Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Haha...Sulekha CH is dead

+11
CroMagnon
harharmahadev
Another Brick
.|Sublime|.
artood2
Admin
Impedimenta
charvaka
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Hellsangel
Merlot Daruwala
15 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Haha...Sulekha CH is dead Empty Haha...Sulekha CH is dead

Post by Merlot Daruwala Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:55 am

..for now. Chief suspect: HA.

RIP, CH.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Haha...Sulekha CH is dead Empty Re: Haha...Sulekha CH is dead

Post by Merlot Daruwala Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:58 am

Ok, that was premature. A new thread unscrambled the page there.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:13 am

It looks like CH can die. And if there is no one around to revive it. It will stay dead.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:47 pm

Unless the CEO of CH quits, that place will be on coma. The longer it is in coma, the more likely it is to die.

I see QB is advertizing and providing links to this forum and the reddit in every thread and feels thrilled about her control of CH. This is a good example of what happens when a psychosomatic, psychiatric patient is released prematurely.

Expect her to come over here, justifying in her own way, and attempt to cause a mess, followed by her FBI agent.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:06 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:I see QB is advertizing and providing links to this forum and the reddit in every thread and feels thrilled about her control of CH.
This is hilarious -- just checked it out! She knows the writing on the wall now -- so she will try her best to sabotage these sites now so we will all come back to CH!
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:Expect her to come over here, justifying in her own way, and attempt to cause a mess, followed by her FBI agent.
Yeah, that could happen, although she said she would never move.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:23 pm

>> Yeah, that could happen, although she said she would never move.

If she is not a psychotic creature, she would be a great politician. Promise something, break the promise with an utterly stupid justification, and claim not to ever broken any promise.

Multiple handles and abuse are just as easy on this site.

Is this site safe from ad-bots and spammers?

Is this site from thread killers ?

Once these are assured, we can invite the idiots and the drunkards.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:45 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:Multiple handles and abuse are just as easy on this site.
Yes.
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:Is this site safe from ad-bots and spammers?
Not sure. At least, there won't be the self-spamming that Sulekha did to CH.
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:Is this site from thread killers ?
Yes, we tested that.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:16 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar, you are an interesting poster. i thoroughly enjoy your posts. but please do me a favour by letting me know that you *are* jbf. you owe me/us this. if you want o use the "roll call" method of nevada to prove this, i yam game, i yam game!

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:20 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:Marathadi-Saamiyaar, you are an interesting poster. i thoroughly enjoy your posts. but please do me a favour by letting me know that you *are* jbf. you owe me/us this. if you want o use the "roll call" method of nevada to prove this, i yam game, i yam game!

I am getting the feeling he is Uppili.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:26 pm

We are all children of God. God resides in every one of us and it means everyone of us is in everyone of us. (Rashmun, Sandilya, Seva can discuss this eloquently)

So I am Charvaka, Huzefa Kapasi, Hellsangel, Harharmahadev, KingBEE, Max_Entropy_man, Merlot, QB, Tracy. We are one and we are different, we are good and we are evil. We are all one and the same.

Ommmmmmmmmmmmm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:34 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:Ommmmmmmmmmmmm
What does your handle name mean?
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:51 pm

charvaka wrote:

max gave a clue (by mentioning that it could be gc). what he meant is that the handle name had a tamil slant. anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:54 pm

charvaka wrote:

mendicant sitting under a tree. it is uppili. i am da detective.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:56 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:Unless the CEO of CH quits, that place will be on coma. The longer it is in coma, the more likely it is to die.

I see QB is advertizing and providing links to this forum and the reddit in every thread and feels thrilled about her control of CH. This is a good example of what happens when a psychosomatic, psychiatric patient is released prematurely.

