Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

end of regionalism in indian politics?

5 posters

Go down

end of regionalism in indian politics? Empty end of regionalism in indian politics?

Post by truthbetold Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:29 am

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/141019/nation-current-affairs/article/live-election-results-end-regionalism-indian-politics

Good question. Very short but sensible analysis. What is your take?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

end of regionalism in indian politics? Empty Re: end of regionalism in indian politics?

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:53 am

Next Target:

Assam, JK (will do well but not win, but will control in a 3-way split)

Then UP; WB (will become a player in a 3-way)

Then starts the real challenge: TN

But what is disturbing is attributing the win to Modi, modi, and modi..... That is not good at all. That is how dictators are made. Everyone is de facto creating another "high command" of Modi & Shah.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

end of regionalism in indian politics? Empty Re: end of regionalism in indian politics?

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:59 am

I think the author is celebrating prematurely, for crying out loud BJP didn't get majority in Maha. I would wait at least a couple of years before calling it a victory

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:47 am

In mid 80s after Indira murderer, Indian parliament saw a 400 plus for Congress. Swept the country except for ap. After 30 years India gave majority to a single party in a non emotional elections.

1989 _ start of. Multics party govts.
1991 _ economic liberalization
2014 _ revert to single party majority and one national leader

Can modi move the country to next economic level?

If he does, that could consolidate bjp.

But regionalism is a deeper issue. It deals with peoples emotions and aspirations. If modi and/or bjp fail to improve their state economy or respect their culture, regionalism will kickin and. Fight back modi.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:55 am

confuzzled dude wrote:I think the author is celebrating prematurely, for crying out loud BJP didn't get majority in Maha. I would wait at least a couple of years before calling it a victory

I kind of agree with you. There is a strong possibility that some regional players will disappear or become inconsequential, it is too soon to declare their demise. Where I differ with you is that it won't be 2 or 3 years but one or two electoral cycles extending to a decade.

Another form of opposition to modi may emerge as a coalition around Muslims, minorities and sc/st combination. It may be like Congress without Sonia and rahul family. This may be a semi national across stateline amalgamation.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:57 pm

It is really a gloomy day for a large number of Sikularists - Laloo, Mualayam, Nitish, Hooda, K'nidhi, Jagan, Owaisi (LOL), Bakri Imam Bukhari (LOL), etc., etc.

May be, on this Diwali, the celebration should be on elimination of the Sikular Demon.

Incidentally, speaking of Sikularism, I notice that Pappu is in Vizag and appalammas are going gaga to see what he looks like! This is really shameful. After what he and his mother did to AP, that family should never be forgiven.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:19 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:It is really a gloomy day for a large number of Sikularists - Laloo, Mualayam, Nitish, Hooda, K'nidhi, Jagan, Owaisi (LOL), Bakri Imam Bukhari (LOL), etc., etc.

May be, on this Diwali, the celebration should be on elimination of the Sikular Demon.

Incidentally, speaking of Sikularism, I notice that Pappu is in Vizag and appalammas are going gaga to see what he looks like! This is really shameful. After what he and his mother did to AP, that family should never be forgiven.

The Hyderabad-based Majlis-e-Ittihadul Muslimeen or MIM staged a coup in Maharashtra by winning two seats, stunning its rivals in a free-for-all contest.

In its first attempt to expand outside Hyderabad and have a pan-India presence, the Asaduddin Owaisi-led party bagged the prestigious Byculla seat in Mumbai and the Aurangabad Central and East seats in the 288-member Maharashtra Assembly.

In Byculla, the party's Warish Yusuf Pathan bagged 25,314 votes, trouncing BJP strongman Madhukar G Chavan and Akhil Bharatiya Sena's Geeta Gawli, wife of former don Arun Gawli.

TV journalist-turned-politician Imtiyaz Jalil was elected from Aurangabad Central, defeating his nearest Shiv Sena rival Pradeep Jaiswal by 30,000 votes.

In Aurangabad East, the MIM's Dr Abdul Gaffar Qadri lost by a slender margin while the state MIM chief Syed Moeen finished third in Nanded. The party had fielded 24 candidates and backed an independent.

A key political force in Hyderabad, MIM has seven legislators in 119-member Telangana Assembly. It has also been dominating the Hyderabad Lok Sabha seat for last three decades. Asaduddin Owaisi was re-elected to Parliament for the third consecutive term in May.

Scores of supporters of the party celebrated the victory at Darussalam, the party headquarters in Mumbai. A stream of workers and supporters were seen congratulating the MIM chief and his younger brother Akbaruddin Owaisi, who aggressively campaigned in Mumbai and parts of Marathwada.

