Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tasks to be completed from 18 to 60yrs

+4
SomeProfile
garam_kuta
Mr. T
Rekz
8 posters

Go down

Tasks to be completed from 18 to 60yrs Empty Tasks to be completed from 18 to 60yrs

Post by Rekz Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:27 am

Early adulthood-18 to 40yrs

-Getting started in an occupation
-Selecting a mate
-Learning to live with a marriage partner
-Starting a family
-Rearing children
-Managing a home
-Taking on civic responsibility
-Finding a congenial social group

Middle age -40 to 60yrs

-Achieving adult civic and social responsibility
-Assisting teenage children to become responsibile and happy adults
-Developing adult leisure -time activities
-Relating oneself to one's spouse as a person
-Accepting and adjusting to the physiological changes of the middle age
-Reaching and maintaining satisfactory perfomance in one's occupational career
-Adjusting to aging parents
@ Seven
It's good to be obsessed with age & time...else how would we know what to expect next...
Rekz
Rekz

Back to top Go down

Tasks to be completed from 18 to 60yrs Empty Re: Tasks to be completed from 18 to 60yrs

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:08 am

What happens after 60? Go on a yatra? What a Face

Back to top Go down

Tasks to be completed from 18 to 60yrs Empty Re: Tasks to be completed from 18 to 60yrs

Post by Mr. T Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:51 am

Rekz wrote:

-Selecting a mate
-Starting a family
-Rearing children
-Managing a home

Middle age -40 to 60yrs

@ Seven
It's good to be obsessed with age & time...else how would we know what to expect next...

You forget the most important task, make time for yourself, learn to enjoy and appreciate life, stop to smell the roses !!!

Mr. T

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:58 am

Rekz wrote:

-Selecting a mate
-Starting a family
-Rearing children
-Managing a home

Middle age -40 to 60yrs

@ Seven

rekz... this is all too shattering..your account has been hacked or what- by the art of living foundation. net or something

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:35 pm

Mr. T. Time to smell the roses comes after sixty. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. T Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:41 pm

Priya wrote:Mr. T. Time to smell the roses comes after sixty. Very Happy

A common mistake made by all of us !!!!

Mr. T

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekz Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:48 pm

@priya-after 60 it's rock n roll....provided the above tasks are fulfilled
@GK-I was reading sulekha CH...TS discussions ...guess carried away from my otherwise chillar party mode Smile
@Mr.T-Don't u roses are overrated? they look beautiful...but smell??? Exclamation but yes u r right..enjoy the sunsets,watch birds fly,click pics of rainbows & all good things in life
Rekz
Rekz

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. T Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:50 pm

Rekz wrote:@priya-after 60 it's rock n roll....provided the above tasks are fulfilled
@GK-I was reading sulekha CH...TS discussions ...guess carried away from my otherwise chillar party mode Smile
@Mr.T-Don't u roses are overrated? they look beautiful...but smell??? Exclamation but yes u r right..enjoy the sunsets,watch birds fly,click pics of rainbows & all good things in life

Rekz...you know what I meant and roses, might not smell but they are a symbol of everything that is nice in this world...no on can take that away from them.

Mr. T

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekz Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:04 pm

Mr. T wrote:
Rekz wrote:@priya-after 60 it's rock n roll....provided the above tasks are fulfilled

Rekz...you know what I meant and roses, might not smell but they are a symbol of everything that is nice in this world...no on can take that away from them.

Hmmm Smile Nice see someone talk about roses on this forum....u belong to early adulthood or middle age? Question
Rekz
Rekz

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. T Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:05 pm

Rekz wrote:
Mr. T wrote:

Hmmm Smile Nice see someone talk about roses on this forum....u belong to early adulthood or middle age? Question

I am young at heart...enuf said !!!!

Mr. T

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:07 pm

Mr. T wrote:

Oldies are the only people who claim to be young at heart! Did you really have to break Rekz's heart with that revelation? Couldn't you have pretended to be a late 20s bachelor for her sake?

