Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the new face of india

+15
Impedimenta
Idéfix
indophile
Merlot Daruwala
Propagandhi711
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
truthbetold
confuzzled dude
Hellsangel
southindian
Kris
swapna
Maria S
MaxEntropy_Man
bw
19 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

the new face of india Empty the new face of india

Post by bw Fri May 16, 2014 11:55 pm

http://www.theguardian.com/books/2014/may/16/what-next-india-pankaj-mishra

bw

Back to top Go down

the new face of india Empty Re: the new face of india

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat May 17, 2014 6:41 am

good read. thanks for posting.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Sat May 17, 2014 9:12 am

Speaking of the "new face" of India, in the literal sense..to be honest, until a few days ago, I have not really paid a lot of attention to Mr. Modi's physical appearance, esp. his fashion sense, mannerisms etc. I have seen a few clips of him, and he does comes across as a better than average looking man and seems charismatic..

"Good looks" always help in this body image-focused times..for any leader! 

But, move over..Amitabh Bachchan..I had no idea, how much Mr. Modi's women admirers and followers swoon over his "virile looks"..or his apparently large chest measurements, etc :)I am quickly learning from all the social media posts..

Amusing and interesting! 

The Modi hotness quotient

Excerpts:

“As a rule,” she says, “I prefer clean, unshaven men.” Pria Warrick, a former Miss India America who currently runs one of Delhi’s top grooming schools, is speaking over the telephone. “But I will make an exception [for him]. He just looks so wild—like a lion in that beard of his.” After a pause where she seems to be considering her words, she continues, “And in a way, quite hot.”

Like many of his male supporters, many of Modi’s female followers speak admiringly of his work and world-vision, of his thundering oratory skills and the aura that surrounds him. But often, it appears, this enthusiasm borders on the devotion of a young girl’s infatuation. Some speak of his well-turned-out appearance, of his well-trimmed beard and colourful kurtas, and some of his rugged manliness.

According to Warrick, “There is something very innocent and virginal about him, like a single guy from an all-boys’ school, which of course the RSS is. I feel he knows how to get women’s attention.”

+++
While Modi's election campaign has been about ‘development’, mainly, it has also been about his manliness. He has been all rage and testosterone as the owner of the fabled 56-inch chest, portraying himself as the alpha male whose roar no one dares ignore. Everyone else has appeared plebeian and humble in comparison. As some see it, he made his 43-year-old challenger Rahul Gandhi look like an overgrown teenager. The effect of Modi’s virility was in glittery evidence when a heavy-breathing Mallika Sherawat called him India’s most eligible bachelor, while another sex siren, Sherlyn Chopra, said she’d like to be his personal assistant.

http://www.openthemagazine.com/article/nation/the-modi-hotness-quotient
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Sat May 17, 2014 9:16 am

"Modi is a lifelong member of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS), a paramilitary Hindu nationalist organisation inspired by the fascist movements of Europe, whose founder's belief that Nazi Germany had manifested "race pride at its highest" by purging the Jews is by no means unexceptional among the votaries of Hindutva, or Hinduness." -- Pankaj Mishra, in the article linked.

That long sentence seems to mean that the belief referred to is uncommon among RSS members. I wonder if mishra meant that or if I misinterpreted the sentence.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat May 17, 2014 9:20 am

i inferred exactly the opposite meaning from that sentence.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Sat May 17, 2014 9:54 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:i inferred exactly the opposite meaning from that sentence.

What you say is what I would have expected mishra to say, according to the context, but I was wondering if what he wrote means that. He wrote that the belief is "by no means unexceptional." Doesn't that mean that it is exceptional?

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Sat May 17, 2014 10:20 am

Maria S wrote:Speaking of the "new face" of India, in the literal sense..to be honest, until a few days ago, I have not really paid a lot of attention to Mr. Modi's physical appearance, esp. his fashion sense, mannerisms etc. I have seen a few clips of him, and he does comes across as a better than average looking man and seems charismatic..

