Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khan Academy online math courses to be offered in Tamil

3 posters

Go down

Khan Academy online math courses to be offered in Tamil Empty Khan Academy online math courses to be offered in Tamil

Post by Kayalvizhi Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:15 pm

Khan Academy online math courses to be offered in Tamil. Khan Academy is praised even by Gates.

No. The Tamil courses are not funded by Indian gov. It spends crores on pushing Hindi into Tamil Nadu.

To the ignorant people here who want Hindi to be taught in TN at state gov expense-Do you think money spent on Khan Academy courses or Hindi courses, which is more useful?

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Khan Academy online math courses to be offered in Tamil Empty Re: Khan Academy online math courses to be offered in Tamil

Post by Guest Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:22 pm

Kayalvizhi wrote:Khan Academy online math courses to be offered in Tamil. Khan Academy is praised even by Gates.

No. The Tamil courses are not funded by Indian gov. It spends crores on pushing Hindi into Tamil Nadu.

To the ignorant people here who want Hindi to be taught in TN at state gov expense-Do you think money spent on Khan Academy courses or Hindi courses, which is more useful?

Many tamil speaking North Indians have been involved in offering khan academy courses in tamil. On behalf of Khan academy I would like to say 'Thank you' to all of them.

Back to top Go down

Khan Academy online math courses to be offered in Tamil Empty Re: Khan Academy online math courses to be offered in Tamil

Post by Kayalvizhi Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:27 pm

Rashmun wrote:

Many tamil speaking North Indians have been involved in offering khan academy courses in tamil. On behalf of Khan academy I would like to say 'Thank you' to all of them.

Rashmun, YOU ARE A LIAR.

Data analytics firm Report Bee and the non-profit AMM Foundation are translating the courses. North Indians have nothing to do with it.

Rashmun, Again I expose you as a lying Hindian with ulterior motives.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:33 pm

Kayalvizhi wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

Rashmun, YOU ARE A LIAR.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:34 pm

What does your video link has to do with translating Khan courses?
Are you unable to think logically? Or, are you a liar? ANSWER ME.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:36 pm

Kayalvizhi wrote:What does your video link has to do with translating Khan courses?
Are you unable to think logically? Or, are you a liar? ANSWER ME.

I am just disproving your view that North Indians are not interested in tamil.

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:41 pm

khan academy is a good source for information but kids shouldn't be 'lectured' or made to watch a lecture without any interaction. kids should be made to come up with the answers themselves with just a nudge or a hint here and there to get them on the right track.

i have heard that many teachers just play a khan academy video, or ask the kids to play it on their computers while they twiddle their thumbs or post on FB.

yes, it is infinitely better than lousy or no teachers but as a teaching style, it isn't the best approach.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:47 pm

bw wrote:khan academy is a good source for information but kids shouldn't be 'lectured' or made to watch a lecture without any interaction. kids should be made to come up with the answers themselves with just a nudge or a hint here and there to get them on the right track.

i have heard that many teachers just play a khan academy video, or ask the kids to play it on their computers while they twiddle their thumbs or post on FB.

yes, it is infinitely better than lousy or no teachers but as a teaching style, it isn't the best approach.

good post, but irrelevant in this thread.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:02 pm

bw wrote:khan academy is a good source for information but kids shouldn't be 'lectured' or made to watch a lecture without any interaction. kids should be made to come up with the answers themselves with just a nudge or a hint here and there to get them on the right track.

Agree. It will improve math skilss of students in village schools in TN.

Khan courses are already used in English medium schools in TN. Translations are made to help Tamil medium students.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:31 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

good post, but irrelevant in this thread.

just trying to prevent yet another long, boring, thread on tamil, hindi, north indians, south indians, blah, blah and blah, filled with a bunch of silly anecdotes. there are enough of them already.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down