Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NDA falls short of expectations

3 posters

Go down

NDA falls short of expectations Empty NDA falls short of expectations

Post by confuzzled dude Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:08 am

(Reuters) - India will fall well short of its $9.5 billion privatization target this year, despite a big stock market rally that has attracted foreign investors, two government sources told Reuters.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi's ambitious selloff agenda has met resistance from labor unions and faces delays due to bureaucratic upheaval caused by a purge of the top team at the finance ministry that handles asset sales.
In his maiden budget, Jaitley set a target of raising 584 billion rupees ($9.5 billion) from the sale of shares in companies in which the state has majority and minority stakes.

Yet the government has so far raised 518 million rupees, less than one thousandth of its target, with more than half of the fiscal year gone. The budget assumes that sell-off proceeds will generate 5.6 percent of total revenues.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/11/06/us-india-privatisation-exclusive-idUSKBN0IQ15520141106

-> despite getting a break from dropping oil prices and global economy in general; a reality check for Modi the fekuster..

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

NDA falls short of expectations Empty Re: NDA falls short of expectations

Post by Guest Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:26 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
(Reuters) - India will fall well short of its $9.5 billion privatization target this year, despite a big stock market rally that has attracted foreign investors, two government sources told Reuters.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi's ambitious selloff agenda has met resistance from labor unions and faces delays due to bureaucratic upheaval caused by a purge of the top team at the finance ministry that handles asset sales.
In his maiden budget, Jaitley set a target of raising 584 billion rupees ($9.5 billion) from the sale of shares in companies in which the state has majority and minority stakes.

Yet the government has so far raised 518 million rupees, less than one thousandth of its target, with more than half of the fiscal year gone. The budget assumes that sell-off proceeds will generate 5.6 percent of total revenues.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/11/06/us-india-privatisation-exclusive-idUSKBN0IQ15520141106

-> despite getting a break from dropping oil prices and global economy in general; a reality check for Modi the fekuster..

do you read what you post/quote? how can labour unions resist the state's divestment of equity in a PSU? are you a fekuster? 

edit. like an occasional drinker that i am, i will continue to be an occasional participant i feel.

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:47 am

madrasi_idiot wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

do you read what you post/quote? how can labour unions resist the state's divestment of equity in a PSU? are you a fekuster? 

edit. like an occasional drinker that i am, i will continue to be an occasional participant i feel.
and you claim that you live in India and own a business.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:52 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
madrasi_idiot wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

yes. your point?

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:11 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
madrasi_idiot wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

businessman living in india no match for wapo blog intellectual

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:23 pm

http://www.financialexpress.com/article/industry/banking-finance/unions-threats-may-create-hurdles-for-narendra-modi-governments-public-sector-bank-reform-push/25894/

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:02 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:

Of course....CONg(i) and the Gang exceeded people's expectations - in corruption, greed, looting, and anti-hinduism.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down