Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

India Govt monitors/snoops on Indian net users...

Go down

India Govt monitors/snoops on Indian net users... Empty India Govt monitors/snoops on Indian net users...

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:03 pm

....Why isn't the NCW - National ConWomen - doing anything?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

India Govt monitors/snoops on Indian net users... Empty Re: India Govt monitors/snoops on Indian net users...

Post by Guest Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:23 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

....Why isn't the NCW - National ConWomen  - doing anything?
Indian Telegraph Act does not cover the internet. Illegal tapping of phones is a violation of the Indian Telegraph Act.

Back to top Go down

India Govt monitors/snoops on Indian net users... Empty Re: India Govt monitors/snoops on Indian net users...

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:34 pm

Rashmun wrote:

Indian Telegraph Act does not cover the internet. Illegal tapping of phones is a violation of the Indian Telegraph Act.
an investigation by The Hindu reveals that the Internet activities of India’s roughly 160 million users are already being subjected to wide-ranging surveillance and monitoring, much of which is in violation of the government’s own rules and notifications for ensuring “privacy of communications”.

Don't give me that "I did not run over the man; only my car did" bullshyt.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:47 pm

Rashmun wrote:

an investigation by The Hindu reveals that the Internet activities of India’s roughly 160 million users are already being subjected to wide-ranging surveillance and monitoring, much of which is in violation of the government’s own rules and notifications for ensuring “privacy of communications”.

My understanding is that the laws for internet are still evolving in India.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:20 pm

Rashmun wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

Then your understanding is wrong...(no surprises there):

****From Uncle Wiki*********
India

In June, 2011, India passed a new privacy package that included various new rules that apply to companies and consumers. A key aspect of the new rules requires that any organization that processes personal information must obtain written consent from the data subjects before undertaking certain activities. Application of the rule is still uncertain.[5]

Previously, the Information Technology (Amendment) Act, 2008 made changes to the Information Technology Act, 2000 and added the following two sections relating to Privacy:

Section 43A, which deals with implementation of reasonable security practices for sensitive personal data or information and provides for the compensation of the person affected by wrongful loss or wrongful gain.[6]

Section 72A, which provides for imprisonment for a period up to 3 years and/or a fine up to Rs. 5,00,000 for a person who causes wrongful loss or wrongful gain by disclosing personal information of another person while providing services under the terms of lawful contract.[6]

Will wait for your next excuse/justification/twisted explanation...

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:24 pm

Rashmun wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

India

In June, 2011, India passed a new privacy package that included various new rules that apply to companies and consumers. A key aspect of the new rules requires that any organization that processes personal information must obtain written consent from the data subjects before undertaking certain activities. Application of the rule is still uncertain.[5]

Previously, the Information Technology (Amendment) Act, 2008 made changes to the Information Technology Act, 2000 and added the following two sections relating to Privacy:

Section 43A, which deals with implementation of reasonable security practices for sensitive personal data or information and provides for the compensation of the person affected by wrongful loss or wrongful gain.[6]

Section 72A, which provides for imprisonment for a period up to 3 years and/or a fine up to Rs. 5,00,000 for a person who causes wrongful loss or wrongful gain by disclosing personal information of another person while providing services under the terms of lawful contract.[6]

your own material is saying the application of these rules is uncertain. the reason for the uncertainty is that the laws for the internet are still evolving in India.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:41 pm

Rashmun wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
Rashmun wrote:Indian Telegraph Act does not cover the internet. Illegal tapping of phones is a violation of the Indian Telegraph Act.

India

your own material is saying the application of these rules is uncertain. the reason for the uncertainty is that the laws for the internet are still evolving in India.
Application of ANY and ALL rules in India is uncertain.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:04 pm

Rashmun wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:**********

India

Application of ANY and ALL rules in India is uncertain.
All right, then identify a woman in India who is being snooped over the internet and report the case with supporting evidence to NCW. See the difficulty in doing this now? Bingo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:06 am

Rashmun wrote:All right, then identify a woman in India who is being snooped over the internet and report the case with supporting evidence to NCW. See the difficulty in doing this now? Bingo.
The girl's father has said the girl knew about the so-called "snooping". How about your NCW looking into Shehada's rape allegation in UP ? Is raping is ok??? Oh wait...we are talking about UP and Delhi - where rape is jijubi.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down