Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new body

2 posters

Go down

new body Empty new body

Post by Guest Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:00 pm

When my older was born, my mom had come here to help out. 3-4 months later, we figured that we (mom, me and older), can all go back to India for 5-6 weeks, and then I will come back with just my baby.

The day we reached India, a cousin came from a neighboring town, and dropped my aunt to live with my parents. She was the widow of my uncle, and had no kids of her own. (She had adopted a nephew, but that's a different story). My cousin was taking care of her, but she needed a more medical + home care, which wasn't possible w/o my mom.

She was probably in her late 60s then, but had been sick for years. Diabetes and mostly heart ailments. She had had a few down moments with health, but this time the heart failure seemed bad. When my mom was away, they would admit her in my city, and then take her back when she was better.

We admitted her the same day she came. When I went to visit her, she told me that this is her last visit to this city. She will not go back to her town alive. I got mad at her and shook my head. She said that's what she thinks.

Anyway, 3-4 days later, she was brought back home, and stayed in my bedroom, along with my mom at nights. I was staying with my then in-laws at the time. However, I would come daily, and when I did, mostly me and/or my 3-month-old would lie next to her. Basically, that room was our frequent hangout, as mom would mostly be there with her. So if I was going anywhere, I would leave my older there and the 2 grandmas would watch out for her.

Seeing my daughter lying next to her, kicking, laughing, crying with full energy made her happy. But in a different way. She would say, 'I want to have a new body too. A healthy new body. No ailments. I want young parents who love me. I want to run like a toddler. I am ready to leave this sick old body'.

Here's to the woman who was a huge part of my childhood. At the time I used to think she was the most beautiful and tallest woman ever born. Had the balance of a ballerina. Could carry like a dozen things together on her hands, shoulder and head, without a single thing falling. For me she was some magical person. The biggest fan of my uncle. I don't think I have ever seen a woman so ultimately in love with and devoted to her husband. Always wore bright colors. Put mehendi on her hands on all religious occasions. Would nag any married woman who was not dressy enough as per her marital code. Was full of life and a big promoter of life. Would keep asking all the young women in the family to have more and more kids (and not stop after 2), no matter how many times they said no lol. Would dance the most on any cousin's wedding, or any kid's birth. I am sure everyone has had that one aunt or grandma like that from that generation.

We shared our love for dogs. She was one of the first ones to call me on my hindu-date birthdays, and send over kaju-katli whenever she could. Dunno how she managed it, but she always managed to keep aside the sweetest red berries for me, knowing I love it. Not one or two bags, heaps of them. If you lived with her more than 1 week, you would come back minimum 5 lbs heavier. Some of the dishes she made, I have never ever had anything like that, ever. She was the only woman in my family who could curse publicly filthy at anyone, (Haryanvi to the core), and yet you could only love and respect her. At the same time, she was the most chill person when she was not hopping mad at someone, which were mostly outsiders who wronged anyone in our family.

2 weeks later she passed away. I felt sad, but not that sad. Maybe her wish came true. I don't care whether this hindu belief is true or not, I want to believe it. She must now be a healthy thriving 15 year old somewhere, and hopefully as breathtakingly beautiful as she was in her past life.

Back to top Go down

new body Empty Re: new body

Post by Guest Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:53 pm

I want to believe it too. YOLO is kinda scary!

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:09 pm

Why do you think that she came back, if she did, only as a 'girl'?

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:18 pm

smArtha wrote:Why do you think that she came back, if she did, only as a 'girl'?

idk, don't they get to keep the gender?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:29 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
smArtha wrote:Why do you think that she came back, if she did, only as a 'girl'?

oh and I think her exact words used to be 'mujhe phir se kisi ki beti banna hain, mujhe phir se pyar karne waale jawan mata pita chahiya'. (I want to become/be called someone's daughter again. I again want young loving parents). I think she was looking at us (young new parents).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:31 pm

Kinnera wrote:I want to believe it too. YOLO is kinda scary!
it=reincarnation.

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:46 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:

Not by Karma Theory. What form, substance, tendencies and circumstances you come back in is a function of that portion of the total karmic baggage (sanchita karma) which is ripened enough and hence sanctioned for experience in that incarnation (prarabdha karma).

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:50 pm

Kinnera wrote:
it=reincarnation.

Why? Any missed out 'opportunities' and 'experiences' you are hoping for in the re-visit :-)

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:59 pm

smArtha wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
it=reincarnation.

Why? Any missed out 'opportunities' and 'experiences' you are hoping for in the re-visit :-)
No, life is good and i don't want it to end here and now. I want it to continue forever! Let the cycle go on :-)

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:36 pm

My talent wishlist for next life,

- singing
- acting
- modeling
- really beautiful curly wavy long hair
- same family
- Nothing is out of reach rich
- a kind heart so I can ensure a good next life.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:43 pm

seven wrote:My talent wishlist for next life,

- singing
- acting
- modeling
- same family
Why can't those be achieved and had in this life?

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:13 pm

Kinnera wrote:

- singing
- acting
- modeling
- same family

I have/had other plans for this life.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:16 pm

seven wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

- singing
- acting
- modeling
- same family

I have/had other plans for this life.
Installments? tongue

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:36 pm

- singing
- acting
- modeling
- same family

be careful what you wish for... but then that's a good punishment to choose, you will appreciate straight hair more in the next one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down