Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chidambaram: I am ashamed that a person like Narendra Modi aspires to be PM

4 posters

Go down

Chidambaram: I am ashamed that a person like Narendra Modi aspires to be PM Empty Chidambaram: I am ashamed that a person like Narendra Modi aspires to be PM

Post by Guest Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:46 am

Taking on the Gujarat chief minister, Chidambaram said Modi had “deep character flaws”. “He cannot resist such derogatory remarks and perverse characterisation…I am ashamed such a person aspires to be PM and the party (BJP) that doesn’t point out these flaws to him,” he said, referring to Modi’s remarks on Congress president Sonia Gandhi and the Italian marines.

He also pointed towards instances of “perverse characterization” by Modi, including of a former Chief Election Commissioner by calling him “James Michael Lyngdoh” in election meetings apparently referring to his religion. “Referring to people practising a certain faith, he had said ‘ham panch, hamare pachis (we five, our 25)’. When he referred to the Congress president sometime back, he said ‘das numbari’,” Chidambaram said....

He also said it was wrong to say Modi had been given a “clean chit” on the Gujarat riots since the SIT report has been challenged in a higher court and the “final word” has not been said. He also said the SIT had a “limited mandate”.

Dismissing suggestions that corporates were unhappy with the Congress and were veering towards the BJP, the finance minister said, “Corporates have no problem with us. Businesses are comfortable with the UPA and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh…But a section of big business is extremely comfortable with Mr Modi because his brand of capitalism is crony capitalism.”

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/politics/modi-has-deep-flaws-in-his-character-chidambaram/99/

Back to top Go down

Chidambaram: I am ashamed that a person like Narendra Modi aspires to be PM Empty Re: Chidambaram: I am ashamed that a person like Narendra Modi aspires to be PM

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:38 am

Chidambaram is suffering from the same disease that all CONartists suffer from. If he is realistic, he will stop this nonsense against Modi and start seeing the shit in the CONcamp. He should first wonder how he was "elected", what his role was in 2-G scam, what MMS's role was in coal-scam, what Dickshit's role was in CWG scam, and what MT's role was in all CONscams. If CONmen have become unelectable, it is their own fault. They should clean the shit within.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Chidambaram: I am ashamed that a person like Narendra Modi aspires to be PM Empty Re: Chidambaram: I am ashamed that a person like Narendra Modi aspires to be PM

Post by Seva Lamberdar Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:53 am

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:Chidambaram is suffering from the same disease that all CONartists suffer from.

Unlike Modi, he has no choice to aspire to become the P.M himself ... he is stuck in supporting his party-president's son for that job.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:39 am

Rashmun wrote:Taking on the Gujarat chief minister, Chidambaram said Modi had “deep character flaws”. “He cannot resist such derogatory remarks and perverse characterisation…I am ashamed such a person aspires to be PM and the party (BJP) that doesn’t point out these flaws to him,” he said, referring to Modi’s remarks on Congress president Sonia Gandhi and the Italian marines.

He also pointed towards instances of “perverse characterization” by Modi, including of a former Chief Election Commissioner by calling him “James Michael Lyngdoh” in election meetings apparently referring to his religion. “Referring to people practising a certain faith, he had said ‘ham panch, hamare pachis (we five, our 25)’. When he referred to the Congress president sometime back, he said ‘das numbari’,” Chidambaram said....

He also said it was wrong to say Modi had been given a “clean chit” on the Gujarat riots since the SIT report has been challenged in a higher court and the “final word” has not been said. He also said the SIT had a “limited mandate”.

Dismissing suggestions that corporates were unhappy with the Congress and were veering towards the BJP, the finance minister said, “Corporates have no problem with us. Businesses are comfortable with the UPA and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh…But a section of big business is extremely comfortable with Mr Modi because his brand of capitalism is crony capitalism.”

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/politics/modi-has-deep-flaws-in-his-character-chidambaram/99/

I guess he's making a distinction between the kind of license raj corruption his party practised to what he thinks modi might practise? made me LOL

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:50 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Rashmun wrote:Taking on the Gujarat chief minister, Chidambaram said Modi had “deep character flaws”. “He cannot resist such derogatory remarks and perverse characterisation…I am ashamed such a person aspires to be PM and the party (BJP) that doesn’t point out these flaws to him,” he said, referring to Modi’s remarks on Congress president Sonia Gandhi and the Italian marines.

Dismissing suggestions that corporates were unhappy with the Congress and were veering towards the BJP, the finance minister said, “Corporates have no problem with us. Businesses are comfortable with the UPA and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh…But a section of big business is extremely comfortable with Mr Modi because his brand of capitalism is crony capitalism .”

