Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obama speech on immigration - what do you think?

5 posters

Go down

Obama speech on immigration - what do you think? Empty Obama speech on immigration - what do you think?

Post by truthbetold Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:39 pm

I heard it on bloomberg. 

Most important point is if you are a parent of a US citizen and in US for more than 5 years (applies to those who came in illegally and had one or more children in US) , you are eligible for a work permit without the fear of deportation. However that person has to go back in line on immigration line. 

I think it is a bold and appropriate step by Obama.  I think Obama in his second term is more emphatic and people oriented. Extreme repubs oppose him on every issue and frustrate US economic growth by creating hindrance at every step. 

Obama's road is tough and full of pitfalls. His strategy may fail.  I feel SC may even over turn his signature achievement Obamacare in the case before it.

Can Obama survive this gamble?  Can he beat back repub anger?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Obama speech on immigration - what do you think? Empty Re: Obama speech on immigration - what do you think?

Post by nevada Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:31 pm

truthbetold wrote:I heard it on bloomberg. 

Most important point is if you are a parent of a US citizen and in US for more than 5 years (applies to those who came in illegally and had one or more children in US) , you are eligible for a work permit without the fear of deportation. However that person has to go back in line on immigration line. 

I think it is a bold and appropriate step by Obama.  I think Obama in his second term is more emphatic and people oriented. Extreme repubs oppose him on every issue and frustrate US economic growth by creating hindrance at every step. 

Obama's road is tough and full of pitfalls. His strategy may fail.  I feel SC may even over turn his signature achievement Obamacare in the case before it.

As long as they can work here with a permit, being in the so called immigration line is a non issue. They can't travel outside of the US but why would they want to do that?

nevada

Back to top Go down

Obama speech on immigration - what do you think? Empty Re: Obama speech on immigration - what do you think?

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:59 pm

He just put the ball in the republican's court. This is not a real solution.

What if the illegals "come out" and the Rpubs use the list to throw them out - should the courts disagree with Obama or a new law is passed by the republican congress/Senate?

It makes neither side happy.

Obama is a Wuss - he wants to be seen as a brave fella but in reality, a typical wussy Immigrant-like person.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:43 pm

"What if the illegals "come out" and the Rpubs use the list to throw them out - should the courts disagree with Obama or a new law is passed by the republican congress/Senate?"

All real possibilities but what other options does he have?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:49 pm

truthbetold wrote:"What if the illegals "come out" and the Rpubs use the list to throw them out - should the courts disagree with Obama or a new law is passed by the republican congress/Senate?"

All real possibilities but what other options does he have?

Either give them all GC outlining a set of guidelines (then the repubs will have to fight the 10+ million hispanics.)

Or declare them all illegals and order them deported with a set of guidelines - AND requesting the congress ALL the money needed for this operation.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:52 pm

truthbetold wrote:I heard it on bloomberg. 

I was biased against Obama even before starting listening to his 15 min speech. I had made up my mind against anything he says.

But not a word he said in his speech that I could not approve.

He's not providing amnesty to illegals and I agree with what he's trying to do. I'm still against providing citizenship to illegals which Obama too is not supporting.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:15 pm

truthbetold wrote:Most important point is if you are a parent of a US citizen and in US for more than 5 years (applies to those who came in illegally and had one or more children in US) , you are eligible for a work permit without the fear of deportation. However that person has to go back in line on immigration line. 

Translation: If you have relatives who can make a difference in the elections, I will do something for you even if you are here illegally. For the rest of you losers who are here legally and languishing in long, bureaucratic queues, I will not do anything to help you. I will only make the queues longer.

The two most obvious changes he seems to be making for legal immigration is to allow H4s to get EADs and widen the scope of the OPT program, both of which are designed to provide more cheap labor to greedy American corps, while adding to the legal immigration bureaucratic work load and waiting lists.

What is not clear: How will the burden of processing paperwork for an additional 5 million people be handled so that the processing of the legal queue is not adversely affected?

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:16 pm

SomeProfile wrote:
truthbetold wrote:Most important point is if you are a parent of a US citizen and in US for more than 5 years (applies to those who came in illegally and had one or more children in US) , you are eligible for a work permit without the fear of deportation. However that person has to go back in line on immigration line. 

Translation: If you have relatives who can make a difference in the elections, I will do something for you even if you are here illegally. For the rest of you losers who are here legally and languishing in long, bureaucratic queues, I will not do anything to help you. I will only make the queues longer.

The two most obvious changes he seems to be making for legal immigration is to allow H4s to get EADs and widen the scope of the OPT program, both of which are designed to provide more cheap labor to greedy American corps, while adding to the legal immigration bureaucratic work load and waiting lists.

What is not clear: How will the burden of processing paperwork for an additional 5 million people be handled so that the processing of the legal queue is not adversely affected?
Obama speech on immigration - what do you think? 020212340

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down