Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IIT JEE Topper question

3 posters

Go down

IIT JEE Topper question Empty IIT JEE Topper question

Post by sambarvada Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:12 pm

http://www.openthemagazine.com/article/nation/where-are-they-now#comment-11373

I think it is rather obvious to decipher the objectives and motivation of most of these toppers given that almost all study Computer Science. There is nothing inherently great about Computer Science that attracts these toppers. It is just that most other toppers choose CS and it has the best prospects in terms of earning potential. Why cannot a topper study Metallurgy (I could be killed if I said this in a gathering of IITians). They don't have the courage of conviction to take the path less traveled.

sambarvada

Back to top Go down

IIT JEE Topper question Empty Re: IIT JEE Topper question

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:32 pm

Metallurgy/materials Science-Engineering is one of the hottest areas.

CS is little more than programming skills course. there is very little "science" in computer sci curriculum - they have 3 courses at the max that can be considered basic.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Absolute Zero Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:37 pm

For a time it was all Mechanical Engg and L&T and such gaints hired like frenzy. Then it was Electronics Engg (Electrical engg guys said "we too" and joined them but nobody gave a hoot). From there now it is all CS. CS is easy because you never have to sit by the flowing iron at 1700 deg C and always have the AC room.

If tomorrow some other branch comes out like 'Solar Panel Engg" and is hot everybody will go that way. And all the private colleges of Karnataka and TN will start one branch and demand 20 lacs donation. Nothing wrong about it anway ;-) (Jerry Sienfeld tone here)

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down