Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good discussion on Narendra Modi on an Australian TV channel

+2
Rishi
Propagandhi711
6 posters

Go down

A good discussion on Narendra Modi on an Australian TV channel Empty A good discussion on Narendra Modi on an Australian TV channel

Post by Guest Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:18 am

Back to top Go down

A good discussion on Narendra Modi on an Australian TV channel Empty Re: A good discussion on Narendra Modi on an Australian TV channel

Post by Propagandhi711 Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:42 am

you should call in too, douchemun and offer your opinions

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

A good discussion on Narendra Modi on an Australian TV channel Empty Re: A good discussion on Narendra Modi on an Australian TV channel

Post by Guest Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:00 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:you should call in too, douchemun and offer your opinions

Child of Grace, this is not a show where viewers are calling in to offer their opinions. It is a panel discussion on Narendra Modi.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:24 am

>>>This is exactly the problem with Indians. These clowns go all the way to Australia and then try their best to impress whites there.

First of all, why on earth these morons discuss at a foreign venue what is going on in India?

Why this need for approval from whites?

Do you see any group of people from mainland China go to a foreign country and argue and discuss about Chinese politics with whites in front of a non-Chinese audience ?

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:25 am

>>>Australian whites committed genocide agaiant aborigines.

Indians do not need a lecture from them on human rights.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:34 am

>>>Why is that Indians run to whites to solve India's problems?

We might as well ask the British to return to India as rulers.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:41 pm

Rishi wrote:>>>Why is that Indians run to whites to solve India's problems?

We might as well ask the British to return to India as rulers.

reminds me of dialogue in a tamil movie... when a bunch of people capture 2 people and beat the crap out of one of them. When the victim asks the gang why they were only beating him, the gang says the other guy was fair skinned and those with fair skin could not have committed the crime.

Although it is sarcastic it reflects the (subconscious) mindset of the Desis.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:23 pm

>>> Was this in a show sponsored by or related to an indo/Australian friendship society of some sort? I am surmising this since it doesn't seem like a topic that would be of interest to the general Australian public. Also, the heavyset guy on the right seems out of his depth in terms of the subject. His comment about the 'train' incident 3 years ago was quite strange. Wonder who the other panel members were?

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:32 pm

Kris wrote:>>> Was this in a show sponsored by or related to an indo/Australian friendship society of some sort? I am surmising this since it doesn't seem like a topic that would be of interest to the general Australian public. Also, the heavyset guy on the right seems out of his depth in terms of the subject. His comment about the 'train' incident 3 years ago was quite strange. Wonder who the other panel members were?

From left to right: Karan Thapar, Shashi Tharoor, some female whose name I don't know, host of the show, Shoma Chaudhry, Swapan Dasgupta and I think the guy on the extreme right is former Australian cricketer Stuart MacGill.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:36 pm

Rashmun wrote:
Kris wrote:>>> Was this in a show sponsored by or related to an indo/Australian friendship society of some sort? I am surmising this since it doesn't seem like a topic that would be of interest to the general Australian public. Also, the heavyset guy on the right seems out of his depth in terms of the subject. His comment about the 'train' incident 3 years ago was quite strange. Wonder who the other panel members were?

From left to right: Karan Thapar, Shashi Tharoor, some female whose name I don't know, host of the show, Shoma Chaudhry, Swapan Dasgupta and I think the guy on the extreme right is former Australian cricketer Stuart MacGill.

>>>I recognized thapar and tharoor, but didn't know the rest.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:49 pm

stuart macgill (macgilla) has indeed put on a lot of weight. aside: this guy is an incredible leg spinner whose career never flourished as well as it should have because he happened to be playing for the same team as the greatest leg spinner in the history of the bloody game.

anyway, i think his point is still valid. i don't know aussie politics too well, but i think their current PM tony abott is a conservative politician. i think the comparison with modi ends there. to compare abbott with a mass murderer is not very fair was macgill's point, and i think a valid one.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:54 pm

stuart macgill in his pomp:

i always liked him.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:44 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
anyway, i think his point is still valid. i don't know aussie politics too well, but i think their current PM tony abott is a conservative politician. i think the comparison with modi ends there. to compare abbott with a mass murderer is not very fair was macgill's point, and i think a valid one.

They had a political bloodbath on immigration issue a couple of years ago.

Since you consider Modi a mass murderer (perhaps convicted by the Court of Max), do you consider Rajiv Gandhi a murderer?

YES or NO?

P.S. Soma Chaudhury is the famous bimbo at tehelka who supported Tejpal and tried to save him in the initial days. So they have 3 anti-Modi people and one westernized pro-BJP Swapan das Gupta. Well balanced panel...I must say...Razz

I would guess that Thapar talked 80% of the time and interfering the others 10% of thetime.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:09 pm

Rishi wrote:>>>This is exactly the problem with Indians. These clowns go all the way to Australia and then try their best to impress whites there.