Expect her to come over here, justifying in her own way, and attempt to cause a mess, followed by her FBI agent.

aha you can vote now?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:06 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:aha you can vote now?
Yes. Many CHers have talked about a Facebook-like "like" button. The + and - here function like that, with the option to dislike. I am taking the points system out though.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://such.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:58 pm

How does it discount fraudulent multiple voting through different handles?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:05 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:How does it discount fraudulent multiple voting through different handles?
It doesn't. If someone sets up a dozen accounts and votes for their own bad post, there's no adjustment for that. There is an admin feature that will allow me to set a limit on how many user accounts can be created from the same IP address in any 24 hour period. I have not set any such limit right now. If the users think I should, I can set a limit.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://such.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:19 pm

No need or additional burden at this time.

You can wait till QB, Agent TruthSeeker, FlimFlam, or few others show up.

Hv to go for my afternoon meditation.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun May 01, 2011 12:35 pm

charvaka wrote:

One has to know tamil to understand and relate to the meaning. Let me explain this anyway.

have you seen Khadi veshti wearing homeless beggar liiving/sleepign under a tree claiming to be a Swamy in your village/town?

These are poor swamys who can only afford to live/sleep under a tree - in a way, the true definition of a swamy in the original sense.

Son...who is your favorite God and I will pray to him on your behalf.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Sun May 01, 2011 12:37 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:Son...who is your favorite God and I will pray to him on your behalf.
My favorite god is Ravana.
PS: If this doesn't bring my guruvu-gaaru over, I don't know what will.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Sun May 01, 2011 1:08 pm

Use flat view in sulekha CH. Sometimes you may able to see better.
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 01, 2011 1:15 pm

artood2 wrote:Use flat view in sulekha CH. Sometimes you may able to see better.

yes, i just noticed this. you are not only a CH saviour, you are also a genius. let me go over and read that monsoon thread now.

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Sun May 01, 2011 1:16 pm

artood2 wrote:Use flat view in sulekha CH. Sometimes you may able to see better.

I mean using "flat" instead of "nested" view in sulekha CH. Also start and end your posts with your names. Or just stick around here. This is a better forum IMAO.
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 01, 2011 1:17 pm

yes, i know.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 01, 2011 1:19 pm

i read that thread. it was full of garbage by uppili and maria. the only conclusion that i can draw is that i am attracted to garbage.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun May 01, 2011 1:23 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:

yes, i just noticed this. you are not only a CH saviour, you are also a genius. let me go over and read that monsoon thread now.

Children:

Here is a message from the God. If you use the word QB in any post, QB's evil ghost will come down swinging an axe called yeetee and kill the thread. It even changes the handle if you post anything with a double arrow.

Only way to keep a thread going is by replying the topmost post in that thread.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Sun May 01, 2011 1:25 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:

Children:

Here is a message from the God. If you use the word QB in any post, QB's evil ghost will come down swinging an axe called yeetee and kill the thread. It even changes the handle if you post anything with a double arrow.

The best thing to do is avoid posting anything until Sulekha fixes the bugs. Let QB enjoy the Sulekha News and increase her general knowledge. The only things I will post until they fix the bugs is to encourage people to come here.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Sun May 01, 2011 1:30 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:

Children:

Uppilli, here is the mechanism how it works. As you played around with the bold font the other day, every opened tag needs to be closed. The comment tag is powerful as it forces the browser to ignore the content between opening of the tag and closing of the tag. Yeetee is leaving an opened tag. So browser ignores everything till it hits a closing tag. The --> is a closing tag. When you post it goes like this

Yee tee opens tag
Uppili closes tag U begins his comments.

Everything between the opening and closing goes away, so it finally looks like

Yee tee U begins his comments

That is why it looks like yeetee's name replaced yours.
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun May 01, 2011 1:34 pm

A total boycott of CH will leave CH in the hands of QB, and of course, Satya might decide to shut down the site for lack of any traffic. I think Maria is posting there and Uppili and smitasamm hanging in there, and Yakshi yeetee is watching closely.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Sun May 01, 2011 1:36 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:A total boycott of CH will leave CH in the hands of QB, and of course, Satya might decide to shut down the site for lack of any traffic. I think Maria is posting there and Uppili and smitasamm hanging in there, and Yakshi yeetee is watching closely.

