Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post Sai Baba Trust less Board members

3 posters

Go down

Post Sai Baba Trust less Board members Empty Post Sai Baba Trust less Board members

Post by truthbetold Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:59 pm

I will assume all of you have read the illegal midnight money transfer story in recent days after Sai Baba's demise. Hope these trust less board members deprive the Hospital and university of its share of funds.

Does any one have any other information or inside knowledge on the functioning of this trust?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post Sai Baba Trust less Board members Empty Re: Post Sai Baba Trust less Board members

Post by charvaka Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:03 am

The question is whether this baba can become a money spinner in his death like the baba of Shirdi did. If his devotees continue to throng Puttaparthi and keep sending money, the hospital and university can keep their funding. If not, the family members will loot more money from the trust, and everything else will fall apart. The behavior of the trust so far may not inspire devotees to continue sending money though.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post Sai Baba Trust less Board members Empty Re: Post Sai Baba Trust less Board members

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:35 am

TBT, I recall you and Kinny Aunty were extremely vocal advocates for private trusts being allowed a free run on the finances of the temples they governed.

Has this latest evidence of abuse changed your mind or do you still hold on to your earlier views on the topic?
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:50 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:TBT, I recall you and Kinny Aunty were extremely vocal advocates for private trusts being allowed a free run on the finances of the temples they governed.

Has this latest evidence of abuse changed your mind or do you still hold on to your earlier views on the topic?

No. Neither has Pakistani democracy and Nepali's never ending political fighting soured me on democracy. Each institution has to fight through its own travails and learn and grow.

Govt run temples posed bigger and worse problems. The chairman position of Tirupati devasthanam was a political reward and it was given as a bribe for Nuclear vote in Parliament. That guy promptly sold temple entry tickets for profit. Govt is no panacea. It is the problem.

Temples are Hindu's Property. They are their problems and their mess. Let them sort it out.

Govt could play positive role by creating laws and process to make the trusts democratic and transparent and accountable to financial and legal requirements.

I suspect AP Babus are licking their lips at the opportunity to take our Sai trusts and these greedy individuals are paving the way for that.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down