First of all, why on earth these morons discuss at a foreign venue what is going on in India?

Do you see any group of people from mainland China go to a foreign country and argue and discuss about Chinese politics with whites in front of a non-Chinese audience ?

The panel discussion had taken place in India and not in Australia. The Aussies were the ones who had come to India. This is the link to the complete discussion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:18 pm

Rashmun wrote:
Rishi wrote:>>>This is exactly the problem with Indians. These clowns go all the way to Australia and then try their best to impress whites there.

The panel discussion had taken place in India and not in Australia. The Aussies were the ones who had come to India. This is the link to the complete discussion.

>>>Then again why on earth these clowns who arranged the debate invite whites to pontificate and lecture Indians how they should run their country and whom they should elect?

Another thing. Indian audience behave in a civilized manner when there are whites among the panel members.

But when the panel is completely Indian, all hell breaks loose.

Watch what happened to BJP-Congress-AAP debate that took place in Bangalore two days ago.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:37 pm

Watch what happened to BJP-Congress-AAP debate that took place in Bangalore two days ago.
>> [size=13.333333969116211]That should have been interesting, Can you send me the link ?[/size]

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:34 pm

rawemotions wrote:Watch what happened to BJP-Congress-AAP debate that took place in Bangalore two days ago.
>> That should have been interesting, Can you send me the link ?

http://www.ndtv.com/video/player/news/is-india-not-ready-for-public-political-debates/315215?hp

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:53 pm

Rishi wrote:
rawemotions wrote:Watch what happened to BJP-Congress-AAP debate that took place in Bangalore two days ago.

http://www.ndtv.com/video/player/news/is-india-not-ready-for-public-political-debates/315215?hp

>>>I will vote for Ms. Ruth Manorama the JD(s) candidate.

She is the only one who is talking about safety and rights of women.

AAP candidate is also articulate and speaks intelligently.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:59 pm

Rawemotions,

It was Congress supporters who disrupted the debate.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:24 pm

I pointedly do not want go to  NDTV site. But will make an exception this time.
Any visit to their site OR reading alleged troublemakers like Aakar's articles help them get revenue.

Actually MP's have very little role in Urban Development at a constituency level.
The problem is that none of these MP's have any power, unless their party is in Power.
Even if their party is in power,  they have to be close to power centre (PM/HM etc..) to do any development.

Nandan's points are disappointing,
- Rain Water Harvesting is already  mandatory in most cities in India. 
- Water Dams was a good point. 
  But this can be done by the MLA with state funds. MP need not do this. 
  Nandan & Congress can learn a thing or two about Check Dams from Modi, Modi has the built the maximum in India.[/size]

- He talks of getting funds for a city from Centre, by making a collection of Urban MP's. (Now Rural MP's will crib)
   That is not going to be easy to legislate at the planning commission level.
   PC gives it to states, and state CM's decide allocation. So am not sure what he is talking about here.

- he talks of corruption, but what did his party do about Corruption at the centre ?

- How will Nandan being an MP create 10 Crore Jobs. Is he a PM ? He seems to think that if Congress Wins, 
   he will be a central minister handling economy ?

One thing I must say, Nilekani has learnt fast, when Ananth Kumar started criticizing the last 10 years of 
Congress Rule, he was shouted down by Congress supporters and the whole debate stopped.

This is a Parliament election it is NOT a local MLA election.
So Nilekani is wrong when he says people should NOT talk of national issues
MP elections includes every issue. If people cannot talk of Price Rise, Corruption & security 
in a MP's election, where else are they supposed to talk ?

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:30 pm

Rishi wrote:
Rishi wrote:

>>>I will vote for Ms. Ruth Manorama the JD(s) candidate.

She is the only one who is talking about safety and rights of women.

AAP candidate is also articulate and speaks intelligently.
If wishes were words. Is Ruth Manorama going to go and provide safety. 
It is Police and administration which has to take care, w[size=13.333333015441895]hich is now under Congress party.[/size]

Talking generally means nothing!

All she gets is MPLAD funds and time in Parliament to talk and ask questions. If she is in Opposition, her words are wasted.

What is needed is an ability to understand administration and legalese and come up with concrete improvements to
existing laws to improve security. For example BPO's have night shifts, we can put in some place restrictions and regulations
on how women work at night, and how they are ferried. Sadly none of the candidates have done that.

For general safety in the roads, fear of law is the only deterrent and their the local administration comes into play
with patrol officers, in camouflaged uniforms and security around Colleges etc..

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down