Uppili saar, stop speaking in 3 person Smile BTW, the flat view may only be working if people are posting with closing tags. If they do not do that it may not work.
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Sun May 01, 2011 1:38 pm

In my view, the big issue with CH right now is not that individual threads are getting killed. If we create a new thread, the thread opener is not affected by this HTML comment tag business. The real issue is when yeetee or whoever kills the main page itself by using lots of open tags. When that happens, people can't even get to the thread there which directs them here.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Sun May 01, 2011 1:44 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:A total boycott of CH will leave CH in the hands of QB
Unless Sulekha fixes CH, it is better to leave the site to QB. She can carry out elaborate conversations with herself, and keep herself entertained.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:Satya might decide to shut down the site for lack of any traffic.
Here is what I think. As far as Satya is concerned, he has already shut the site down. You see, he doesn't spend any more resources looking after the site; it is just there, and it will take some resources to shut it down! Imagine you have an extra house that you have turned into a community hall for your local community. Many years ago, dogs and burglars started attacking the local people who went to use the community hall for its designated purpose. You did nothing, because you had other priorities. Now, it will take you some effort to demolish the house or forcibly evacuate the thugs who have taken it over. You just let it rot in disrepair, because that is the cheapest and easiest thing to do.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Sun May 01, 2011 1:44 pm

charvaka wrote:In my view, the big issue with CH right now is not that individual threads are getting killed. If we create a new thread, the thread opener is not affected by this HTML comment tag business. The real issue is when yeetee or whoever kills the main page itself by using lots of open tags. When that happens, people can't even get to the thread there which directs them here.

yee tee is accidentally killing the main page. If the numbnut has as much IQ as i think, it is not possible to kill main page by design. The nut has been putting the opening quote in thread's title. So if the main page does not find a closing quote it get messed up. This is particularly a problem on the main page if one of this thread becomes the top thread of an individual forum like "philosophy, sports" etc. If you see a problem anywhere do a "view source" on the page. This feature is provided by most browsers. If you do that in IE7 or above, you will see the commented portion in green. You can easily figure out the post causing problems or where to put the closing tag. This is why I recommended starting your post titles with the closing tag.

artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Sun May 01, 2011 1:48 pm

artood2 wrote:If you see a problem anywhere do a "view source" on the page. This feature is provided by most browsers.
I know, that's how I figured out a few years ago that this bug existed. I had forgotten about that, and quite stupidly wondered out loud what had happened to a thread that died. And Sasthi then looked at the source and figured it out.

artood2 wrote:This is why I recommended starting your post titles with the closing tag.
I know, but I have a problem with that... at some point, we have to put our feet down and say enough is enough, we are not going to inconvenience ourselves any more just because the platform has been abandoned by its owners.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun May 01, 2011 1:49 pm

Thanks. Now I realize why Uppili or other handles are being replaced with yeetee. But, there is no other way but to stick in the closing tags at the beginning of the header to keep the thread alive.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 01, 2011 1:52 pm

artood2, i don't know who you are, but i am rather convinced that yeetee is AS. this stupid upplili keeps insinuating that yeetee is QB (and it suits AS).

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Sun May 01, 2011 2:00 pm

charvaka wrote:
artood2 wrote:If you see a problem anywhere do a "view source" on the page. This feature is provided by most browsers.
I know, that's how I figured out a few years ago that this bug existed. I had forgotten about that, and quite stupidly wondered out loud what had happened to a thread that died. And Sasthi then looked at the source and figured it out.

artood2 wrote:This is why I recommended starting your post titles with the closing tag.
I know, but I have a problem with that... at some point, we have to put our feet down and say enough is enough, we are not going to inconvenience ourselves any more just because the platform has been abandoned by its owners.

