Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obama speech on Debt crisis - good but then what?

3 posters

Go down

Obama speech on Debt crisis - good but then what? Empty Obama speech on Debt crisis - good but then what?

Post by truthbetold Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:01 pm

Obama explained the issue well. He was ok with solution. I like the fact that he is pushing taxes on wealthy.

Good.

Now what?

Repubs are extending the crisis beyond 11th hour.

Can Obama find some tool to extend debt limit just to make repubs puke? I thought he will assure the nation that he will find a way to avoid default.

The speeches, with no compromise in sight, may actually disturb the calmness of financial markets.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Obama speech on Debt crisis - good but then what? Empty Re: Obama speech on Debt crisis - good but then what?

Post by Kris Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:25 pm

I think taking the issue to the people was right and will have the desired effect. It will get the opponents off the dime. I am optimistic now.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Obama speech on Debt crisis - good but then what? Empty Re: Obama speech on Debt crisis - good but then what?

Post by charvaka Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:28 pm

Excellent speech. Loved how he started with 2000 and the surpluses that Bush and the GOP squandered.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:38 pm

If you haven't watched the speech, please do. It's not often that a president has to invoke Jefferson and Lincoln in a mundane matter that his predecessor signed 7 times in his tenure.

charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down