Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Devyani issue: This guy sums it up

+3
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
MaxEntropy_Man
Rishi
7 posters

Go down

Devyani issue: This guy sums it up  Empty Devyani issue: This guy sums it up

Post by Rishi Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:13 pm

Birendra (Mumbai, India)

READ AND REPORT: America can rain laser-guided bombs from drones in Pakistan, Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Yemen, Syria, Iran and Somalia, sovereign nations which it is not at war with officially, killing hundreds of innocent civilians and still argue that its actions are legal. They can do renditions to Guantanamo and argue that their actions are legal. Wherever Big Brother goes, he does not want local laws to apply. In Afghanistan America wants immunity from local laws if their residual troops stay back. They wanted the same in Iraq. When Raymond Allen Davis, a contractor from US, killed two in Pakistan and was subsequently jailed and criminally charged by Pakistani authorities with double murder and the illegal possession of a firearm, the U.S. government contended that he was protected by diplomatic immunity by virtue of his employment with the U.S. Consulate in Lahore. Even the ever so enlightened sagacious pundit, President Barack Obama asked Pakistan not to prosecute Davis and recognize him as a diplomat saying, "There's a broader principle at stake that I think we have to uphold." AMERICANS DIDN'T WASTE TIME SPLITTING HAIRS ABOUT THE MORALITY OF THE ACTION. THEY WANTED THEIR MAN OUT. SIMPLE. As far as I am concerned Devyani might be the reincarnation of Laden. Who gives a F**K NOW? She might be a crooked IFS officer. This is about America’s elastic definitions and its blood-boiling double standards. Not a license to the AMERICANS to INSULT the sovereignty of INDIA, is it? Americans CANNOT willy-nilly impose their perception of morality on to Indian culture, and they don’t have the authority to impose USA laws on Indian diplomats. What right does USA have to evacuate Indian nationals (Richard’s family) involved in an ongoing case in India? Do they think that US laws inherently take precedence over Indian laws even on Indian soil? Now they HAVE NO RIGHT TO SQUEAL ABOUT AN INDIAN DIPLOMAT BREACHING THEIR LAW. WE WANT HER OUT OF THERE. PERIOD!

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Devyani issue: This guy sums it up  Empty Re: Devyani issue: This guy sums it up

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:16 pm

Rishi wrote:WE WANT HER OUT OF THERE. PERIOD![/i]

but she may not want out of here despite all that has happened. it's more complicated given that her husband is a resident (permanent resident?) here.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Devyani issue: This guy sums it up  Empty Re: Devyani issue: This guy sums it up

Post by Guest Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:33 pm

Despite all that has happened to his wife, her husband may not want to move to India with her. She'll prefer to stay in US too to be 'close to family'. People who are getting all worked up in India over her humiliation will seem like fools.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:34 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

but she may not want out of here despite all that has happened. it's more complicated given that her husband is a resident (permanent resident?) here.

He is an ABD and has worked as a Consultant to Indian Govt agencies. Am sure he has OCI. So Devyani can be deported back to India and Hoojband can work in India while Devyani spends her time in Jail for Adarsh and other crookery (hey...strip searching wont be a problem if it is done by an Indian(s) in Indian jail).

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:50 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

Aren't we quick to jump to conclusions. She has been married for close to 10 years but she appeared to have been posted in NYC only recently what makes you think that she wants to stick here forever. Indian rich don't usually want to, right?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:59 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

Aren't we quick to jump to conclusions. She has been married for close to 10 years but she appeared to have been posted in NYC only recently what makes you think that she wants to stick here forever. Indian rich don't usually want to, right?

She has been buying and accumulating real estate in maharashtra, Bombay, Cochin...over the last 10 years. The hubby has been post docing wherever she went during the last 10 years.

Probably will end in divorce.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:48 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

She has been buying and accumulating real estate in maharashtra, Bombay, Cochin...over the last 10 years. The hubby has been post docing wherever she went during the last 10 years.

>>> I guess he feels humiliated after reading news about all the thievery she and her father has been engaging in.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:02 pm

Rishi wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

>>> I guess he feels humiliated after reading news about all the thievery she and her father has been engaging in.

he'll never leave his sugar-momma. with his degree in phil, at best he can get a job that pays 3.31 per hour if he can get one in the first place. these phil types imagine and try to project themselves as romantics, thinkers, thoughtful spirits. they're just lazy green blobs, space-occupying lesions. he'd never work, i think he's doing a number on devayani. rishi, how do you know he's not quietly doing a fingeran in some other vault? I am very afraid of philosophers.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:16 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:
Rishi wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

he'll never leave his sugar-momma. with his degree in phil, at best he can get a job that pays 3.31 per hour if he can get one in the first place. these phil types imagine and try to project themselves as romantics, thinkers, thoughtful spirits. they're just lazy green blobs, space-occupying lesions. he'd never work, i think he's doing a number on devayani. rishi, how do you know he's not quietly doing a fingeran in some other vault? I am very afraid of philosophers.

>>> PN,

You are not serious. Are you?

Getting a Ph.D in philosophy from good schools in Europe or America is really not that easy.

Unlike Eastern Philosohy, western philosophy is actually a practical one.

Propositional logic which is a branch of philosohy is the underpinning of fields like computer science and computer engineering as well.

Where do you think the very concept of critical thinking comes from? Yes. You got it. Western philosophy.

He already has a Ph.D in Philosophy;  it will be piece of cake for him to go pick up a degree in any field. Because he has got all the tools of inquiry and thinking required to learn anything new. Law school will be really a cakewalk for him.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:53 pm

Rishi wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:
Rishi wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

>>> PN,

You are not serious. Are you?

Getting a Ph.D in philosophy from good schools in Europe or America is really not that easy.

Propositional logic which is a branch of philosohy is the underpinning of fields like computer science and computer engineering as well.

Where do you think the very concept of critical thinking comes from? Yes. You got it. Western philosophy.

He already has a Ph.D in Philosophy;  it will be piece of cake for him to go pick up a degree in any field. Because he has got all the tools of inquiry and thinking required to learn anything new. Law school will be really a cakewalk for him.
I was being serious. No, I did not know about things like propositional logic - it sounds interesting. However, if you really want to develop a habit of thinking critically, then math, the physical and biologic sciences and music are the way to go, not the philosophy of wine, which I hope to god is not being funded by any taxpayer money.

Law school is a cake walk for all manner of crooks and wastrels. But for you to say that he can go pick up a degree anywhere is too much, particularly for a simpering fool whose idea of a college course is the philosophy of wine. "what did Akbar drink?" that's a very strange topic to spend one's time on.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:01 pm

oh I get it, the "philosopher of wine" marries the "mistress of spices."

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:48 am

Rishi wrote:

The above comment related to the Eastern Philosophy (implying not as "practical") has no basis.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Devyani issue: This guy sums it up  Empty h

Post by Kayalvizhi Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:08 pm

Devyani issue: This guy sums it up  1520615_777318125616373_1708782441_n
m

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:22 am

Kayalvizhi wrote:Devyani issue: This guy sums it up  1520615_777318125616373_1708782441_n
m

could you describe THIS tamil prabhakaran story ?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:41 pm

Mr. Baalu said that a total of 213 Sri Lankan fishermen were in jails in Tamil Nadu and efforts should be made to release them

why is not india taking action against sri lanka?

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:42 pm

Political parties in Tamil Nadu and journalist associations on Friday sought Centre’s intervention for release of an Indian national (Tamil journalist) arrested in Sri Lanka

Why is not India shouting about it?

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down