But, move over..Amitabh Bachchan..I had no idea, how much Mr. Modi's women admirers and followers swoon over his "virile looks"..or his apparently large chest measurements, etc :)I am quickly learning from all the social media posts..

Amusing and interesting! 

Excerpts:

“As a rule,” she says, “I prefer clean, unshaven men.” Pria Warrick, a former Miss India America who currently runs one of Delhi’s top grooming schools, is speaking over the telephone. “But I will make an exception [for him]. He just looks so wild—like a lion in that beard of his.” After a pause where she seems to be considering her words, she continues, “And in a way, quite hot.”

Like many of his male supporters, many of Modi’s female followers speak admiringly of his work and world-vision, of his thundering oratory skills and the aura that surrounds him. But often, it appears, this enthusiasm borders on the devotion of a young girl’s infatuation. Some speak of his well-turned-out appearance, of his well-trimmed beard and colourful kurtas, and some of his rugged manliness.

According to Warrick, “There is something very innocent and virginal about him, like a single guy from an all-boys’ school, which of course the RSS is. I feel he knows how to get women’s attention.”

+++
While Modi's election campaign has been about ‘development’, mainly, it has also been about his manliness. He has been all rage and testosterone as the owner of the fabled 56-inch chest, portraying himself as the alpha male whose roar no one dares ignore. Everyone else has appeared plebeian and humble in comparison. As some see it, he made his 43-year-old challenger Rahul Gandhi look like an overgrown teenager. The effect of Modi’s virility was in glittery evidence when a heavy-breathing Mallika Sherawat called him India’s most eligible bachelor, while another sex siren, Sherlyn Chopra, said she’d like to be his personal assistant.

Modi does wear interesting clothes. He's probably the first male PM to do so.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat May 17, 2014 10:59 am

swapna wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:i inferred exactly the opposite meaning from that sentence.

What you say is what I would have expected mishra to say, according to the context, but I was wondering if what he wrote means that. He wrote that the belief is "by no means unexceptional." Doesn't that mean that it is exceptional?

>>I think he meant to say it was by no means out of the ordinary.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat May 17, 2014 11:00 am

swapna wrote:
Maria S wrote:Speaking of the "new face" of India, in the literal sense..to be honest, until a few days ago, I have not really paid a lot of attention to Mr. Modi's physical appearance, esp. his fashion sense, mannerisms etc. I have seen a few clips of him, and he does comes across as a better than average looking man and seems charismatic..

Amusing and interesting! 

Excerpts:

+++

Modi does wear interesting clothes. He's probably the first male PM to do so.

he is a gujarati male. they all wear interesting clothes -- foos nu pant, smace nu sirt, jins jicket, low loacket, comb in bayck poaket, and goagles on eye soaket.

Last edited by MaxEntropy_Man on Sat May 17, 2014 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat May 17, 2014 11:00 am

swapna wrote:

he got tripped up by his use of double negatives.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Sat May 17, 2014 11:16 am

Satellite Indians don't matter to India. They worked a lot for AAP and against Modi.

Indians vote IN India to elect who runs the country.

I'm sure bitter satellite Indians will come up with more.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat May 17, 2014 11:44 am

corporate, good point. only two people on this board actually cast a vote. the rest are ineligible or too far away and can only shadow box.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sat May 17, 2014 2:27 pm

Ah! The corporate and his opposite the academic.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat May 17, 2014 3:29 pm

The new face of India = Corporate Lapdog.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Sat May 17, 2014 9:31 pm

Amusing and interesting! 

Excerpts:

+++

women find modi hot?  Rolling EyesRolling EyesRolling Eyes

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat May 17, 2014 10:23 pm

Good read. My foot. Complete nonsene. Complete lies. 

If modi rules by intimidation, why is it that Gujarat is never in the news for opposition harassment?  We constatly hear about violence in bihar, marxist terror in wb and now mamata's verbal violence and rapes in UP. But no one hears about gujarat. Suddenly pnkaj misra claims NAZI rule in gujarat and this lazy intellectual claims good read.

