Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ahem, respected obamarans

+10
truthbetold
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
FluteHolder
Kris
ashaNirasha
Idéfix
Maria S
Petrichor
doofus_maximus
Impedimenta
14 posters

Go down

ahem, respected obamarans Empty ahem, respected obamarans

Post by Impedimenta Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:42 pm

Romney nailed it! i did not expect that he would hold his own this effectively! Some serious Game changing moments, so many of them, esp when he spoke about the time spent by the president rallying for obamacare rather than go after job creation. a very diff romney from the primaries. he was not combative but CLEAR, a lot clearer than his previous avatars. Talking about "trickled down economy" in this debate was the best moment in Romney's campaign just like billy boy was the best moment in the obama campaign.
so much for romney being the weaker communicator

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

ahem, respected obamarans Empty Re: ahem, respected obamarans

Post by doofus_maximus Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:44 pm

yes he won the debate. Obama was slow, plodding and unclear.

so vots for dinner ;-)
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:51 pm

Romney 1 Obama 0

I think Obama is just getting disillusioned with the Republican bs and the country as well...

Obama must have seen the new yorker cartoons today:

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/issuecartoons/2012/10/08/cartoons_20121001#slide=18
did you see the cnn pulse squiggly - "undecided" Denver men were all over, slurping Romney

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/newsdesk/2012/10/the-great-cartoon-debate.html?mbid=social_retweet#slide_ss_0=6

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:52 pm

doofus_maximus wrote:yes he won the debate. Obama was slow, plodding and unclear.

so vots for dinner ;-)

Kale+spinach + almond milk+ berries + banana + protein powder and then practiced dance for 45 mins. i had two glasses of the above concoction, one before and one after.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:52 pm

Yes, Mr. Romney was very sharp, aggressive and won the debate. He was vague and misleading..but, the bottom line..he was a clear winner.

Pres. Obama was slow, way too polite for his own good, looked unprepared and disappointing.

Impedimenta, I can certainly see why you are delighted! Enjoy the moment(s)!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:55 pm

M akka, a song just for you. one of my absolute favs

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:57 pm

atcg wrote:Romney 1 Obama 0

I think Obama is just getting disillusioned with the Republican bs and the country as well...

Obama must have seen the new yorker cartoons today:

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/issuecartoons/2012/10/08/cartoons_20121001#slide=18
did you see the cnn pulse squiggly - "undecided" Denver men were all over, slurping Romney

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/newsdesk/2012/10/the-great-cartoon-debate.html?mbid=social_retweet#slide_ss_0=6

what republican bs? for every religious nut job scary ass republican there is the bra burning liberal retard. you knew that.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:02 pm

Thanks for the lovely song, I! Appreciate you taking the time and posting the song.

I am feeling a bit let-down at this time..but, tomorrow is another day! Let me not dampen your spirits!

Good night.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:04 pm

Impedimenta wrote:for every religious nut job scary ass republican there is the bra burning liberal retard. you knew that.
Let's see... we had at least three great nutjobs who led the GOP primary process for at least a few weeks each: Michele Bachmann, Rick Perry, Herman Cain. I presume you can name at least three bra-burning liberal retards who held the lead in Democratic presidential primaries.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by ashaNirasha Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:04 pm

Obama was terrible! He was spaced out, and actually lost his train of thought, and forgot what he was saying. When Lehrer asked him to respond to what Romney had just said, he didn't know what it was, and Lehrer had to repeat it. Very Happy I don't think he was listening to much of what Romney was saying.

Don't care much for the content of what Romney said, but he did look good, and perform well. He paid attention to what Obama said, came right back at them, seemed to have good attitude, demeanor.

That's my superficial assessment without paying much attention to what BOTH of them were saying. 5 minutes in to the debate, my assessment was complete, and wanted to go to bed, but was forced to watch. Now, I feel bad for Obama, it was their anniversary!

Romney won. I hope people forget this debate.

ashaNirasha

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:06 pm

I didn't watch the debate, and the consensus seems to be that Romney won. This is a good thing for this campaign. Five point leads for either candidate one month from election day is bad for the electoral process. I still hope Obama can bring his A-game next time, and that this debate doesn't erode his lead in Ohio. But I am glad there will be more energy in this campaign for the next five weeks.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by ashaNirasha Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:17 pm

[quote="Impedimenta"]
atcg wrote:Romney 1 Obama 0

what republican bs? for every religious nut job scary ass republican there is the bra burning liberal retard. you knew that.

Bra burning liberals? What era are we in?

ashaNirasha

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:22 pm

ashaNirasha wrote:Obama was terrible! He was spaced out, and actually lost his train of thought, and forgot what he was saying. When Lehrer asked him to respond to what Romney had just said, he didn't know what it was, and Lehrer had to repeat it. Very Happy I don't think he was listening to much of what Romney was saying.

