Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Congratulations to Modi and BJP supporters

+12
Ponniyin Selvan
Maria S
Propagandhi711
b_A
MaxEntropy_Man
Merlot Daruwala
Idéfix
Kris
confuzzled dude
truthbetold
Hellsangel
southindian
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Congratulations to Modi and BJP supporters Empty Congratulations to Modi and BJP supporters

Post by Idéfix Thu May 15, 2014 11:30 pm

Looks like the NDA will cross 300 seats. Congratulations to Modi supporters on a bigger than expected win. I hope Modi delivers on his development promises and keeps the extreme fringes of his alliance under control.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Congratulations to Modi and BJP supporters Empty Re: Congratulations to Modi and BJP supporters

Post by Hellsangel Thu May 15, 2014 11:31 pm

Damn you Pacific Time Zoners!
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Congratulations to Modi and BJP supporters Empty Re: Congratulations to Modi and BJP supporters

Post by Idéfix Thu May 15, 2014 11:32 pm

While I am nervous about the choice the Indian people have made, I do feel happy that Rahul Gandhi looks like he will lose his seat.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Thu May 15, 2014 11:35 pm

Wow..complete wipeout of Congress..looks like they may not even cross the 75 seat mark! This probably marks the end of the dynasty.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu May 15, 2014 11:37 pm

And that is with allies. If this doesn't mark the end of the dynasty, Congress deserves to die.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Thu May 15, 2014 11:38 pm

Yup. Amen to the dynasty wipeout.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu May 15, 2014 11:41 pm

BJP alliance looks set to get more seats in Tamil Nadu than DMK. And it looks like KCR will be CM.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu May 15, 2014 11:45 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:Wow..complete wipeout of Congress..looks like they may not even cross the 75 seat mark! This probably marks the end of the dynasty.

Stupid sycophants. Now calling out for d after s failed.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu May 15, 2014 11:46 pm

NDTV shows a small Congress crowd chanting Waqt ki pukar Pryanka Gandhi zindabad. Excellent demonstration of why this party deserves fewer seats than it is getting.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Thu May 15, 2014 11:48 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:Wow..complete wipeout of Congress..looks like they may not even cross the 75 seat mark! This probably marks the end of the dynasty.

Stupid sycophants. Now calling out for d after s failed.

And what an epic personal fail! He's trailing in Amethi, behind Smriti Irani!!
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Thu May 15, 2014 11:50 pm

Dynasty is not all one sided. It is easy for secondary political leaders to create a center of attraction to pull votes using government subsidies. Original Indira dynasty was replaced by a more utilitarian Sonia dynasty. While dynasty gets a party to slavishly support it, partymen do not have to do the hardwork of winning people over. They can do their corrupt activities but proclaim undying loyalty to madam to get tickets.
the current Congress party leaders do not have the backbone to dump dynasty and work on their own.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Thu May 15, 2014 11:52 pm

Woo hoo! Sensex up 1145 points...I'm so happy I held on even after that insane rally earlier this week...portfolio looks so good, I could cry Smile
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri May 16, 2014 12:00 am

Idéfix wrote:While I am nervous about the choice the Indian people have made, I do feel happy that Rahul Gandhi looks like he will lose his seat.
He is leading now.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Fri May 16, 2014 12:01 am

Idéfix wrote:Looks like the NDA will cross 300 seats. Congratulations to Modi supporters on a bigger than expected win. I hope Modi delivers on his development promises and keeps the extreme fringes of his alliance under control.

>>>Congress needs to do some introspection if it wants to be a meaningful force in the future. This overwhelming wipeout should tell the cadre they were not even close on their plank. For starters they need to outgrow The Family and the habit of reflexively looking to it for leadership. Secondly, the average man on the street needs to know there is hope and economic potential for him. Abstract ideas like "secularism", whatever the arguments for and against them may be, remain abstract and take a backseat to more immediate concerns. I hope Modi delivers, but even if he doesn't there may be a silver lining here in that the country may get used to the idea that other people can be leaders.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Fri May 16, 2014 12:04 am

truthbetold wrote:

Dynasty is not all one sided. It is easy for secondary political leaders to create a center of attraction to pull votes using government subsidies. Original Indira dynasty was replaced by a more utilitarian Sonia dynasty. While dynasty gets a party to slavishly support it,  partymen do not have to do the hardwork of winning people over. They can do their corrupt activities but proclaim undying loyalty to madam to get tickets.
the current Congress party leaders do not have the backbone to dump dynasty and work on their own.

