Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andhra Pradesh: Guntur girl tops in Hindi

3 posters

Go down

Andhra Pradesh: Guntur girl tops in Hindi Empty Andhra Pradesh: Guntur girl tops in Hindi

Post by Guest Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:45 pm

Guntur girl tops in Hindi

Staff Reporter

GUNTUR: A student of Sri Venkateshwara Bala Kuteer, Guntur, Kongara Shruti, has scored the highest marks in Hindi in south zone among the Central Board of Secondary Education schools in the tenth standard public examination. While all students of Kendriya Vidyalaya, Nallapadu, Guntur and Bala Kuteer passed out, Shruti got 97 per cent in Hindi .

---
I would like to give a prize to this girl.

Back to top Go down

Andhra Pradesh: Guntur girl tops in Hindi Empty Re: Andhra Pradesh: Guntur girl tops in Hindi

Post by nevada Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:22 pm

Will we ever read about a hindian getting top marks in a South Indian language?

nevada

Back to top Go down

Andhra Pradesh: Guntur girl tops in Hindi Empty Re: Andhra Pradesh: Guntur girl tops in Hindi

Post by Guest Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:34 pm

nevada wrote:Will we ever read about a hindian getting top marks in a South Indian language?

Should Telugu leaders have taken more interest in promoting their language in Haryana?
---
If I remember correctly from news in the media at that time, Bansi Lal (then CM of Haryana) proposed that Telugu would be taught as 2nd language in Haryana schools leading to future Haryanavis knowing at least two Indian languages, one from North India (Hindi) and the other from South India (Telugu). It was not something planned at the expense of any other language, Punjabi and English for example. The state government was still interested in teaching English etc. in schools, in addition to Telugu as state’s 2nd language.

Haryana Govt. also had the plans, if I remember correctly, to have a special ‘sister states’ relationship between Haryana and Andhra, on the model of sister-cities. Unfortunately, it seems to have been only one-sided ‘love affair’, mainly on the part of Haryana, with little enthusiasm and response from Andhra. Andhra politicians probably did not see much benefit from such cozy relationship with a remote northern state, and might have thought that if Andhras were going to put any effort in north India, it might be better to do with Delhi, for a bigger piece of pie, rather than Haryana or Chandigarh, having little to offer. Needless to say, this one-sided undertaking on the part of Haryanavis, with respect to Andhra and Telugu, was not going to succeed, and that’s what happened.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:42 pm

nevada wrote:Will we ever read about a hindian getting top marks in a South Indian language?
...or in any non-BIMARU subjects?

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:46 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:

Upanisads were composed in Uttar Pradesh. Please stop reading and believing in the Upanisads if you have such a poor opinion of Uttar Pradeshis.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:47 pm

Rashmun wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:

Upanisads were composed in Uttar Pradesh. Please stop reading and believing in the Upanisads if you have such a poor opinion of Uttar Pradeshis.

Also let us not forget that Lord Krishna was an Uttar Pradeshi and so was Lord Rama.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:57 pm

Rashmun wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:

Those who write the Upanishads must have migrated to SI. The current crop in UP is quite BIMARU and they butchered Sanskrit. Lakshman became a cripple Lakhan and Sita became a matronly siya. People have become sikular and are worshipping Aurangazeb and Babar. 

Here is a question for you:  between 600 BC and 600 AD, who performed Aswamedha and Rajasuya in Indian sub-continent?

Here is another one:  in modern India, where can you find Vedic scholars who can perform a yaaga or a yagna?

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:06 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:

Those who write the Upanishads must have migrated to SI. The current crop in UP is quite BIMARU and they butchered Sanskrit. Lakshman became a cripple Lakhan and Sita became a matronly siya. People have become sikular and are worshipping Aurangazeb and Babar. 

Here is a question for you:  between 600 BC and 600 AD, who performed Aswamedha and Rajasuya in Indian sub-continent?

Here is another one:  in modern India, where can you find Vedic scholars who can perform a yaaga or a yagna?

For the first question: Samudragupta. For the second question, it depends. In North India the yajnas are done according to the procedure described in White Yajurveda , while in South India the Black Yajurveda is followed.
However, in the rituals related to death it is generally acknowledged that the Pandas of Kashi and Prayag ( both in Uttar Pradesh) have the most knowledge. Also Hindus should try to do shraddha of their parents and other ancestors at least once in Gaya which is in modern Bihar. I don't know the reason for this but I know that you do since I recall you had once explained the reason to me.

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:49 am

Last night I was passing thru Salem. I saw a chaat place on the busiest commercial street in town. I didn't feel bad about it because I have seen Indians eagerly tearing into their dosas in delhi.Hindians should not limit their interest in south India to food alone. These days lots of them find jobs in south India. It will actually help them if they learn a southern language. Even if you talk just a little of their language, locals appreciate it a lot.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:22 am

Your native language and English makes sense because of future educational or employment requirements. Learning hindi for south Indians or a si language for non si people should be purely optional.
Learn the language if you are moving to a non native area. Europeans do that. But most Indians do not live far beyond their native area. It would no be of any utility for them.

When Indian economy moves people more, people will learn. Artificial laws just create political problems.

I suggest learning hindi but only voluntarily.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:35 am

Rashmun wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:

For the first question: Samudragupta. For the second question, it depends. In North India the yajnas are done according to the procedure described in White Yajurveda , while in South India the Black Yajurveda is followed.
However, in the rituals related to death it is generally acknowledged that the Pandas of Kashi and Prayag ( both in Uttar Pradesh) have the most knowledge. Also Hindus should try to do shraddha of their parents and other ancestors at least once in Gaya which is in modern Bihar. I don't know the reason for this but I know that you do since I recall you had once explained the reason to me.
Samudra Gupta was a rare NI example. 

Sukla and Krishna Yajurveda are followed in both North and South, depending on the lineage and the following.

In ancient times, SI was mostly a forest area. If shraddha is performed in Gaya, that has nothing to do with modern BIMARUs. It is good that SIs still honor that practice (rather than suggest that NI priests should stop reciting mantras like Jagan's odarpu-crying and learn the proper way from the Namboodris and Velanadus).

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:54 am

Vakavaka: according to the wiki article on Yajurveda:

The Taittiriya recension of the Black Yajurveda is the shakha now most prevalent in southern India.

(I ought to have qualified my earlier statement about White Yajurveda being followed in NI and Black Yajurveda in SI with the qualifier "usually").

Wikipedia also says that the Taittriya rescension of the Black Yajurveda originates in Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand ( the Panchala region).

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down