Don't care much for the content of what Romney said, but he did look good, and perform well. He paid attention to what Obama said, came right back at them, seemed to have good attitude, demeanor.

That's my superficial assessment without paying much attention to what BOTH of them were saying. 5 minutes in to the debate, my assessment was complete, and wanted to go to bed, but was forced to watch. Now, I feel bad for Obama, it was their anniversary!

Romney won. I hope people forget this debate.

>>>>I agree with your asessment broadly. Obama may have been a little lax, but Romney knew he had to be more aggresive. He did do that, without being obnoxious. As of now, Romney has the momentum. His nice guy demeanor was a + too. Obama likely will come out forcefully in the next one(s).

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:31 pm

Hi Impy,
This song is dedicated to you. Enjoy.

http://www.collegehumor.com/video/6830834/undefined

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:32 pm

I agree with your asessment broadly. Obama may have been a little lax, but Romney knew he had to be more aggresive. He did do that, without being obnoxious. As of now, Romney has the momentum. His nice guy demeanor was a + too. Obama likely will come out forcefully in the next one(s).
>>>>
It is like a new applicant (Romney) making his case for a job while the already employed needs to protect his job and made sure he didnot screw up so (Obama) was less aggressive:) 2 more debates he will work on it!

For Dinner, steaming hot idlies and freshly made Ghee with Idli/Milagai Podi and some Kuruma. And thinking of making a cup of coffee or tea:)

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:55 pm

Impedimenta wrote:Romney nailed it! i did not expect that he would hold his own this effectively! Some serious Game changing moments, so many of them, esp when he spoke about the time spent by the president rallying for obamacare rather than go after job creation. a very diff romney from the primaries. he was not combative but CLEAR, a lot clearer than his previous avatars. Talking about "trickled down economy" in this debate was the best moment in Romney's campaign just like billy boy was the best moment in the obama campaign.

Romney is winning his random battles. But Obama will win the war....

No matter what the 47% is already decided, and all said, the scheduled goofups by MintyMan will push Obamulu higher and higher - from now on.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:06 am

Missed debate. Read follow up news. My impression. Romney delivered. Obama flustered. General consensus was that obama needs a tele prompter.
Time for obama to show what he got.
repubs feel mitt may have won the election tonight.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:12 am

truthbetold wrote:Missed debate. Read follow up news. My impression. Romney delivered. Obama flustered. General consensus was that obama needs a tele prompter.
Time for obama to show what he got.
repubs feel mitt may have won the election tonight.

Here is how this is all planned:

Obama loses, Minty gets upbeat, his supporters talk about Obamacare, SS, cutting entitlement, Church goers start campaigning

This fires up the Obama crowd...

Obama comes out in the 3rd debate swinging and wins it hands down..

Obama wins handsomely.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:33 am

Uppiliji,
I heard a coworker say this today "we don't plan based on assertions. Show me the data."

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:04 am

truthbetold wrote:Uppiliji,
I heard a coworker say this today "we don't plan based on assertions. Show me the data."

Much of the people follow only simple, but very important data - that sticks out.

unemployment in 2008 close to 10% now close to 8& (Minty accusing it is bad at 8% for the last 2 years).

Government employees down from 2008

26 yr olds are now free of healthcare worries

Iraq war is over

Afghan war is overING.

Bank bankruptcies in 2008 ? and now?

Housing turning around

The economy was going down like a car going down on a hill in reverse. It has to first slow the downward travel, stop, then reverse and climb back slowly...

Of course, Obama did not use these facts...and that is too bad.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Obnoxious Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:32 am

Patton Oswalt's tweet -

Mitt won this debate until the fact checkers chime in. #debate

I have not seen the debate, what I hear is Romney was pretty lax with the facts.

Obnoxious

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:23 am

Except for bicoastal liberals, it is unanimous that obsma turned in a miserable performance in the debate. Repubs are saying now it is liberal medias.time to prop up the president. Unfortunately dems are also counting on media help to cover up the mess.
Just like romney took a beating with 47% comment, debate prrformance is likely to hirt obama. He must wake up, recalibrate and give a good performance in next debate.
Obama would be finished if he is perceived as incompetent and disinterested. That is like carter and bush sr. In one.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:29 am

romney definitely looked well prepared. well prepared that is to dish out more bovine excrement and look believable while doing it. obama just looked tired dealing with the same old BS. i agree he can't afford to look disengaged. he needs to come out swinging in the next debate. and i hope biden socks it to ryan like he is capable of doing.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:32 am

there were a number of things obama could have seized on:

the 47%, wealth redistribution to the wealthy, the non release of tax returns, and the math that doesn't add up. since cold logic never works with a segment of the population (who unfortunately are probably in the undecided column right now), he needs to go for the jugular in the next debate.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:33 am

Final verdict: full of lies said confidently. And yet a winner!

