Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chennai Express - Did Tamilians like it?

2 posters

Go down

Chennai Express - Did Tamilians like it? Empty Chennai Express - Did Tamilians like it?

Post by TruthSeeker Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:11 pm

I watched it last Sunday. The comedy goes faster than you realize. The intermission comes faster than you realize. Even for my son, who reads subtitles to understand - What? Interval already? This is a short movie. The movie aint short at close to 2.5 hours, it just feels that way. But I did wonder if Tamilians liked it, or took it light heartedly?

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Chennai Express - Did Tamilians like it? Empty Re: Chennai Express - Did Tamilians like it?

Post by seven Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:24 pm

i set my expectations so low that i ended up enjoying the movie. itni bhi buri nahi thi Very Happy

seven

Back to top Go down

Chennai Express - Did Tamilians like it? Empty Re: Chennai Express - Did Tamilians like it?

Post by TruthSeeker Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:42 pm

@Satto - I had my expectations low as well after "critics" review. But, I have long missed my favorite actor "Govinda". If NIs can love Govinda, and SIs can love Rajni, certainly Indian mindset is totally biased to judge anything "critically". So screw critics, movie was simply timepass-fun! :-)

l8r g8r.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:05 pm

i loved the thalaiva song lololol the lungi dance

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSeeker Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:25 pm

Is not the word "lungi" supposed to get abuse from predominantly Tambis from this site? 

Whats my point?

My point is that certain Sulekhites prefer to live in their wells.

Be it in the name of language and region in the likes of Kayal to the extreme of brainwashed, and Maxipad to another extreme of claiming to be educated. But NONE are close to be AWARE in their MIND, IMHO.

They are SHACKLED by their language and region. May their kids marry not just outside their language, but outside this planet! ;-)

Shameful narrow attitude they carry.

As for Chennai Express, the movie - They "THINK" they are too smart. Delusional.

I will ask the same Q on "Madras Cafe" as well.

Tambis are undoubtedly the MOST narrow minded folks.

No wonder, NIs call them Madrasis. They refuse to come out of their wells.

Blunt thoughts against language based narrow minded Indians,
TS.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:50 pm

TruthSeeker wrote:Is not the word "lungi" supposed to get abuse from predominantly Tambis from this site? 

that's what the song's called. no abuse Wink
as far as i know, they've made peace with it.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSeeker Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:42 pm

(-:

Take care Satrangi,
TS.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down