Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

P. Chidambaram vs Narendra Modi

2 posters

Go down

P. Chidambaram vs Narendra Modi Empty P. Chidambaram vs Narendra Modi

Post by Guest Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:12 pm

In my opinion the Congress should declare Chidambaram as their prime ministerial candidate for 2014. He is one man who can take on Modi effectively. Also, I don't buy this 'spiki no Hindi' argument. Jinnah had very poor knowledge and command over Urdu and yet he was able to win over a large section of Muslims.

Back to top Go down

P. Chidambaram vs Narendra Modi Empty Re: P. Chidambaram vs Narendra Modi

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:15 pm

Rashmun wrote:In my opinion the Congress should declare Chidambaram as their prime ministerial candidate for 2014. He is one man who can take on Modi effectively. Also, I don't buy this 'spiki no Hindi' argument. Jinnah had very poor knowledge and command over Urdu and yet he was able to win over a large section of Muslims.

Geez.... please learn something PC.

The guy cannot win an election from any constituency even in TN on his own. Oh...may be he is the ideal replacement for the present PM who has never been elected.

PC is an arrogant guy with tons of allegations on his son.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:19 pm

You are comparing apples to oranges.

The times are different.

Jinnah was thought to be savior by Muslims. The illiterate Muslim did not care whether Jinnah knew Urdu or not. They supported him because he was going to fight with Hindus and Britishers to get them their Pakistan. That is the only thing which mattered to them.

Talking about Hindi, remember Deva Gowda and Abdul Kalam had to promise Mulayam that they will learn Hindi in six months.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:19 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Rashmun wrote:In my opinion the Congress should declare Chidambaram as their prime ministerial candidate for 2014. He is one man who can take on Modi effectively. Also, I don't buy this 'spiki no Hindi' argument. Jinnah had very poor knowledge and command over Urdu and yet he was able to win over a large section of Muslims.

Geez.... please learn something PC.

The guy cannot win an election from any constituency even in TN on his own. Oh...may be he is the ideal replacement for the present PM who has never been elected.

PC is an arrogant guy with tons of allegations on his son.

PC might be arrogant but so is Modi. Sonia should make it clear to PC that no leniency will be shown to his son if he does any wrong.

It is ironical that I am supporting Chidambaram and your pick is Modi.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:21 pm

Rishi wrote:You are comparing apples to oranges.

The times are different.

Jinnah was thought to be savior by Muslims. The illiterate Muslim did not care whether Jinnah knew Urdu or not. They supported him because he was going to fight with Hindus and Britishers to get them their Pakistan. That is the only thing which mattered to them.

Talking about Hindi, remember Deva Gowda and Abdul Kalam had to promise Mulayam that they will learn Hindi in six months.

Chidambaram knows Hindi. He has even spoken in bhojpuri (Hindi dialect) in parliament.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/India-news/NewDelhi/Chidambaram-s-Bhojpuri-pitch-floors-Lok-Sabha/Article1-857179.aspx

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:25 pm

Rashmun wrote:

The times are different.

Chidambaram knows Hindi. He has even spoken in bhojpuri (Hindi dialect) in parliament.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/India-news/NewDelhi/Chidambaram-s-Bhojpuri-pitch-floors-Lok-Sabha/Article1-857179.aspx

“Hum rauwa sabke bhavna samjhatani” (I understand the sentiments of all), said Chidambaram — reading out the sentence in Bhojpuri that had been written in the roman script by fellow Congress member Sanjay Nirupam

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:43 pm

Rishi wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

The times are different.

“Hum rauwa sabke bhavna samjhatani” (I understand the sentiments of all), said Chidambaram — reading out the sentence in Bhojpuri that had been written in the roman script by fellow Congress member Sanjay Nirupam

Even sonia reads out speeches written in roman script. My point is that his Hindi is good enough. It is at least as good as the Hindi of sonia gandhi.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down