Back to top Go down

Post by PavanP_Nahata_Plus_MAIyer Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:54 am

Impedimenta wrote:Romney nailed it! i did not expect that he would hold his own this effectively! Some serious Game changing moments, so many of them, esp when he spoke about the time spent by the president rallying for obamacare rather than go after job creation. a very diff romney from the primaries. he was not combative but CLEAR, a lot clearer than his previous avatars. Talking about "trickled down economy" in this debate was the best moment in Romney's campaign just like billy boy was the best moment in the obama campaign.

Maidam, Obama was weaker in the debate yesterday. Agreed. But Romney lied, did flip-flops and yet looked strong. His mentor, Goerge Costenza. "It's not a lie, if you believe in it".

PavanP_Nahata_Plus_MAIyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:08 am

It's the morning after..feel like McKayla Maroney (#18 below) and need some cheering up..where else to go but Buzzfeed!

http://www.buzzfeed.com/gavon/the-internet-responds-to-the-presidential-debate

I guess.. have to write more checks and work harder:cry: ..for the man in the who should have worn some pink last night:) (#14)
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by PavanP_Nahata_Plus_MAIyer Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:26 am

Impedimenta wrote:Romney nailed it!

Maidam, How can America stand behind a person who flip-flops and changes his position on issues every few days, months? I mean, the guy was a liberal not too long ago, till somebody loaned him a conservative burkha for this election.

PavanP_Nahata_Plus_MAIyer

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:37 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:romney definitely looked well prepared. well prepared that is to dish out more bovine excrement and look believable while doing it. obama just looked tired dealing with the same old BS. i agree he can't afford to look disengaged. he needs to come out swinging in the next debate. and i hope biden socks it to ryan like he is capable of doing.

I could see OBama grind his teeth while Romney was speaking. Didn't look good.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:42 am

summary of the last night's debate:

ahem, respected obamarans Mjwf2
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:22 am

While the soap opera continues, what's ignored is how similar the two parties are.

"Wednesday night's debate between Barack Obama and Mitt Romney underscored a core truth about
America's presidential election season: the vast majority of the most consequential policy questions are completely excluded from the process. This fact is squarely at odds with a primary claim made about the two parties – that they represent radically different political philosophies – and illustrates how narrow the range of acceptable mainstream political debate is in the country.
"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/oct/04/third-party-us-presidential-debate-deceit

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:34 am

If people really cared about the actual policies, they would have been outraged at Ron Paul's exclusion. the known devil, the messiah and the savior of all the people of america, the knight in shining armor on the one end and the unknown rich angel on the other. mmm, tough choice here Rolling Eyes

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:21 am

Impedimenta wrote:If people really cared about the actual policies, they would have been outraged at Ron Paul's exclusion. the known devil, the messiah and the savior of all the people of america, the knight in shining armor on the one end and the unknown rich angel on the other. mmm, tough choice here Rolling Eyes
So which of Paul's policies do you think are outrageously good? And why?
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:55 am

panini press wrote:
Impedimenta wrote:If people really cared about the actual policies, they would have been outraged at Ron Paul's exclusion. the known devil, the messiah and the savior of all the people of america, the knight in shining armor on the one end and the unknown rich angel on the other. mmm, tough choice here Rolling Eyes

you are such a bully! i refuse to participate in your website anyone. i am huffing and puffing my way out. Did you not get the memo that i am cool hence i support ron paul? are you blind?

more later.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:27 pm

Impedimenta wrote:
panini press wrote:

you are such a bully! i refuse to participate in your website anyone. i am huffing and puffing my way out. Did you not get the memo that i am cool hence i support ron paul? are you blind?

more later.
Ayyo, this place really is a zoo.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:18 pm

panini press wrote:
Impedimenta wrote:
panini press wrote:

more later.

Ron Paul is a real republican (with some libertarian contamination). Romney is a pseudo-republican.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:29 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
panini press wrote:
Impedimenta wrote:
panini press wrote:

more later.

Ron Paul is a real republican (with some libertarian contamination). Romney is a pseudo-republican.
Romney is anything he thinks you want him to be.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:04 am

panini press wrote:Romney is anything he thinks you want him to be.

Don't be surprised if this trait is touted as flexible and his natural instinct to arrive at a consensus during his presidency.

It is called Adaptability.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:12 am

Three words to discribe romney arrogant, clueless (about middle class), and opportunistic.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down