I am sure smart folks like you will figure it out. You have a lot of good web programmers here and a lot of smart IIT folks so you can figure it out if you are motivated enought to do so. Sasth is "inconsiderate/common sense" dumb not dumb dumb. All of this is lot of inconvenience and not having this problem is the best possible solution. If you still post on CH and are able to converse even a psycho like yeetee may give up. yeetee will need to work very hard to make life tough and may give up. but then some psychos never give up.

artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Sun May 01, 2011 2:04 pm

artood2 wrote:If you still post on CH and are able to converse even a psycho like yeetee may give up. yeetee will need to work very hard to make life tough and may give up. but then some psychos never give up.
Yeah, that's the problem. One psycho may give up. But to mix metaphors, there is a sword hanging on every thread at CH. And it will continue to be so until they fix the bug.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Sun May 01, 2011 2:06 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:Thanks. Now I realize why Uppili or other handles are being replaced with yeetee. But, there is no other way but to stick in the closing tags at the beginning of the header to keep the thread alive.

Uppili saar, I would have told you if I had figured it out. Web programming is not my strength and I have to figure things out through trial and error. I have described my understanding of the problem here. This is probably a better forum and may be you are better off here.

Last edited by artood2 on Sun May 01, 2011 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Sun May 01, 2011 2:09 pm

charvaka wrote:
artood2 wrote:If you still post on CH and are able to converse even a psycho like yeetee may give up. yeetee will need to work very hard to make life tough and may give up. but then some psychos never give up.
Yeah, that's the problem. One psycho may give up. But to mix metaphors, there is a sword hanging on every thread at CH. And it will continue to be so until they fix the bug.

Very true. Fixing the bug is best. I am probably done messing around with html tags. Enjoy the ride.
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun May 01, 2011 2:20 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:artood2, i don't know who you are, but i am rather convinced that yeetee is AS. this stupid upplili keeps insinuating that yeetee is QB (and it suits AS).

I also agree with uppili that yeetee is QB and not AS. why would AS - QB's avowed enemy - kill Uppili's posts?

Does not make sense.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon May 02, 2011 1:25 am

Did anyone notice the registrant # 23?

Is it a bad omen?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Mon May 02, 2011 1:27 am

You should just invite, not try to convince. People who miss will come. just my 2 cents.
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Mon May 02, 2011 1:27 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:Did anyone notice the registrant # 23?

Is it a bad omen?

TW got it
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Mon May 02, 2011 1:32 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:Did anyone notice the registrant # 23?

Is it a bad omen?

Nah. This was TW's pre-emptive land grab.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon May 02, 2011 11:08 am

Reports of the (original) CH demise have been greatly exaggerated. But as more of us start posting here, the slow decay will continue.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 02, 2011 11:09 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
Nah. This was TW's pre-emptive land grab.

LOL. Still feeling so Twisted Evil about it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 02, 2011 2:04 pm

charvaka wrote:Here is what I think. As far as Satya is concerned, he has already shut the site down. You see, he doesn't spend any more resources looking after the site; it is just there, and it will take some resources to shut it down! Imagine you have an extra house that you have turned into a community hall for your local community. Many years ago, dogs and burglars started attacking the local people who went to use the community hall for its designated purpose. You did nothing, because you had other priorities. Now, it will take you some effort to demolish the house or forcibly evacuate the thugs who have taken it over. You just let it rot in disrepair, because that is the cheapest and easiest thing to do.

you are right. i had not realized this. it will take them "effort" to disconnect CH and that "effort" is dissuading them from killing it. there are so many cross-posts and cross-links and then the archives. if it could have been done by the stroke of a button, they would have done it by now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon May 02, 2011 7:13 pm

Looking at the frequency of CH hickups and fixups, CH may face an even swifter death and e-burial than Osama.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Tue May 03, 2011 12:58 am

CH is showing us all its various possible visual states. Right now, the main page is in a state I have never seen it in before. Sad.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next