Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

being teargassed by cops in his own backyard

+2
confuzzled dude
MaxEntropy_Man
6 posters

Go down

being teargassed by cops in his own backyard Empty being teargassed by cops in his own backyard

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:41 pm

http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/dailyrft/2014/08/police_in_ferguson_fire_tear_gas_on_protesters_with_hands_up_in_their_own_backyard.php

anyone paying attention to the ugly happenings in ferguson? it's better to wait till the FBI concludes its investigation about the shooting, but i am talking about what has happened since then. this young man has every right to be angry as hell to be teargassed for no other reason than standing in his own yard.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

being teargassed by cops in his own backyard Empty Re: being teargassed by cops in his own backyard

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:45 pm

i can understand this kid's anger, but the best thing to do when confronted by a cop with a gun is to remove yourself from the situation even if you think you are in the right. he has a gun, you don't. stick it to him later by suing his ass instead of yelling and screaming at him.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

being teargassed by cops in his own backyard Empty Re: being teargassed by cops in his own backyard

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:51 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:i can understand this kid's anger, but the best thing to do when confronted by a cop with a gun is to remove yourself from the situation even if you think you are in the right. he has a gun, you don't.  stick it to him later by suing his ass instead of yelling and screaming at him.  
Well he was a teenager, teenagers don't think logically for the most part, especially on dope but that doesn't justify the actions of (number of shots fired) the police officer, at least based on the information that came out thus far.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:25 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:i can understand this kid's anger, but the best thing to do when confronted by a cop with a gun is to remove yourself from the situation even if you think you are in the right. he has a gun, you don't.  stick it to him later by suing his ass instead of yelling and screaming at him.  
Well he was a teenager, teenagers don't think logically for the most part, especially on dope but that doesn't justify the actions of (number of shots fired) the police officer, at least based on the information that came out thus far.

i wasn't talking about michael brown but the guy in the article i posted.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:26 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

i wasn't talking about michael brown but the guy in the article i posted.

I was waiting for you to point that out to Comrade. Comrade is quite a shoot from the hip cowboy lately.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:39 pm

What! Misreading the comment is shooting from the hip

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:55 pm

Let me sit back and watch CMAGS discuss this white cop-black guy shooting issue.

Something tells me this is going to be a discussion of the highest quality with the group members having lived, worked, and dealt with on a daily basis with blacks.

I think The cop was emboldened by Modi ji's red fort speech and shot the black guy to death.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:05 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:Let me sit back and watch CMAGS discuss this white cop-black guy shooting issue.

Something tells me this is going to be a discussion of the highest quality with the group members having lived, worked, and dealt with on a daily basis with blacks.

I think The cop was emboldened by Modi ji's red fort speech and shot the black guy to death.

you've never stopped yourself from proffering opinions on everything under the sun including things you haven't got the foggiest idea about. and you are criticizing me? that's rich!
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:23 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:Let me sit back and watch CMAGS discuss this white cop-black guy shooting issue.

Leaving your sarcasm aside, I actually have, when I was in grad school, for almost 2 years; but that was a small (university) town and they were slogging their rear(s) day in and day out to make ends meat; believe it or not couple of them couldn't read or write, didn't know how much they were getting paid somebody had to read (of their pay checks) for them

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:24 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

you've never stopped yourself from proffering opinions on everything under the sun including things you haven't got the foggiest idea about. and you are criticizing me? that's rich!

Have i ever commented on Carnatic music, Theology, vedas, upanishads, Shakespeare, English literature, electrical circuit, dance, and the list goes on.... everything else I know everything about....Wink

Let us see... according to your logic that one should comment only on things that the person is very familiar with....how much experience you and the other CMAGS group members have with blacks, their daily lives and the black-white relationship, including the subterranean racism and of course the the Ferguson area itself.

now talk away..rather I will watch....and enjoy the intellectual discoosion.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:32 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

Have i ever commented on Carnatic music, Theology, vedas, upanishads, Shakespeare, English literature, electrical circuit, dance, and the list goes on.... everything else I know everything about....Wink

Let us see... according to your logic that one should comment only on things that the person is very familiar with....how much experience you and the other CMAGS group members have with blacks, their daily lives and the black-white relationship, including the subterranean racism and of course the the Ferguson area itself.

