Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Working for places like FB and GOOG indeed ...

5 posters

Go down

Working for places like FB and GOOG indeed ... Empty Working for places like FB and GOOG indeed ...

Post by Impedimenta Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:40 pm

Drool factory!

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2013/07/26/205824630/is-the-way-to-a-tech-workers-loyalty-through-their-stomach

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Working for places like FB and GOOG indeed ... Empty Re: Working for places like FB and GOOG indeed ...

Post by Nila Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:52 pm

It's not the food. It is the stock options and those who hail the companies are those who made big mani (Money) and hiked the housing prices...not that attractive anymore. The food is attractive only on pictures. What do I know, anyways.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Working for places like FB and GOOG indeed ... Empty Re: Working for places like FB and GOOG indeed ...

Post by Guest Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:11 pm

Impedimenta wrote:Drool factory!

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2013/07/26/205824630/is-the-way-to-a-tech-workers-loyalty-through-their-stomach
 Seen the NYC google office. Basically, their hidden agenda is that you stay there and never want to go back home.

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:51 pm

Through the stomach - that's right. Where I work, there is a fully stocked kitchen with cereal, milk, organic fruits, snacks, soda, coconut water, odwalla fruit juices etc. And sponsored happy hours once in a while. There are some companies here which offer catered lunch EVERY DAY.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:16 pm

Nila wrote:It's not the food. It is the stock options and those who hail the companies are those who made big mani (Money) and hiked the housing prices...not that attractive anymore. The food is attractive only on pictures. What do I know, anyways.
Komboletely agree....Wink

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:29 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Nila wrote:It's not the food. It is the stock options and those who hail the companies are those who made big mani (Money) and hiked the housing prices...not that attractive anymore. The food is attractive only on pictures. What do I know, anyways.
Komboletely agree....Wink
 Swamiyare, I agree also. When all knowing you know nothing about working with FB, and Goog...how would I know?

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:50 am

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
Impedimenta wrote:Drool factory!

Seen the NYC google office. Basically, their hidden agenda is that you stay there and never want to go back home.
>>>>That is pretty much the idea in silicon valley. Larry and Sergei get involved in the food policies at google from what I hear and a lot of the good restaurants used to get raided for their chefs.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down