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. T Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:10 pm

SomeProfile wrote:
Mr. T wrote:

Oldies are the only people who claim to be young at heart! Did you really have to break Rekz's heart with that revelation? Couldn't you have pretended to be a late 20s bachelor for her sake?

Awright... I can be that....a late 20s bachelor...going strong !!!!

Mr. T

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:17 pm

Rekz wrote:

-Selecting a mate
-Starting a family
-Rearing children
-Managing a home

Middle age -40 to 60yrs

@ Seven

What a list! My own plan is so different from this. Here's what I plan on doing:

* Continue being single and working in the US till age 40. Save as much money as I can. Continue having a few affairs every year.

* At 40, chuck my job and everything I have in the US and go to Goa. Live a really minimalistic life as a beach bum for one year. The next year, choose a different beach in a different country. The idea is to live in a different country, going from beach to beach, every year. My preferred mode of travel from country to country will be by ship. Hopefully, I can get some small blue collar job on the ship and bum my ride, instead of having to pay for it.

* By age 55, I want to have lived on every continent and every ocean. And loved the women in all the places I have lived in.

* At 55, come back to India, plead with my older brother and sister to provide a monthly stipend to look after my aging parents.

* When my parents have passed on, hopefully I'll still have some savings left over to last me till it's time for me to pass on myself.

* If I am lucky, somewhere along my travels, I might pick up some special skills (yoga, tantra, etc.) which I could use to run a small class when I return to India and help pay for my expenses as well.

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekz Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:33 pm

sounds good SP...pls stick to ur plans above...copy paste the same to propagandhi711 too
Rekz
Rekz

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekz Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:36 pm

Mr. T wrote:
SomeProfile wrote:
Mr. T wrote:

Nice to meet u Mr.T flower
We will ask the admin to bring in a red rose soon.
Rekz
Rekz

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. T Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:38 pm

Rekz wrote:
Mr. T wrote:
SomeProfile wrote:
Mr. T wrote:

There..that is second flower I have collected so far...is anybody maintaining a statistics ?

Mr. T

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. T Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:40 pm

Rekz wrote:
Mr. T wrote:
SomeProfile wrote:
Mr. T wrote:

..and oh btw, when are we going out for coffee ?

Mr. T

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:48 pm

Rekz wrote:
Mr. T wrote:
SomeProfile wrote:
Mr. T wrote:

Good luck Rekz. A dozen red roses will do the trick. tongue

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekz Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:52 pm

Mr.T..O neega chennaiya? then take one more flower
Just saw ur sulekha profile....u r 1999 member...but joined CH recently?

coffee why not...but u r in the queue..firstly there is SP for masala dosa date...then propagandhi711(it's complicated)hopefully will sort it out Smile
adhukku aparam thaan neega
Rekz
Rekz

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. T Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:56 pm

Rekz wrote:Mr.T..O neega chennaiya? then take one more flower
Just saw ur sulekha profile....u r 1999 member...but joined CH recently?

coffee why not...but u r in the queue..firstly there is SP for masala dosa date...then propagandhi711(it's complicated)hopefully will sort it out Smile
adhukku aparam thaan neega

You are checking out my profile !!? Things are already perking up for me !!!!....what do you mean by I joined CH recently ? I have been the grand old daddy of CH !!!..or so I would like to believe !!!.

hmm..not too happy about the queue...is there a 500 Rs/ special queue, that I can jump onto ?

Mr. T

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:39 pm

Rekz wrote:then propagandhi711(it's complicated)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1230414/
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:46 pm

Rekz wrote:

-Selecting a mate
-Starting a family
-Rearing children
-Managing a home

Middle age -40 to 60yrs

@ Seven

Believe it or not you just sounded like Sunil Dutt in Padosan lol! i almost felt like Saira Bano laughing at you from samne wali khidki lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekz Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:17 pm

@ 7- scratch
Rekz
Rekz

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekz Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:19 pm

charvaka wrote:

Mr.Admin-we want a red rose emotion-urgent
Rekz
Rekz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:37 pm

