Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

thick legs

Go down

thick legs Empty thick legs

Post by Guest Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:16 am

Long long ago when I was still quiet young, and would read any random novel out there, I remember reading in this English novel how a group of women advising a young girl not to walk a lot because, 'that makes your legs thick'. The young girl, who was also the protagonist of the novel, rubbished all this and hiked, coz she loved to, something I wholeheartedly agreed to in my mind as I read along, 'who cares if you have thick legs, walking is good, carry on'. (I think the Indian equivalent was when the classical dancers stopped dancing they got heavy lower body). I remembered that story forever and kept that in the back of my mind over the years when observing people.

Anyway, the point here is not if walking/dancing makes your legs thick, I can counter that with the example of my classmate back home who runs marathons and cycles to work, having slender legs. The point here is why those women in the novel desired having slim legs.

Coz when you are wearing fancy knee-length dresses, legs can make or break the look. Look at all (well, most) of those European famous women out there wearing expensive dresses, looking elegant, specially in the shots where they are sitting and whole legs are on display for the pictures. The whole pic would be ruined if they had wide legs glancing from under the hem, each leg looking the size of two. Was watching pics on Facebook last night, of friends partying it up. All who were wearing dresses are slim, by any standard, and they all looked good. But some had thick legs, while others had thin legs. No points in guessing who looked better. 

I have knees the size of Texas. Will that stop me from wearing dresses that I wear maybe 4 times a year? No it won't, but I try to keep it casual. Peasant look fits the thick legs hehe. Unless you have good legs, no point in wearing fancy short dresses. Somehow shorts and some kinda skirts don't feel bad the same way. So I will continue those.

Back to top Go down

thick legs Empty Re: thick legs

Post by Guest Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:36 am

ya, in the west, it's the legs that they care about. In india, it's the flat tummy and a curvy waist that's important coz that's what they show. No one cares abt the shape of the legs. Whatever you show matters.

Back to top Go down

Post by michelle2 Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:14 am

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:Long long ago when I was still quiet young, and would read any random novel out there, I remember...

"quite young," not "quiet young."

michelle2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:16 am

michelle2 wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:Long long ago when I was still quiet young, and would read any random novel out there, I remember...

Hi Mich! Good morning!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:24 am

michelle2 wrote:

Dang it. I knew something was wrong about it. Oh well I make these errors often.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down