Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When the RSS chief would grovel before the Congress chief (and whine)

Go down

When the RSS chief would grovel before the Congress chief (and whine) Empty When the RSS chief would grovel before the Congress chief (and whine)

Post by Guest Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:48 am

In contrast to Golwalkar’s letters to Nehru, Balasaheb Deoras’ missives to Indira Gandhi during the Emergency were cringing: “I have heard the speech you delivered on August 15, 1975, from the Red Fort, Delhi on AIR. The speech was balanced and befitting to the occasion and has prompted me to write this letter to you,” he wrote on August 22. He concluded: “I beseech you to rescind the ban imposed upon the RSS.”

Deoras wrote to Indira Gandhi again on July 16, praising her foreign policy and renewing his plea on the ban. Both letters were ignored. Deoras’ letters to S.B. Chavan were as abject. He wrote on July 15, 1975: “The Sangh has done nothing against the government or society even remotely. There is no place for such things in the Sangh’s programme. The Sangh is engaged only in social and cultural activities.”

He wrote to Chavan again on November 24, 1975, December 12, 1975, and January 24, 1976. On June 6, 1976, he even asked Chavan for “release on parole with a view to clarifying certain issues directly to you”. The entreaty was repeated on July 12, 1976. None of the letters elicited a reply.

http://www.frontline.in/static/html/fl2701/stories/19930326052.htm

Back to top Go down