Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ahem, mm mm good

4 posters

Go down

ahem, mm mm good Empty ahem, mm mm good

Post by Impedimenta Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:39 pm

all my complaining is balanced by the most amazing coffee in the whole wide world. that and the fact that i finally fixed up my dance lessons....yay! hopefully this will put me in a better mood. who needs people and and attention?:-))

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

ahem, mm mm good Empty Re: ahem, mm mm good

Post by Merlot Daruwala Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:42 pm

Yeah..the hardships of living in a third world country (those planning to return, beware!) are balanced with minor compensations if one looks hard enough. Good coffee and great food is certainly one of them.

I don't mind the traffic - I love driving and predicting the trajectories of taxis and bikers is a great pastime. But I don't know if I could survive load-shedding in this weather - happily Bombay has no power problems and we get 24x7 power. In the last two years, I can recall maybe three or four power cuts, that too related to entirely local problems and not due to shortages.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:21 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:happily Bombay has no power problems and we get 24x7 power. In the last two years, I can recall maybe three or four power cuts, that too related to entirely local problems and not due to shortages.
That's good to hear... has power production in Maharashtra been ramped up enough to match peak demand? Is that the case in some other states as well today?
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:31 am

charvaka wrote:That's good to hear... has power production in Maharashtra been ramped up enough to match peak demand? Is that the case in some other states as well today?

no, MH was in surplus some several years ago, but now it borrows power from other states. Mumbai is lucky because it does not depend on MSEB for power. it gets its power from BEST. parts around Mumbai (thane, dombivli, kalyan) see regular power cuts.

pune has seen worse days, but there's a forum of puneri citizens (jan jagaran manch or some such) who convinced the govt to give Pune regular power because pune adds hundreds of crores in tax money to govt wallet (mainly auto, engg and IT industry). other parts of MH see regular power cuts and some little-known towns don't have power for up to 8-10 hours a day.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down