Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Menstruation and Indian superstitions

2 posters

Go down

Menstruation and Indian superstitions Empty Menstruation and Indian superstitions

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:24 am

....My classmates and I went inside and marveled at the carvings (or picked our noses; I don't remember). As we exited, another teacher pulled me aside and asked me if I had my period. I said yes. Her expression changed instantly and in a terrifying, angry voice, she told me this: "How did you go inside the temple then? Don't you know you're not supposed to? Hasn't your mother told you that you can't step inside a temple when you have your period? Call your mother tomorrow; I want to meet her!"

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Menstruation and Indian superstitions Empty Re: Menstruation and Indian superstitions

Post by Kris Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:48 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

....My classmates and I went inside and marveled at the carvings (or picked our noses; I don't remember). As we exited, another teacher pulled me aside and asked me if I had my period. I said yes. Her expression changed instantly and in a terrifying, angry voice, she told me this:  "How did you go inside the temple then? Don't you know you're not supposed to? Hasn't your mother told you that you can't step inside a temple when you have your period? Call your mother tomorrow; I want to meet her!"
> Is the teacher curious about the mother's menstrual cycle too?

Kris

Back to top Go down