Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rashmun, what do you think about what this Gujarati Hindu says?

2 posters

Go down

Rashmun, what do you think about what this Gujarati Hindu says? Empty Rashmun, what do you think about what this Gujarati Hindu says?

Post by Rishi Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:28 pm

kdp
5 hours ago

Culture of having same language, food, clothes and to some extent social customs is stronger force (than religion) to make friends or social get together among people. Here in the USA except for religion we being Gujarati Hindus have more in common with Pakistani Bohra and Aghankhani muslims than South Indian Hindus with whom we do not have much in common other than religion that too in name only because Hindus do not follow one set of rituals (worship, weddings, festivals etc)

http://www.dawn.com/news/1092218/the-indian-within

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Rashmun, what do you think about what this Gujarati Hindu says? Empty Re: Rashmun, what do you think about what this Gujarati Hindu says?

Post by Rishi Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:51 pm

>>>I hope Modi himself does not say that one day about SIs.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Rashmun, what do you think about what this Gujarati Hindu says? Empty Re: Rashmun, what do you think about what this Gujarati Hindu says?

Post by Guest Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:53 pm

Rishi wrote:kdp
5 hours ago

Culture of having same language, food, clothes and to some extent social customs is stronger force (than religion) to make friends or social get together among people. Here in the USA except for religion we being Gujarati Hindus have more in common with Pakistani Bohra and Aghankhani muslims than South Indian Hindus with whom we do not have much in common other than religion that too in name only because Hindus do not follow one set of rituals (worship, weddings, festivals etc)

http://www.dawn.com/news/1092218/the-indian-within

Gujarat is a very peculiar state from what I know. To begin with most Gujarati Hindus ( excluding I think low caste hindus and tribals) are vegetarians. I recall reading a quote of Narendra Modi where he says that non-vegetarians think differently and are inherently different from vegetarians. This vegetarianism immediately separates the Gujarati Hindu from the Gujarati Muslim. On the other hand the common language, Gujarati, naturally acts as a culturally binding force for all Gujaratis.

I also believe that as of today the average Hindu in Gujarat is significantly more communal than the average non-Gujarati Indian.

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:50 pm

Rashmun wrote:

also believe that as of today the average Hindu in Gujarat is significantly more communal than the average non-Gujarati Indian.
Ridiculous statement!
BTW what exactly does being communal mean ?

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down