Have you ever been to LA downtown, in the middle of the night, just by yourself and a friend of yours and dealt with them? Have you ever been right in the middle of the riots like the one in Ferguson? I have so please cut out this nonsense

Last edited by confuzzled dude on Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:32 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:

Leaving your sarcasm aside, I actually have, when I was in grad school, for almost 2 years; but that was a small (university) town and they were slogging their rear(s) day in and day out to make ends meat; believe it or not couple of them couldn't read or write, didn't know how much they were getting paid somebody had to read (of their pay checks) for them

So ??? you once worked in a shop in a small university town of insignificant size and came across a few hard working illiterate blacks, and you helped read their paychecks.

ok...agree...that is more than I had imagined...that puts you far ahead of other members in your clan. So you have earned the right to talk about blacks...after all, you would not talk about anything/anyone unless you are thoroughly experienced and wetted on the subject.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:37 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

Let us see... according to your logic that one should comment only on things that the person is very familiar with....how much experience you and the other CMAyGS group members have with blacks, their daily lives and the black-white relationship, including the subterranean racism and of course the the Ferguson area itself.

i don't live in idaho and i work in a profession where i meet and work with all kinds of people. so whatever gives you the idea that black people are not amongst them? and why does a simple comment about walking away from a guy with a gun depend on experience interacting with black people? those are two separate questions for you.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:38 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:

So ??? you once worked in a shop in a small university town of insignificant size and came across a few hard working illiterate blacks, and you helped read their paychecks.

ok...agree...that is more than I had imagined...that puts you far ahead of other members in your clan. So you have earned the right to talk about blacks...after all, you would not talk about anything/anyone unless you are thoroughly experienced and wetted on the subject.
So.. you're making a fool of yourself; btw that was a black college so just not a few blacks

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:47 pm

honestly, DRAGS entertain me more.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:54 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

So.. you're making a fool of yourself; btw that was a black college so just not a few blacks

damnn...that makes you even more qualified... Now my curiosity is making me imagine what school that might be.... perhaps, Tuskegee ?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:01 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
Have you ever been to LA downtown, in the middle of the night, just by yourself and a friend of yours and dealt with them? Have you ever been right in the middle of the riots like the one in Ferguson? I have so please cut out this nonsense

Agree...you have more experience than Al-Akbari has with tamilians walking in Vellore and watching a hindi movie there.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:10 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

Let us see... according to your logic that one should comment only on things that the person is very familiar with....how much experience you and the other CMAyGS group members have with blacks, their daily lives and the black-white relationship, including the subterranean racism and of course the the Ferguson area itself.

i don't live in idaho and i work in a profession where i meet and work with all kinds of people. so whatever gives you the idea that black people are not amongst them? and why does a simple comment about walking away from a guy with a gun depend on experience interacting with black people? those are two separate questions for you.

1. a total of 581 blacks in a UG total of 18165, and an even smaller ratio in your "field" cant be called a wide experience.

2. walking away from a guy with a gun may seem easy for educated ones and those who have a lot to lose in life. The fact that blacks are looting the stores despite knowing cops may shoot them shows the mindset of poor blacks.

I ride through a neighborhood where shooting occurs often*. it is very common to see crowds gather around crime scenes talking in groups - much like how the poor gather in India round crime . A similar scenario in a white neighborhood forces all whites to go indoors and peek through their windows. So it is not surprising that this guy was standing in his own backyard not thinking about the possibility of getting shot.

*Now this makes me qualified to talk about blacks....Wink

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:48 am

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/19/justice/what-we-know-about-ferguson/index.html wrote:Police launch tear gas into crowd
Once again, peaceful protests gave way to angry confrontations with police late Monday night into early Tuesday. After a handful of protesters threw rocks, bottles and Molotov cocktails, security forces responded with tear gas and stun grenades. Most of the demonstrators, however, were trying to keep the peace. Police said they arrested 31 people, some of whom came from as far away as New York and California.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:23 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/19/justice/what-we-know-about-ferguson/index.html wrote:Police launch tear gas into crowd
Once again, peaceful protests gave way to angry confrontations with police late Monday night into early Tuesday. After a handful of protesters threw rocks, bottles and Molotov cocktails, security forces responded with tear gas and stun grenades. Most of the demonstrators, however, were trying to keep the peace. Police said they arrested 31 people, some of whom came from as far away as New York and California.

Dont tell me they came from Islamberg, NY.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:14 pm

interesting to see the (mis)usage of "blacks" vs. "African Americans" as in an adjective vs. a noun.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:20 pm

Impedimenta wrote:interesting to see the (mis)usage of "blacks" vs. "African Americans" as in an adjective vs. a noun.

Yes. Gets very confusing. Brown was black.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down