Rekz wrote:@ 7- scratch

watch from 5:10

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:34 am

SomeProfile wrote:
Oldies are the only people who claim to be young at heart!

hahaha. i am going to use that line in real life. that's the only takeaway from this blip bloop blah thread.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekz Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:46 am

Another babe-it's imp to keep ur heart young...learn it b4 it's too late... Smile
DUGFP* finds all bubbly bubble babes to be blip bhop blah

**dark ugly guy from pune
Rekz
Rekz

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:00 am

Rekz wrote:Another babe-it's imp to keep ur heart young...learn it b4 it's too late... Smile

rekz, this is the first time your post has brought what one might consider a half-smile to my face. you and shaven need to keep at it.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:09 am

What does "young at heart" mean anyway? That they need to grow up?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:11 am

Another Brick wrote:
Rekz wrote:Another babe-it's imp to keep ur heart young...learn it b4 it's too late... Smile

rekz, this is the first time your post has brought what one might consider a half-smile to my face. you and shaven need to keep at it.

ha ha, not sure about shaven (well she's been posting pjs in the jokes thread) but rekzu has quite a sense of humour.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekz Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:18 am

Another babe- keep the smile on...keep ur eyes & heart open to my BBB posts here...never know u might pick some imp lessons in life Smile
btw what's ur domain ?

Rekz
Rekz

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:07 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:... but rekzu has quite a sense of humour.

hmm... i have to pay close attention to such threads now.

rekz wrote:what's your domain?

is this how they ask "how are you doing?" on social networking sites these days - "what's your domain, dog/homie?" or is this a serious question?

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by harharmahadev Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:57 am

Rekz wrote:

-Selecting a mate
-Starting a family
-Rearing children
-Managing a home

Middle age -40 to 60yrs

@ Seven

what abt buying a house? 401k planning? college?

harharmahadev

http://www.desichatter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekz Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:58 am

Another Brick wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:... but rekzu has quite a sense of humour.

hmm... i have to pay close attention to such threads now.

rekz wrote:what's your domain?

is this how they ask "how are you doing?" on social networking sites these days - "what's your domain, dog/homie?" or is this a serious question?

serious question brick
Rekz
Rekz

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:09 am

oh, i am in IT industry. i work on data warehousing tools.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:08 am

The older the fiddle, the better the tune. After 60 life gets lively. Ask around. Basketball

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. T Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:42 am

Rekz wrote:
charvaka wrote:

Make that a bouquet...i am not easily satisfied !!! Razz

Mr. T

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. T Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:43 am

Priya wrote:The older the fiddle, the better the tune. After 60 life gets lively. Ask around. Basketball

Kinda like wine eh ?

Mr. T

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:49 am

Mr. T wrote:
Rekz wrote:
charvaka wrote:

A man asking for flowers.

You qualify:
https://such.forumotion.com/t1630p50-what-was-it-that-attracted-you-to-him-her-when-it-did#13825
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:50 am

Mr. T wrote:
Priya wrote:The older the fiddle, the better the tune. After 60 life gets lively. Ask around. Basketball

Kinda like wine eh ?

Yes Mr.T like an aged wine. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:51 am

Priya wrote:
Yes Mr.T like an aged wine. Very Happy
With the sulfites intact.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. T Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:52 am

Hellsangel wrote:
Mr. T wrote:
Rekz wrote:
charvaka wrote:

A man asking for flowers.

You qualify:
https://such.forumotion.com/t1630p50-what-was-it-that-attracted-you-to-him-her-when-it-did#13825

Who is attracted to me now !!!?

Mr. T

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:53 am

Rekz wants the flower for the man, no man asks for flowers. Rekzy is one of of a kind, cute and affable. jocolor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:54 am

Mr. T wrote:

Whoa Nellie! I talk of a man asking for flowers and you jump to attraction.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. T Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:55 am

Hellsangel wrote:
Mr. T wrote:

Whoa Nellie! I talk of a man asking for flowers and you jump to attraction.

Well, your link had that topic and hence my question.

Mr. T

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down