Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

when kids stop being fun?

4 posters

Go down

when kids stop being fun? Empty when kids stop being fun?

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:11 pm

is it after 5 or 6 or much later? they're most fun from 3 months to 4yrs but when do they get annoying?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

when kids stop being fun? Empty Re: when kids stop being fun?

Post by Guest Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:17 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:is it after 5 or 6 or much later? they're most fun from 3 months to 4yrs but when do they get annoying?
 i think they become more interesting after 5 or 6 years of age.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:59 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:is it after 5 or 6 or much later? they're most fun from 3 months to 4yrs but when do they get annoying?
3 months into their middle school 6th grade. That is when you change your style of interaction with them and fine tune your interests with their theirs.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:11 pm

I think daughters bring more fun and drama than sons. My little one took over the family dynamics and she controls the fun in the family. Sorry, I lost track.

Biking, hiking, running, swimming, watching movies...are all fun at any age. My dd is more fun for me these days coz she likes to watch soaps with me. DS is more nerdy and always into books...so don't have much in common. Hey...what are you reading? I am this.....and that. Oh good! Mom really....really did you get what I just told? You know me...he he.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:17 pm

props, kids don't stop being fun. of course, there are exceptions. and as vidya says, they are more fun after they are 5/6 yrs. old. i did not take much interest in my older till he was in the 4th grade (owing to work preoccupations). since then i have derived much joy from seeing him grow -- he is almost a friend to me now. i have also enjoyed watching the younger bloom in the older's footsteps. :-) & (-:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:20 pm

Nila wrote:I think daughters bring more fun and drama than sons.
o shut up.

edit. i'm tired of hearing my wife repeat that line.

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:06 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:props, kids don't stop being fun. of course, there are exceptions. and as vidya says, they are more fun after they are 5/6 yrs. old. i did not take much interest in my older till he was in the 4th grade (owing to work preoccupations). since then i have derived much joy from seeing him grow -- he is almost a friend to me now. i have also enjoyed watching the younger bloom in the older's footsteps. :-) & (-:
 this weekend is kid appreciation weekend. will go to both zoos and the circus

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:51 pm

Nila wrote:I think daughters bring more fun and drama than sons. My little one took over the family dynamics and she controls the fun in the family. Sorry, I lost track.

Biking, hiking, running, swimming, watching movies...are all fun at any age. My dd is more fun for me these days coz she likes to watch soaps with me. DS is more nerdy and always into books...so don't have much in common. Hey...what are you reading? I am this.....and that. Oh good! Mom really....really did you get what I just told? You know me...he he.
Daughters being closer to mom is normal - as there are things that a D can only talk to mom.

In fact, to realize what is and is not fun one has to look back after a few years. Just like you and your parents, you felt comfortable and even wished to talk to parents. OTOH, you wished your parents would not bug you and leave you alone on some matters. That is something each parent has to learn. As in any relationship...it is important to know when to interact and more important when not to interact.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:09 pm

Nila wrote:I think daughters bring more fun and drama than sons. My little one took over the family dynamics and she controls the fun in the family. Sorry, I lost track.

** your daughter watches soaps with you??? isn't that intellectually damaging?

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:18 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:

** your daughter watches soaps with you??? isn't that intellectually damaging?
it all depends....it can be, for some people, intellectually stimulating.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down