Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mormon Founder Joseph Smith married 40 women

4 posters

Go down

Mormon Founder Joseph Smith married 40 women Empty Mormon Founder Joseph Smith married 40 women

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:46 am

....Smith's marital history had been the subject of frequent historical debate, but until recently Mormon leaders had taken pains to present its founding prophet as happily married to one woman. Now, the church says, "careful estimates put the number between 30 and 40."

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Mormon Founder Joseph Smith married 40 women Empty Re: Mormon Founder Joseph Smith married 40 women

Post by nevada Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:51 am

"According to the church's essay, Smith had not wanted to take multiple wives, but relented after an angel appeared to him three times between 1834-1842. On the angel's last visit, the church said, "the angel came with a drawn sword, threatening Joseph with destruction unless he went forward and obeyed the commandment fully.""

nevada

Back to top Go down

Mormon Founder Joseph Smith married 40 women Empty Re: Mormon Founder Joseph Smith married 40 women

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:54 am

nevada wrote:"According to the church's essay, Smith had not wanted to take multiple wives, but relented after an angel appeared to him three times between 1834-1842. On the angel's last visit, the church said, "the angel came with a drawn sword, threatening Joseph with destruction unless he went forward and obeyed the commandment fully.""

Actually God has sought an appointment with me in my dream on friday to discuss the importance of having affairs with SuCHinis. If he threatens me, then I will have no choice but to obey his orders.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:57 am

nevada wrote:  take multiple wives, ..

"the angel came with a drawn sword, threatening Joseph with destruction unless he went forward and obeyed the commandment fully.""
>>>Is this what they call a Hobson's choice?

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:29 am

You guys are just jealous! If the 40 women are not complaining/complained who are you guys to judge him Smile j/k.

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down