Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fog of male anxiety

4 posters

Go down

fog of male anxiety Empty fog of male anxiety

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:22 pm

http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/09/05/in-academia-a-fog-of-male-anxiety/?_r=0

Pinker’s reflexive and overheated reaction to the events in Florida is simply one precipitate of the fog of male anxiety that floats through the halls of academia. I’m always hearing from stressed-out men, worrying aloud what “all this fuss” about sexual harassment means for them. I’ve heard it at training sessions on university sexual harassment policy: “Does this mean I can’t even tell a woman that she looks nice?” I’ve heard it in coffee lounges: “Make sure you keep your door open when you’re talking to a woman student — you never know what she might say later.” And I’ve had it confided to me, with a sigh of regret, at conference happy hours: “I’m afraid now to form any relationships with female students — they might take it the wrong way.”
funny how that works. there is perfect freedom in the other direction and it's never un-PC.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

fog of male anxiety Empty Re: fog of male anxiety

Post by Hellsangel Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:30 pm

Female students always adore their rockstar male professors. The rockstar male professors have no cause for worry.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:49 am

ha..ha..ha..seems like Mr.ex Ilavenil*, looking for a 4th innings, is still figuring out kosher ways to defend second cell phone entanglements.

*wow..what an exquisite name!

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:48 am

Summary judgement on the author: Militant feminists making it easy for garden-variety flirters and squirters in a political game of one-upmanship.

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:34 pm

Petrichor wrote:Summary judgement on the author: Militant feminists making it easy for garden-variety flirters and squirters in a political game of one-upmanship.
yes.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down