Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you find this picture offensive?

+4
pravalika nanda
seven
Propagandhi711
nevada
8 posters

Go down

Do you find this picture offensive? Empty Do you find this picture offensive?

Post by nevada Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:30 pm

This is a vogue pic of Marissa Mayer which has reportedly caused a lot of backlash. 

Do you find this picture offensive? Img-marissamayer1_160141420863.jpg_guides_hero

nevada

Back to top Go down

Do you find this picture offensive? Empty Re: Do you find this picture offensive?

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:42 pm

looks unreal, like a mannequin. seriously I feel this chick's getting setup to fail and fail spectacularly

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Do you find this picture offensive? Empty Re: Do you find this picture offensive?

Post by seven Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:57 pm

women who think beauty should not be flaunted because then everyone will think she's successful bcz she's beautiful and not because she's smart, have a problem with this pic. 
others think women shouldnt have to underplay their beauty and they can be beautiful and smart, successful. 

she does look a little unreal and uncomfortable. not offensive though.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:54 am

it's quite strange how women at that stage in their life and career still feel the need to be celebrated for their physical appearance. it's just weird.

i don't find the thing offensive, it's narcissitic, if you want to be a leader and truly create change i think you should keep your weaknesses to yourself. we have indra nooyi at the other end who looks truly ugly and non-gender, there's room for improvement but she still looks fun, strong, reliable and well-informed. but with marissa, you want to tell her to please make your pale, cheap, anorexic self scarce.  she's setting herself up for failure and disrespect.

you know who I like, I like this woman named leena nair of unilever, she seems level-headed and modest.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:37 am

seven wrote:women who think beauty should not be flaunted because then everyone will think she's successful bcz she's beautiful and not because she's smart, have a problem with this pic. 
others think women shouldnt have to underplay their beauty and they can be beautiful and smart, successful. 

she does look a little unreal and uncomfortable. not offensive though.
Agree... I think she should call Hugh Hefner and do a Centerfold. Now that will be a first for a female CEO of a major company (before it becomes a small company).

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:34 am

pravalika nanda wrote:it's quite strange how women at that stage in their life and career still feel the need to be celebrated for their physical appearance. it's just weird.

i don't find the thing offensive, it's narcissitic, if you want to be a leader and truly create change i think you should keep your weaknesses to yourself. we have indra nooyi at the other end who looks truly ugly and non-gender, there's room for improvement but she still looks fun, strong, reliable and well-informed. but with marissa, you want to tell her to please make your pale, cheap, anorexic self scarce.  she's setting herself up for failure and disrespect.

you know who I like, I like this woman named leena nair of unilever, she seems level-headed and modest.
pangs of jealousy detected.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:41 am

pravalika nanda wrote:it's quite strange how women at that stage in their life and career still feel the need to be celebrated for their physical appearance. it's just weird.

houston, we have a big problem here. aiyoo, if only someone else can see what i see.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekz Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:44 am

She looks neat and nice..

Hey! How are you all doing ? Long time..
Rekz
Rekz

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:45 am

offensive, not at all. photoshopped, yes. not that there is anything wrong with that! FB prof pics are heavily photoshopped so people can appear "hotter" than they are Rolling Eyes

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:54 pm

She is only 38.

Leena who ? I rest my case.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:51 pm

Nope, not really. I find her business suit a little mixed up with her pose - it would've been a better picture with fall dress - something a sleeveless top and a capri. She looks like a model!

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down