Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Congratulations to Modi and BJP supporters

+12
Ponniyin Selvan
Maria S
Propagandhi711
b_A
MaxEntropy_Man
Merlot Daruwala
Idéfix
Kris
confuzzled dude
truthbetold
Hellsangel
southindian
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Congratulations to Modi and BJP supporters - Page 2 Empty Re: Congratulations to Modi and BJP supporters

Post by confuzzled dude Fri May 16, 2014 10:59 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:Pravu, what happened to you? What traumatic event turned you from a run of the mill DUGIO into a saffron hate-hag?
May be she is still under the influence of bhAng she consumed in the company of wing-nut Gujjus in Jersey.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Congratulations to Modi and BJP supporters - Page 2 Empty Re: Congratulations to Modi and BJP supporters

Post by Idéfix Fri May 16, 2014 11:38 am

Oh, you didn't support Modi? My bad for assuming that based on your recent bitter whining about those opposed to Modiji... some of whom oppose the dynasty as well like you do.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri May 16, 2014 11:43 am

Idéfix wrote:Oh, you didn't support Modi? My bad for assuming that based on your recent bitter whining about those opposed to Modiji... some of whom oppose the dynasty as well like you do.
Did someone say "bitter" again, where is TBT when we need him. aaj toh muh meetha karne ka din hain yaar. I already had my tiranga sweet.

Last edited by confuzzled dude on Fri May 16, 2014 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri May 16, 2014 11:43 am

Idéfix wrote:Oh, you didn't support Modi? My bad for assuming that based on your recent bitter whining about those opposed to Modiji... some of whom oppose the dynasty as well like you do.

some? i know only one poster who actively supports the dynasty.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri May 16, 2014 11:47 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
Did someone say "bitter" again, where is TBT when we need him. aaj toh muh meetha karne ka din hain yaar. I already had my tiranga sweet.

Comrade, you seem to have a Pavlovian response to the word bitter.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri May 16, 2014 11:51 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
Kris wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Kris wrote:
Idéfix wrote:Looks like the NDA will cross 300 seats. Congratulations to Modi supporters on a bigger than expected win. I hope Modi delivers on his development promises and keeps the extreme fringes of his alliance under control.

>>>Congress needs to do some introspection if it wants to be a meaningful force in the future. This overwhelming wipeout should tell the cadre they were not even close on their plank. For starters they need to outgrow The Family and the habit of reflexively looking to it for leadership. Secondly, the average man on the street needs to know there is hope and economic potential for him. Abstract ideas like "secularism", whatever the arguments for and against them may be, remain abstract and take a backseat to more immediate concerns. I hope Modi delivers, but even if he doesn't there may be a silver lining here in that the country may get used to the idea that other people can be leaders.

secularism is the reason india has so far been in india and pakistan, pakistan. secularism is a fundamental but not sufficient ingredient to economic growth in a diverse country like india.  i am surprised an enlightened, worldly wise person like yourself would say it's abstract. it's a different matter that congress hasn't delivered on economic growth. my hope too is for the dynasty to fade away but for a new strong opposition to take root in india. whether it is a chastened congress or a more savvy kejriwal remains to be seen. meanwhile one can only hope that the RSS doesn't become the defacto ruling party.
>>>My quarrel is not with the idea of secularism, if it is implemented and followed in the true spirit. Notice I put the term within quotes in my post. That however is another discussion. The bolded section above is my point in the context of where the Congress party missed the boat. When you are worried about your future, you want to hear what the game plan is to pull you out of the general economic malaise. Economics trumps zeitgeist. The hoi polloi voted with its pocketbook. I have no doubt the new team will be drummed out if it does not deliver on the economic front. Outgrowing the obsession with one family is also a strong indication of maturation.
Does anti-incumbency mean anything or high voter turnout? I've a feeling that bigots in BJP/RSS/Shiv sena brigade will make sure that secularism will be on the top of the agenda in next elections. So let's not delude outselves that this issue is settled once for all & economics trumps etc.,

how can anyone assume secularism issue is settled, comrade? your party has no other credentials other than as supposed bastion of secularism. they will not let the issue settle and will continue to rake the secular muck as they are bankrupt in every other way.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri May 16, 2014 11:53 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Kris wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Kris wrote:

>>>Congress needs to do some introspection if it wants to be a meaningful force in the future. This overwhelming wipeout should tell the cadre they were not even close on their plank. For starters they need to outgrow The Family and the habit of reflexively looking to it for leadership. Secondly, the average man on the street needs to know there is hope and economic potential for him. Abstract ideas like "secularism", whatever the arguments for and against them may be, remain abstract and take a backseat to more immediate concerns. I hope Modi delivers, but even if he doesn't there may be a silver lining here in that the country may get used to the idea that other people can be leaders.