His hypocrisy is identified when he brings up the palatial building of mukesh ambani as if modi has any role in ambani rise. He forgot that it is congress including sonia's govt that helped ambani. 

he then talks about Indian poverty, child mal nutrition etc as if modi was ruling india. What he forgot to say is that Indians were fed up with poverty and voted for modi to do something about the economy.

This guy is a nut case and is completely idiot. then he stamps indian electorate as hindu nationalists. What  a moron.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat May 17, 2014 10:29 pm

bw wrote:
Maria S wrote:.Everyone else has appeared plebeian and humble in comparison. As some see it, he made his 43-year-old challenger Rahul Gandhi look like an overgrown teenager. The effect of Modi’s virility was in glittery evidence when a heavy-breathing Mallika Sherawat called him India’s most eligible bachelor, while another sex siren, Sherlyn Chopra, said she’d like to be his personal assistant.[/font][/size][/color]

i guess you are neither Mallika nor Sherlyn... Rahul would be enough for you...Razz he will be super impressed with your smartness.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Sat May 17, 2014 10:35 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
bw wrote:
Maria S wrote:.Everyone else has appeared plebeian and humble in comparison. As some see it, he made his 43-year-old challenger Rahul Gandhi look like an overgrown teenager. The effect of Modi’s virility was in glittery evidence when a heavy-breathing Mallika Sherawat called him India’s most eligible bachelor, while another sex siren, Sherlyn Chopra, said she’d like to be his personal assistant.[/font][/size][/color]

i guess you are neither Mallika nor Sherlyn... Rahul would be enough for you...Razz  he will be super impressed with your smartness.

the new face of india Modi_arrow20121011

seriously, this guy is hot? looks like a well fed unkil. thoppai mama!

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Sat May 17, 2014 11:07 pm

truthbetold wrote:Good read. My foot. Complete nonsene. Complete lies. 

If modi rules by intimidation, why is it that Gujarat is never in the news for opposition harassment?  We constatly hear about violence in bihar, marxist terror in wb and now mamata's verbal violence and rapes in UP. But no one hears about gujarat. Suddenly pnkaj misra claims NAZI rule in gujarat and this lazy intellectual claims good read.

His hypocrisy is identified when he brings up the palatial building of mukesh ambani as if modi has any role in ambani rise. He forgot that it is congress including sonia's govt that helped ambani. 

he then talks about Indian poverty, child mal nutrition etc as if modi was ruling india. What he forgot to say is that Indians were fed up with poverty and voted for modi to do something about the economy.

This guy is a nut case and is completely idiot. then he stamps indian electorate as hindu nationalists. What  a moron

pankaj misra, yet another JNU stamped arts graduate far left "intellectual" aka clueless douchebag. this election is a giant middle finger to these types

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat May 17, 2014 11:21 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
truthbetold wrote:
This guy is a nut case and is completely idiot. then he stamps indian electorate as hindu nationalists. What  a moron

pankaj misra, yet another JNU stamped arts graduate far left "intellectual" aka clueless douchebag. this election is a giant middle finger to these types

From now on, I am calling these types "Intellectual Idiots"

Just now got off a chat with my classmate - who is as far from religin as one can imagine. Knows nothing about RSS or BJP but felt time to disband that stupid Congress and the entire corrupt Delhi network of criminals/ministers/babus.

That is how the common man/electorate must have felt - except the Intellectual Idiots.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Sat May 17, 2014 11:21 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:

this douche's credibility is on full display when he writes the following. best to leave discussion of this intellectual to other lefty intellectuals on such:

Modi’s party has long advocated a backward-looking program of economic self-reliance. Yet, among an aspiring class of urban Indians, many of whom revere Adolf Hitler as a terrific organizer, Modi has effectively deployed the idioms of management, national greatness and security, fusing them with emotive appeals to racial and religious community. 