That's not how it works. A political party does not work on the partnership model. Typically, political parties coalesce around a charismatic leader with a national appeal. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any alternative, non-family figure on the horizon in the Congress...
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri May 16, 2014 12:17 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
Idéfix wrote:While I am nervous about the choice the Indian people have made, I do feel happy that Rahul Gandhi looks like he will lose his seat.
He is leading now.
Looks like this will be a close race. He is ahead by just 1,666 votes now.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Fri May 16, 2014 12:17 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:Woo hoo! Sensex up 1145 points...I'm so happy I held on even after that insane rally earlier this week...portfolio looks so good, I could cry Smile

This might well be the start of a long bull market in India. If that happens, this would be the first bull cycle in which I'm nicely invested right at the bottom.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri May 16, 2014 12:17 am

And BJP looks tantalisingly close to getting a majority on its own. 271 leads right now. And a vote share of over 35%, a clear 10 point margin on Congress.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri May 16, 2014 12:35 am

BJP looks set to get a majority on its own... A first since 1984. And it gets many more votes than Congress for the first time in its history. Even in 1998 and 1999 BJP did not have a big vote share margin on Congress. The people of India have given Modi a decisive mandate. Particularly in the cow belt and the west.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Fri May 16, 2014 1:13 am

All the calculations (and ambitions) of folks like Amma, Didi, Maya, etc lie in ruins.

I'll be happiest if NCP gets wiped out, and the CBI starts a raft of investigations into their shenanigans.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri May 16, 2014 6:34 am

Kris wrote:
Idéfix wrote:Looks like the NDA will cross 300 seats. Congratulations to Modi supporters on a bigger than expected win. I hope Modi delivers on his development promises and keeps the extreme fringes of his alliance under control.

>>>Congress needs to do some introspection if it wants to be a meaningful force in the future. This overwhelming wipeout should tell the cadre they were not even close on their plank. For starters they need to outgrow The Family and the habit of reflexively looking to it for leadership. Secondly, the average man on the street needs to know there is hope and economic potential for him. Abstract ideas like "secularism", whatever the arguments for and against them may be, remain abstract and take a backseat to more immediate concerns. I hope Modi delivers, but even if he doesn't there may be a silver lining here in that the country may get used to the idea that other people can be leaders.

secularism is the reason india has so far been in india and pakistan, pakistan. secularism is a fundamental but not sufficient ingredient to economic growth in a diverse country like india. i am surprised an enlightened, worldly wise person like yourself would say it's abstract. it's a different matter that congress hasn't delivered on economic growth. my hope too is for the dynasty to fade away but for a new strong opposition to take root in india. whether it is a chastened congress or a more savvy kejriwal remains to be seen. meanwhile one can only hope that the RSS doesn't become the defacto ruling party.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Fri May 16, 2014 7:02 am

Idéfix wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
He is leading now.
Looks like this will be a close race. He is ahead by just 1,666 votes now.

If Rahul just scraped by in Amethi , it means even Priyanka has failed . She just concentrated and campaigned extensively in just one constituency - Amethi which is a family bastion and has Mulayam's tacit support. But don't tell that to the dynasty supporters. They need to see a light at the end of the abyss even if it's an illusion.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri May 16, 2014 7:07 am

http://www.aninews.in/videogallery2/23492-jayalalitha-thanks-tn-people-to-make-aiadmk-third-largest-in-parliament.html

looks like fatty made good on all her bluster. anyway, it's good the BJP and the congress still don't have a prayer of doing anything on their own in TN.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri May 16, 2014 7:48 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:http://www.aninews.in/videogallery2/23492-jayalalitha-thanks-tn-people-to-make-aiadmk-third-largest-in-parliament.html

looks like fatty made good on all her bluster. anyway, it's good the BJP and the congress still don't have a prayer of doing anything on their own in TN.
Only until Mommy! has a massive cardiac arrest.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri May 16, 2014 7:52 am

Hellsangel wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:http://www.aninews.in/videogallery2/23492-jayalalitha-thanks-tn-people-to-make-aiadmk-third-largest-in-parliament.html

or modiji further consolidates power and gets fatty's high court case moving

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri May 16, 2014 8:20 am

The day after..

With the huge shift of power..have mixed feelings..have friends who are very happy, jubilant and hopeful! And I also have relatives and friends who are anxious and worried (not hard to guess that these people are mostly religious minorities)..whether their anxieties are warranted or not..I have never seen such anxieties before and they are real.

*In Tamil Nadu..kudos to Thalaivi Jayalalitha..this is how "absolute power" looks like..whatever it took..her "one-woman super show"..was so effective- winning in such an impressive way. 