secularism is the reason india has so far been in india and pakistan, pakistan. secularism is a fundamental but not sufficient ingredient to economic growth in a diverse country like india.  i am surprised an enlightened, worldly wise person like yourself would say it's abstract. it's a different matter that congress hasn't delivered on economic growth. my hope too is for the dynasty to fade away but for a new strong opposition to take root in india. whether it is a chastened congress or a more savvy kejriwal remains to be seen. meanwhile one can only hope that the RSS doesn't become the defacto ruling party.
>>>My quarrel is not with the idea of secularism, if it is implemented and followed in the true spirit. Notice I put the term within quotes in my post. That however is another discussion. The bolded section above is my point in the context of where the Congress party missed the boat. When you are worried about your future, you want to hear what the game plan is to pull you out of the general economic malaise. Economics trumps zeitgeist. The hoi polloi voted with its pocketbook. I have no doubt the new team will be drummed out if it does not deliver on the economic front. Outgrowing the obsession with one family is also a strong indication of maturation.
Does anti-incumbency mean anything or high voter turnout? I've a feeling that bigots in BJP/RSS/Shiv sena brigade will make sure that secularism will be on the top of the agenda in next elections. So let's not delude outselves that this issue is settled once for all & economics trumps etc.,

how can anyone assume secularism issue is settled, comrade? your party has no other credentials other than as supposed bastion of secularism. they will not let the issue settle and will continue to rake the secular muck as they are bankrupt in every other way.

good. now that the highly credentialed party is in power, let's see how they do.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri May 16, 2014 12:01 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Kris wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

good. now that the highly credentialed party is in power, let's see how they do.

you are a one-note supporter that is only worried about secularism and northindian language hegemony(ists). the elections showed convincingly that indians want economic development first, to hell with rest of crap and people that bleat secularism are out of touch. this isnt for you to "see" and judge...it's upto majority of mainstream indians to decide if they can live with for next 10 yrs

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Fri May 16, 2014 12:06 pm

no my anger was directed at the high-born secular elites and minorities who were far removed from the ground realities of the average indian person and continued to blindly support the dynasty or congress with very false ideas such as that they are secular and not corrupt enough to get kicked out yet. looks like most of india has had enough of your sanctimony. you guys helped modi win, as many newspapers have pointed out modi won cuz the opposition was so weak. modi does not need my support.  modi must thank you.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Fri May 16, 2014 12:10 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Kris wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

oh why would you hold the bjp to such high standards? just cuz you're opposed to them?  you seem to have been perfectly okay with cong underperformance. and if there are h/m riots no one would benefit more than the congoons. so why don't you take a chill pill.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Fri May 16, 2014 12:18 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:http://www.aninews.in/videogallery2/23492-jayalalitha-thanks-tn-people-to-make-aiadmk-third-largest-in-parliament.html

looks like fatty made good on all her bluster. anyway, it's good the BJP and the congress still don't have a prayer of doing anything on their own in TN.

Lollu! Who was the mayir pudingi (pubic-hair puller) who was chanting for a better part of the decade that Modi has no prayer of becoming the PM of India with a majority? And look what a majority he got! Only a matter of time before TsuNaMo hits Tamil land and chaddis are gonna take over. Hangon to your mayir or whatever is left of it!  Laughing

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri May 16, 2014 1:02 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:
oh why would you hold the bjp to such high standards? just cuz you're opposed to them?  you seem to have been perfectly okay with cong underperformance. and if there are h/m riots no one would benefit more than the congoons. so why don't you take a chill pill.

you are the guys who repeatedly claimed that modi's gujarat is the ultimate example of good governance. it's only fair we expect him to do a bang up job.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Fri May 16, 2014 2:09 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:

you are the guys who repeatedly claimed that modi's gujarat is the ultimate example of good governance. it's only fair we expect him to do a bang up job.
I couldn't have said that cuz I don't know enough about Indian politics.

You're missing the point: Modi came out of nowhere and he accomplished what no indian man has in over a decade- for the first time in a decade we will have an Indian leader at the helm who will not be anyone else's puppet. He is bold,  hard-working and a remarkable person - you may not like his politics but he performed handsomely in his campaign although the secular papers ignored it until the counting began and you have to give him that. This is not a small accomplishment. In addition, it appears the secular-elite media under-reported the damage congress has done but it is obvious from the polls that the Indinas have no patience with the Congoons anymore. This is another great accomplishment. And these things couldn't have happened w/o Modi.

I think Indians wanted an Indian at the top, and they wanted social mobility. You can cling to 2002 all you want, but it is time to move on.  Modi will not be a perfect leader and he will like all leaders abuse his power but I cannot be sad that the wastrel great-grandson, grandson, and son of a PM did not become a PM.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2