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sun May 18, 2014 1:47 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

this douche's credibility is on full display when he writes the following. best to leave discussion of this intellectual to other lefty intellectuals on such:

Modi’s party has long advocated a backward-looking program of economic self-reliance. Yet, among an aspiring class of urban Indians, many of whom revere Adolf Hitler as a terrific organizer, Modi has effectively deployed the idioms of management, national greatness and security, fusing them with emotive appeals to racial and religious community. 

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sun May 18, 2014 6:31 am

bw wrote:
bw wrote:

i guess you are neither Mallika nor Sherlyn... Rahul would be enough for you...Razz  he will be super impressed with your smartness.

Are you kidding? Upps aunty and countless other conquered women wet their panties each time they see that bearded visage. Your dismissal of Saheb's sex appeal only shows that you are an out of touch leftie whose Indian passport will very soon be revoked.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 18, 2014 7:28 am

For a moment, i thought he was showing his middle finger in the first picture of the article.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 18, 2014 7:49 am

I never saw Modi from the angle of 'hotness'. Now that ppl are talking abt that, I did and find him totally hot. It's his strong personality apart from his looks that makes him hot. I was watching his interview on 'aap ki adalat' where he addresses women as 'hamari maa betiyaan'. Very sweet! He comes across as a man who respects women and who is very protective about them. What else can be more hot about a man than that? 

Ya...go ahead and rip me apart for saying the above.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun May 18, 2014 8:38 am

Kinnera wrote:I never saw Modi from the angle of 'hotness'. Now that ppl are talking abt that, I did and find him totally hot. It's his strong personality apart from his looks that makes him hot. I was watching his interview on 'aap ki adalat' where he addresses women as 'hamari maa betiyaan'. Very sweet! He comes across as a man who respects women and who is very protective about them. What else can be more hot about a man than that? 

Wait....control yourself now...

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 18, 2014 8:55 am

Kinnera wrote:I never saw Modi from the angle of 'hotness'. Now that ppl are talking abt that, I did and find him totally hot. It's his strong personality apart from his looks that makes him hot. I was watching his interview on 'aap ki adalat' where he addresses women as 'hamari maa betiyaan'. Very sweet! He comes across as a man who respects women and who is very protective about them. What else can be more hot about a man than that? 

Rolling Eyes I meant the sarcastic comments and put downs. grrr!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Sun May 18, 2014 9:07 am

Kinnera wrote:

Sorry Kinnera...that exchange above is funny Very Happy!

Reminds me of some of the old coffeehouse quick retorts- quick, original, harmless and witty! 
U is in his element today:) 
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun May 18, 2014 9:27 am

Maria S wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

The problem with the element is it is almost useless. It always has to depend on some other element to form a useful compound.

I was worried the rate at which Kinny was being attracted to the 56 incher (chest that is - no offense to P711).

Sorry Kinnera...that exchange above is funny Very Happy!

Reminds me of some of the old coffeehouse quick retorts- quick, original, harmless and witty! 
U is in his element today:) 

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun May 18, 2014 10:12 am

bw wrote:
bw wrote:

what the frack is he doing in that picture?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sun May 18, 2014 10:48 am

Demonstrating fly-fishing techniques...
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun May 18, 2014 10:52 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:Demonstrating fly-fishing techniques...
RSS arranged swayamwaram?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sun May 18, 2014 11:37 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:Demonstrating fly-fishing techniques...
RSS arranged swayamwaram?

Comrade, Mr. Drinkman's comment - funny.

Yours - cranky & bitter
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Mon May 19, 2014 3:18 am

the new face of india Narendra_modi_1351772514_1351772519_540x540

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Mon May 19, 2014 3:31 am

It is amusing to see how such secular gang is trying amuse themselves by inventing humor where non exists. The wound is really deep. It probably hurts a lot.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon May 19, 2014 6:17 am

bw wrote:the new face of india Narendra_modi_1351772514_1351772519_540x540

how do you unearth these pics? brilliant!
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 19, 2014 6:53 am

Cheap shots! It is amusing to see how badly the poor things are hurt. LOL! Keep going. The more cheap shots they take, the more amusing it is. Love to see the frustration. rofl

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Mon May 19, 2014 7:27 am

bw wrote:

Amusing and interesting! 