I still like Stalin..inspite of the huge beating- defeat for the DMK..he has the potential to be a great leader- with his moderate and measured ways..hope he somehow manages the wreckage, and builds the old party..slowly and steadily (hope his father retires quickly, otherwise..there is no hope for him!)

It is what it is..

I hope the fears don't come true..with endless political witch hunts, revenge investigations..going after people with vendettas.

And I hope for the best for the homeland I care about, and wish for some peace and harmonious coexistence, in spite of all our internal differences. 
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponniyin Selvan Fri May 16, 2014 8:36 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

or modiji further consolidates power and gets fatty's high court case moving

That'll be the best thing to happen since Modiji does not need the help of the fatty..

Ponniyin Selvan

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Fri May 16, 2014 8:46 am

comments from NYT readers on the win:

Reader 1:
It has been amusing to see the US media, including the NYT many times over in the past few months, define Modi consistently as a Hindu nationalist - as though it is something of a crime or an embarrassment to be devoted to one's religion and to seek to protect it from people who wish it gone. Is that because his devotion is to a religion that is not Christianity? How many of us have seen terms such as "the Christian president Bush"?

Reader 2:
India learnt no lesson from Reaganomics/Thatcherism that gives a burst of growth followed by unending slide, a tree that 30 years later bears bitter fruit of society divided, hate, fear, financial meltdown, joblessness, depression, despair.

Religions are socio-economic systems tied to Economy. Hindu religion is agrarian and not-optimal for the emerging era of Globalization and Free Trade. The Hindu Taliban under Hindu Nationalist Modi will do to India what Jewish Taliban have done to Israel or Muslim Taliban to neighbouring Pakistan – domestic turmoil and regional instability.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Fri May 16, 2014 8:53 am

How many think CNN would have covered the elections more if they were happening in Italy, France or England.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Fri May 16, 2014 8:58 am

Maria S wrote:The day after..

With the huge shift of power..have mixed feelings..have friends who are very happy, jubilant and hopeful! And I also have relatives and friends who are anxious and worried (not hard to guess that these people are mostly religious minorities)..whether their anxieties are warranted or not..I have never seen such anxieties before and they are real.

*In Tamil Nadu..kudos to Thalaivi Jayalalitha..this is how "absolute power" looks like..whatever it took..her "one-woman super show"..was so effective- winning in such an impressive way. 

I still like Stalin..inspite of the huge beating- defeat for the DMK..he has the potential to be a great leader- with his moderate and measured ways..hope he somehow manages the wreckage, and builds the old party..slowly and steadily (hope his father retires quickly, otherwise..there is no hope for him!)

It is what it is..

I hope the fears don't come true..with endless political witch hunts, revenge investigations..going after people with vendettas.

And I hope for the best for the homeland I care about, and wish for some peace and harmonious coexistence, in spite of all our internal differences. 

** well don't just sit there and keep wishing. tell your congregation to not engage in forcible conversions and in teaching hatred towards the hindus. and if Indians could sit around with this catholic  non-indian  woman and her machinations for the last 10 years or so, understand that if there was a Christian politician of Indian origin with 2/3s the charisma that Modi (a teawallah/chuddi) had, he or she could have won as well. If you guys saw yourself as INdian first you would not have to have me tell you this. Anyhow this is more to flim flam than  you. I wonder if you guys will keep clinging to the gandhis and that secular party.

Last edited by pravalika nanda on Fri May 16, 2014 9:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Fri May 16, 2014 9:14 am

pravalika nanda wrote:

It is what it is..

** well don't just sit there and keep wishing. tell your congregation to not engage in forcible conversions and in teaching hatred towards the hindus. and if Indians could sit around with this catholic  non-indian  woman and her machinations for the last 10 years or so, understand that if there was a Christian politician of Indian origin with 2/3s the charisma that Modi (a teawallah/chuddi) had, he or she could have won as well. If you guys saw yourself as INdian first you would not have to have me tell you this. Anyhow this is more to flim flam than  you. I wonder if you guys will keep clinging to the gandhis and that secular party.

Pravu, what happened to you? What traumatic event turned you from a run of the mill DUGIO into a saffron hate-hag?
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Fri May 16, 2014 9:20 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:

It is what it is..

Pravu, what happened to you? What traumatic event turned you from a run of the mill DUGIO into a saffron hate-hag?
I'm just telling her that an indian Christian could have won this election. how is that being a saffron hate-hag?

