Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

obama credits modi for wto deal

3 posters

Go down

obama credits modi for wto deal Empty obama credits modi for wto deal

Post by truthbetold Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:17 pm

http://www.thehindu.com/news/obama-credits-modi-for-wto-deal/article6597788.ece?homepage=true

someone was rubbishing modi about wto deal few ago.  Would like to hear from him on obama's comments.

Let me guess, the  obstinate modi is now a sell out to  imperial forces.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

obama credits modi for wto deal Empty Re: obama credits modi for wto deal

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:49 pm

Obama knows "Gita". He recognizes the "karma yogi" in Modi.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:07 pm

truthbetold wrote:http://www.thehindu.com/news/obama-credits-modi-for-wto-deal/article6597788.ece?homepage=true

someone was rubbishing modi about wto deal few ago.  Would like to hear from him on obama's comments.

Let me guess, the  obstinate modi is now a sell out to  imperial forces.
I don't see it as any different from the previous deal, I don't think WTO is going to wait forever for permanent solution, they will force us to find a solution sooner than later i.e. in about 3-5 years.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:27 am

It is India that would prefer a quicker resolution , i.e., allowance for Indian subsidies. So CDs point is meaningless.

US strategy is probably to wait for a next economic turn when India needs something really bad to give up resistance on trade deal. Or they may wait for a more plaint govt.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:04 am

truthbetold wrote:It is India that would prefer a quicker resolution , i.e., allowance for Indian subsidies. So CDs point is meaningless.

US strategy is probably to wait for a next economic turn when India needs something really bad to give up resistance on trade deal. Or they may wait for a more plaint govt.
Meaningless what? India's contention was it isn't comfortable with 2017 deadline, are you saying that the they can fix their mess before that? Or are you saying that status quo is what India prefers

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:14 am

The agreement between India and US is that US will support 'peace clause' that will allow india to collect and store more than 10% of food grains till the issue is resolved. Now the wto will take that into consideration and make necessary changes. So 2017 is not an issue for India now.

But historically countries like India get into economic tight corners where the powerful OECD countries will extract concessions to get them out of the jam. This issue may be resolved in one of those tight corners. That is the harsh reality of haves and havenots. Haves can wait for time to strike.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:41 am

nothing that modi does does will ever make confuzzled d00d happy. waah waah boo hoooooooooo obama credits modi for wto deal Cry10

obama is going to attend our republic day parade. more waah waah boo hoooo obama credits modi for wto deal Cry10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down