Excerpts:

+++

Well, it's not implausible per this Psychology Today piece (blog).

Women with concerns about health and disease – that is, those who were more sensitive to pathogen disgust – preferred men with macho facial features, deeper voices, and muscular bodies. Pathogen disgust also correlated with women's increased preferences for masculine men, whether they be ideal or actual partners. Moral and sexual disgust were not found to be significant predictors of women's preferences for macho features or their choices in a romantic partner. 

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/head-games/201303/what-women-find-sexy

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Mon May 19, 2014 7:52 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
how do you unearth these pics? brilliant!

well, i am on a quest to discover modi, the hunk, ever since i read above that he is "hot". MD has warned me of dire consequences if i don't find him hot and i am merely working hard on it.

i am modi, narendra modi.
the new face of india Narendra_Modi17_20140313

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon May 19, 2014 7:54 am

maybe he is just channeling his inner MGR or in light of this most recent picture and his politics, is it inner ronny reagan?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 19, 2014 8:01 am

Maybe women who don't find him attractive need extra shots of estrogen. Wink 

PS: It's the personality that matters.

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Mon May 19, 2014 8:09 am

Kinnera wrote:Maybe women who don't find him attractive need extra shots of estrogen. Wink 

PS: It's the personality that matters.

And men? Go easy on drumsticks and red onions, and load their daily quiche with tofu?  Smile

Last edited by indophile on Mon May 19, 2014 8:14 am; edited 1 time in total

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Mon May 19, 2014 8:14 am

bah! just when i was warming up, i see this. the hunk practising kathak with his soul mates, i guess.

oh well, shall try again with fresh eyes tomorrow.

the new face of india Narender_modi_rss_20121231.jpg

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 19, 2014 8:20 am

Lol@the frustrated ones. Amusing! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon May 19, 2014 8:26 am

bw wrote:bah! just when i was warming up, i see this. the hunk practising kathak with his soul mates, i guess.

the new face of india Narender_modi_rss_20121231.jpg

sexy knees on the soulmates!
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Mon May 19, 2014 9:32 am

Kinnera wrote:Cheap shots! It is amusing to see how badly the poor things are hurt. LOL! Keep going. The more cheap shots they take, the more amusing it is. Love to see the frustration. rofl

How is this a cheap shot? That incredibly sexy man is striking a James Bond-like pose that makes (conquered) women swoon, and you think it's funny??
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 19, 2014 9:47 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
Kinnera wrote:Cheap shots! It is amusing to see how badly the poor things are hurt. LOL! Keep going. The more cheap shots they take, the more amusing it is. Love to see the frustration. rofl

How is this a cheap shot? That incredibly sexy man is striking a James Bond-like pose that makes (conquered) women swoon, and you think it's funny??
How do you know that the James Bond-like pose is what makes the (conquered) women swoon? Cheap shots is when one does the silly dramas of trying to swoon at the James Bond-like poses.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon May 19, 2014 9:48 am

bw wrote:bah! just when i was warming up, i see this. the hunk practising kathak with his soul mates, i guess.

BTW, I hear the RSS has changed their uniform. Shakhas are held once a week, weekends, etc.. Are allowed to wear pants - one reason why 2000 new Shakhas came up in UP within 1 year.

In fact, they should also allow females to attend co-ed Shakhas. Just an idea to the nickerwalas.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Mon May 19, 2014 9:53 am

Kinnera wrote: Cheap shots is when one does the silly dramas of trying to swoon at the James Bond-like poses.
Does this qualify?

https://such.forumotion.com/t23535-the-new-face-of-india#157091
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 19, 2014 9:59 am

Idéfix wrote:
Kinnera wrote: Cheap shots is when one does the silly dramas of trying to swoon at the James Bond-like poses.
Does this qualify?

https://such.forumotion.com/t23535-the-new-face-of-india#157091
No, it doesn't. I wasn't playing silly dramas.

PS: Personality is what makes someone hot or cold.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next