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Fri May 16, 2014 9:30 am

http://graphics.thomsonreuters.com/RNGS/2014/MAY/indialatest.jpg

and the graphics above show that the congress is pretty much wiped out. which is worrisome for the country and the fact that this man does not need to form a coalition may be a good or a bad thing. hard to tell.

but something else for you to note: this is all a surprise cuz the newspaper logon did not do their job, merlot. they are all smoking the same cannabis as you high-born secular elites and they totally missed this story of a landslide victory in the making along with the decimation of the opposition. we were made to read junk from the liberals, artistes, lefties all out of touch with the indina people, please tell your journos to do their job - which is simply to report the news accurately.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Fri May 16, 2014 9:59 am

why do you feel happy that Rahulji might lose his seat?
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri May 16, 2014 10:12 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:

It's okay Mr. Merlot..poor thing! It must be bash a random Indian Christian day- bark at the wrong tree day to make yourself feel better, and if you got one in sight..it's your lucky day..you can be clueless about the person or "her congregation"..simply shoot at her..and get a high out of it..
Serves me right for venturing into this forum today..eager to see old friends! 

I am not sure if you are part of "her congregation"..if you are, may be you are "her kind"..and you can let her know that there are plenty of forums..where "congregations" are into forcible converstions, and she can participate..instead of sitting here..and waiting for a random Christian like me to show up, she can venture out and trash them as much as she wants to!

You can also let her know..for better or worse..I have no love for any national political party..does not make any difference if it's Congress, BJP or any other National Party! My support will always be for a regional TN party (DMK or AIDMK)..I like my regional crooks, what can I say! 
*Whether the DMK or AIDAMK is in power in Tamil Nadu..and no matter which National Party is in power in the Central Govt..we look out for our own interests (depending on the issue)..and try to serve the people of Tamil Nadu well.

Hope you are doing well. Take care.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Fri May 16, 2014 10:22 am

Maria S wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:

I like my regional crooks, what can I say! 
>>>That is the bane of Indians, but Maria, I never thought you were the jaded type. Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri May 16, 2014 10:25 am

yes TN would do well to continue to keep both the gandhi kullas and the khaki shorts wearing stick wielders away.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri May 16, 2014 10:25 am

Maria S wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:

It's okay Mr. Merlot..poor thing! It must be bash a random Indian Christian day- bark at the wrong tree day to make yourself feel better, and if you got one in sight..it's your lucky day..you can be clueless about the person or "her congregation"..simply shoot at her..and get a high out of it..

I am not sure if you are part of "her congregation"..if you are, may be you are "her kind"..and you can let her know that there are plenty of forums..where "congregations" are into forcible converstions, and she can participate..instead of sitting here..and waiting for a random Christian like me to show up, she can venture out and trash them as much as she wants to!

You can also let her know..for better or worse..I have no love for any national political party..does not make any difference if it's Congress, BJP or any other National Party! My support will always be for a regional TN party (DMK or AIDMK)..I like my regional crooks, what can I say! 
*Whether the DMK or AIDAMK is in power in Tamil Nadu..and no matter which National Party is in power in the Central Govt..we look out for our own interests (depending on the issue)..and try to serve the people of Tamil Nadu well.

Can't believe you like Stalin - that serial rapist of the 70s... Hope Amma, Raja, Kani baby, Jagan, Janardhan, Vadra, Pawar, Lalu, Mamata all thrown in jail for their megalomanic corruption.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri May 16, 2014 10:27 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:yes TN would do well to continue to keep both the gandhi kullas and the khaki shorts wearing stick wielders away.

Didn't you just say sometime back that TN should be saved from both the DMKs?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri May 16, 2014 10:28 am

It's confession time Kris!

I am still blinded by some love for my regional crooks, evil doers..make a choice among the lesser evils (at that time)!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri May 16, 2014 10:31 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:yes TN would do well to continue to keep both the gandhi kullas and the khaki shorts wearing stick wielders away.

yes but i am not for supporting a national party and giving up the kind of influence that TN has enjoyed at the center.  i am willing to put up with the kazhagams until a better local and entirely native political party emerges. i wouldn't like tamilians to vote for any national party under any condition.

Last edited by MaxEntropy_Man on Fri May 16, 2014 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri May 16, 2014 10:31 am

Can't believe you like Stalin - that serial rapist of the 70s... Hope Amma, Raja, Kani baby, Jagan, Janardhan, Vadra, Pawar, Lalu, Mamata all thrown in jail for their megalomanic corruption.

Oh please..just calling him a rapist, does not make him so!

Crook? Perhaps. Womanizer..perhaps *I would like some specfic juicy stories about him..even Kushboo has a crush on his Dad! Rapist, No! 

