce tensions and marginalize people like KCR.

KCR gang played a trick by excluding bore well/tanks/lake based irrigation or under played it.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Growth of cities in Andhra Pradesh: analysis of census data - Page 2 Empty Re: Growth of cities in Andhra Pradesh: analysis of census data

Post by Idéfix Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:17 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Idéfix wrote:

Seriously though, I agree with you on this point. I don't think the argument of discrimination against Telangana on irrigation in particular or development in general holds much water*. I don't even think there is much of a case for a separate state that can be made based solely on facts. This is why I have never actively advocated for separation of Telangana, and have always advocated ways to reduce tensions and marginalize people like KCR.

KCR gang played a trick by excluding bore well/tanks/lake based irrigation or under played it.
Yes. They can make an argument that borewells are privately funded by farmers, not through government projects, but the line gets a little murky as operational costs (electricity) are paid by the government.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:20 pm

According to Deccan Chronicle:

• 15000 crores were invested in Hyd alone by SemAndhra folks in education sector.
  • The likes of GMR, GVK, Nagarjuna, Lanco invested about 5 lakh crores in Hyd
  • Seemandhra folks in Hyderabad are being teased as "Dus saal waley" (you are here for just 10 years).

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/130807/news-current-affairs/gallery/telangana-fallout-risks-and-fears

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:57 pm

Idéfix wrote:
truthbetold wrote:Kadapa owes its rise to jagan's wealth. cd confirmed.khammam was placed too high on per capita. it has wide agency area.
i suspect the data on hyd and vzg gap. some of hyd's gdp may be counted in range ready and meDak. but that does not explain how 50% revenue comes from hyd .
hyd revenue is likely to be much larger than  vzg.
Yes, the report shows Hyderabad sales tax revenues to be much higher. You are right about Hyderabad GDP showing up in Ranga Reddy and Medak, as the city is bigger than the district now.
Here are the latest numbers, of 41,027 croroes of total sales tax revenue 27,760 came from Hyd, next comes Ranga Reddy 2,872. Viag is #3 at 1,625.  

To non-telugus: content in the link below is in telugu.
http://www.eenadu.net/news/newsitem.aspx?item=panel&no=6

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2