I guess he's making a distinction between the kind of license raj corruption his party practised to what he thinks modi might practise? made me LOL

Though such comparisons are never perfect given the different businesses, all experts Outlook spoke to agreed that Adani’s sheer growth rate overshadows any comparable infrastructure firm in the country. “What is in his companies that gives him such a success rate,” asks a senior infrastructure consultant (who has not worked with the Adanis), adding that “there is logically no answer, so it has to be something beyond that”. Adds a retired IAS officer from the Gujarat cadre, “Adani is blessed because he gets more permissions, and the things he does with those permissions are not taken note of.”

Adding fuel to the relationship between Modi and Adani is the fact that the two have openly reached out to the other in the past. For instance, it was Adani’s decision to cancel the sponsorship of a Wharton India Economic Forum event last year after it dropped a live video address by Modi. Or in arranging a special air-conditioned tent on the university grounds when Modi staged a dharna in Ahmedabad over the Narmada water issue. At last year’s Vibrant Gujarat function, Gautam Adani was the only businessman (apart from Anil Ambani) who made a clear pitch for Modi, saying that he hoped “Modi would migrate northwards (read Delhi)”. In an earlier Vibrant Gujarat, surrounded by the Tatas and Ambanis, it was Adani who got to sit next to Modi. More recently, when Modi attacked former environment minister Jayanthi Natarajan, most agreed he was batting for the environment concerns Adani’s Mundra port was facing....

In fact, given Gujarat’s penchant for big business, some might ask why Adani alone is being targeted. The short answer is that Adani is the only big businessman in Gujarat who has made his billions after Modi came to power. His turnover has grown 12-fold in the years under Modi’s reg­ime to Rs 35,881 crore. Over the past 10 years, the Adani group’s listed firms have shown staggering compounded annual growth of 21.7 per cent in sales and, even better, 37.1 per cent in profit after tax. “For a first-generation company, its growth is frankly quite astounding,” says somebody who has closely tracked the group as an analyst.

http://www.outlookindia.com/printarticle.aspx?289708

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:58 am

Rashmun wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

Dismissing suggestions that corporates were unhappy with the Congress and were veering towards the BJP, the finance minister said, “Corporates have no problem with us. Businesses are comfortable with the UPA and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh…But a section of big business is extremely comfortable with Mr Modi because his brand of capitalism is crony capitalism .”

Though such comparisons are never perfect given the different businesses, all experts Outlook spoke to agreed that Adani’s sheer growth rate overshadows any comparable infrastructure firm in the country. “What is in his companies that gives him such a success rate,” asks a senior infrastructure consultant (who has not worked with the Adanis), adding that “there is logically no answer, so it has to be something beyond that”. Adds a retired IAS officer from the Gujarat cadre, “Adani is blessed because he gets more permissions, and the things he does with those permissions are not taken note of.”

Adding fuel to the relationship between Modi and Adani is the fact that the two have openly reached out to the other in the past. For instance, it was Adani’s decision to cancel the sponsorship of a Wharton India Economic Forum event last year after it dropped a live video address by Modi. Or in arranging a special air-conditioned tent on the university grounds when Modi staged a dharna in Ahmedabad over the Narmada water issue. At last year’s Vibrant Gujarat function, Gautam Adani was the only businessman (apart from Anil Ambani) who made a clear pitch for Modi, saying that he hoped “Modi would migrate northwards (read Delhi)”. In an earlier Vibrant Gujarat, surrounded by the Tatas and Ambanis, it was Adani who got to sit next to Modi. More recently, when Modi attacked former environment minister Jayanthi Natarajan, most agreed he was batting for the environment concerns Adani’s Mundra port was facing....

In fact, given Gujarat’s penchant for big business, some might ask why Adani alone is being targeted. The short answer is that Adani is the only big businessman in Gujarat who has made his billions after Modi came to power. His turnover has grown 12-fold in the years under Modi’s reg­ime to Rs 35,881 crore. Over the past 10 years, the Adani group’s listed firms have shown staggering compounded annual growth of 21.7 per cent in sales and, even better, 37.1 per cent in profit after tax. “For a first-generation company, its growth is frankly quite astounding,” says somebody who has closely tracked the group as an analyst.

silly article from the leftwing congress mouthpiece rag with nothing more in proof than "astounding growth rate". here's an exercise for you: take a look at how adani group grew from 1991 to 2001

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:36 am

Rashmun wrote:In fact, given Gujarat’s penchant for big business, some might ask why Adani alone is being targeted. The short answer is that Adani is the only big businessman in Gujarat who has made his billions after Modi came to power. His turnover has grown 12-fold in the years under Modi’s reg­ime to Rs 35,881 crore. Over the past 10 years, the Adani group’s listed firms have shown staggering compounded annual growth of 21.7 per cent in sales and, even better, 37.1 per cent in profit after tax. “For a first-generation company, its growth is frankly quite astounding,” says somebody who has closely tracked the group as an analyst.

And do these 'experts' have anything to say about the growth of Dhirubhai and Jagan's businesses that happened during Congress regimes?

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down