Unless, you present proof Sir:)
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri May 16, 2014 10:32 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

yes but i am not for supporting a national party and giving up the kind of influence that TN has enjoyed at the center.  i am willing to put up with the kazhagams until a better local entirely native political party emerges. i wouldn't like tamilians to vote for any national party under any condition.

Not sure it will count for much this time around.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri May 16, 2014 10:33 am

Hellsangel wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

yes but i am not for supporting a national party and giving up the kind of influence that TN has enjoyed at the center.  i am willing to put up with the kazhagams until a better local entirely native political party emerges. i wouldn't like tamilians to vote for any national party under any condition.

Not sure it will count for much this time around.

i know. that's ok.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Fri May 16, 2014 10:40 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Kris wrote:

secularism is the reason india has so far been in india and pakistan, pakistan. secularism is a fundamental but not sufficient ingredient to economic growth in a diverse country like india.  i am surprised an enlightened, worldly wise person like yourself would say it's abstract. it's a different matter that congress hasn't delivered on economic growth. my hope too is for the dynasty to fade away but for a new strong opposition to take root in india. whether it is a chastened congress or a more savvy kejriwal remains to be seen. meanwhile one can only hope that the RSS doesn't become the defacto ruling party.
>>>My quarrel is not with the idea of secularism, if it is implemented and followed in the true spirit. Notice I put the term within quotes in my post. That however is another discussion. The bolded section above is my point in the context of where the Congress party missed the boat. When you are worried about your future, you want to hear what the game plan is to pull you out of the general economic malaise. Economics trumps zeitgeist. The hoi polloi voted with its pocketbook. I have no doubt the new team will be drummed out if it does not deliver on the economic front. Outgrowing the obsession with one family is also a strong indication of maturation.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Fri May 16, 2014 10:43 am

Maria S wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:

if Indians could sit around with this catholic  non-indian  woman and her machinations for the last 10 years or so, understand that if there was a Christian politician of Indian origin with 2/3s the charisma that Modi (a teawallah/chuddi) had, he or she could have won as well.

keep whining maria. whine when congress is in power, whine when bjp is in power.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Fri May 16, 2014 10:44 am

Maria S wrote:It's confession time Kris!

I am still blinded by some love for my regional crooks, evil doers..make a choice among the lesser evils (at that time)!

>>>Maria, I know you try to see the best in everyone, but politics is one venue where you are bound to be disappointed.
(my turn to be cynical now)
Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri May 16, 2014 10:50 am

pravalika nanda wrote:
Maria S wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:

if Indians could sit around with this catholic  non-indian  woman and her machinations for the last 10 years or so, understand that if there was a Christian politician of Indian origin with 2/3s the charisma that Modi (a teawallah/chuddi) had, he or she could have won as well.

keep whining maria. whine when congress is in power, whine when bjp is in power.
This is rather unseemly. You are the one whining here about the side that lost the election big time. It is OK to just feel good that your side won and enjoy the feeling... You don't need to stay in the "whine about the Italian Lady" mode forever.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri May 16, 2014 10:55 am

Kris wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Kris wrote:

secularism is the reason india has so far been in india and pakistan, pakistan. secularism is a fundamental but not sufficient ingredient to economic growth in a diverse country like india.  i am surprised an enlightened, worldly wise person like yourself would say it's abstract. it's a different matter that congress hasn't delivered on economic growth. my hope too is for the dynasty to fade away but for a new strong opposition to take root in india. whether it is a chastened congress or a more savvy kejriwal remains to be seen. meanwhile one can only hope that the RSS doesn't become the defacto ruling party.
>>>My quarrel is not with the idea of secularism, if it is implemented and followed in the true spirit. Notice I put the term within quotes in my post. That however is another discussion. The bolded section above is my point in the context of where the Congress party missed the boat. When you are worried about your future, you want to hear what the game plan is to pull you out of the general economic malaise. Economics trumps zeitgeist. The hoi polloi voted with its pocketbook. I have no doubt the new team will be drummed out if it does not deliver on the economic front. Outgrowing the obsession with one family is also a strong indication of maturation.
Does anti-incumbency mean anything or high voter turnout? I've a feeling that bigots in BJP/RSS/Shiv sena brigade will make sure that secularism will be on the top of the agenda in next elections. So let's not delude outselves that this issue is settled once for all & economics trumps etc.,

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Fri May 16, 2014 10:57 am

Idéfix wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:
Maria S wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:

This is rather unseemly. You are the one whining here about the side that lost the election big time. It is OK to just feel good that your side won and enjoy the feeling... You don't need to stay in the "whine about the Italian Lady" mode forever.
Really? I have never said whom I supported, I only said the dynasty has to go.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next