The MIM leaders felt it was a big achievement for the party considering that it did not have any organisational structure in the state and majority of its candidates were political novices.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/maharashtra-election-results-asaduddin-owaisi-mim-warish-yusuf-pathan-imtiyaz-jalil-abdul-gaffar-qadri/1/396654.html

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:55 pm

Rash
What are you gloating about ? Mim is the most communal anti national party. It goes to some new place and rises communal feelings and wins a seat or two. That is cause for concern .  Mim is a dirt bag and should be exposed. 
Any one thinking it is secular is a big stupid idiot.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:15 pm

truthbetold wrote:Rash
What are you gloating about ? Mim is the most communal anti national party. It goes to some new place and rises communal feelings and wins a seat or two. That is cause for concern .  Mim is a dirt bag and should be exposed. 

I never said it is secular. Of course it is communal and it is against the long term interests of Indian Muslims to support such a party. But I have a theory: the MIM received funding from the BJP to contest seats in the Maharashtra assembly elections--the objective being primarily to hurt the Congress by taking away a section of the Muslim vote.

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:17 pm

Rash
Don't have a clue.  Congress better find some real grassroots organizers.  They should study what ysr did as opposition leader in ap and learn from that. The usual trick of waiting for opposition coalition to self destruct is not going to work.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:13 pm

Rashmun wrote:

I never said it is secular. Of course it is communal and it is against the long term interests of Indian Muslims to support such a party. But I have a theory: the MIM received funding from the BJP to contest seats in the Maharashtra assembly elections--the objective being primarily to hurt the Congress by taking away a section of the Muslim vote.
Rubbish. MIM winning in Mumbai is a dangerous sign of a bigger problem in incubation. Modi should quietly ensure that Mumbai and Hyderabad won't get radicalized. The Owaisi family is anti-national and is waiting for an opportune time to release its poison. They are a bigger monster than the Hurriyat in Kashmir. They are viscerally anti-Hindu and both CONmen and TRS goons have been playing with fire. Telangana, to begin with is vulnerable to Naxalite resurgence. If Muslims of Hyderabad are radicalized, it will become a bigger national security issue. Mumbai should not be allowed to become a haven to Islamist radicals. 

Mamata is also playing with fire for votes in WB. Hopefully, she will realize, sooner than later, that she is creating a national security issue in her state. Nitish, K'nidhi, MullahYama, etc., are also contributing to the problem. Marginalizing CONartists won't be enough in this regard. The country should come together and put a lid on Sikular marginalization of security in India.

Akbaruddin Owaisi (the younger brother of MIM MP Owaisi) is quietly happy and waiting to strengthen anti-national elements in Hyderabad AND Mumbai before showing his poisonous fangs.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:57 pm

Rashmun wrote:

This is really sad. I'm not very sure of BJP funds going towards MIM but both are two sides of the same coin i.e. communal parties. I believe MIM's success is direct result of BJP's success, muslims think this is the only way to counter pro-hindu BJP.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:08 pm

truthbetold wrote:In mid 80s after Indira murderer,  Indian parliament saw a 400 plus for Congress. Swept the country except for ap. After 30 years India gave majority to a single party in a non emotional elections.

1989 _ start of. Multics party govts.
 1991 _ economic liberalization
 2014 _ revert to single party majority and one national leader

Can modi move the country to next economic level?

If he does,  that could consolidate bjp.

But regionalism is a deeper issue. It deals with peoples emotions and aspirations. If modi and/or bjp fail to improve their state economy or respect their culture,  regionalism will kickin and. Fight back modi.

Regionalism gained when the center was increasingly corrupt and the regionalists played on local pride. But, there is not a SINGLE regional party that is free of mega corruption. Naturally, the local pride can only work so far and with a center free of corruption allegations (till now), people hope for better days from the nationalists.

BJP had only 40 seats in Maha and with no regional leader to mention managed to get 120 seats. That in itself a huge victory - despite CD consoling himself that BJP did not get a majority. Imagine what would have been BJP's fate if SS had won 120 and BJP 60...

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:10 am

And now Owaisi says he is going to focus on Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal, etc:

http://zeenews.india.com/news/india/mim-will-now-focus-on-up-west-bengal-owaisi_1487242.html

This is excellent news for the BJP. In UP, Owaisi will be taking away the Muslim vote from Mayawati and Mulayam. One should not be surprised if BJP is secretly funding Owaisi.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:34 pm

I can nassuredly say that "nationalism" will not end in TN because this Modi fellow got majority for BJP at center. For one, BJP has only 1 seat won with the help of 3 at least nominally national parties PMK, MDMK and DMDK.

Nationalism is here to stay in TN, DMK and ADMK will grow eating T EACh other but not giving more than an inch to NI parties.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down