Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Indian Muslims are Islamic State-proof

2 posters

Go down

Indian Muslims are Islamic State-proof Empty Indian Muslims are Islamic State-proof

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:23 pm

Have you studied why India hasn’t seen such big numbers of AQ/IS recruitment? Especially given it has the second highest population of Muslims…..

Well I’ve had a chance to talk to people in the government here, and what they tell me, and I believe it, is that it is because of the culture of India. It is an open society, there are great opportunities for individuals to have a voice, and to address grievances. That doesn’t exist in a lot of places. India respects Human rights, has democratic values, and it turns out that those are patterns that allow for individuals to feel included in society. In the absence of all of those, it is likely the individual can feel alienated, its much more difficult to find an outlet for your grievances, so to the extent that India was born a multi-cultural mutli-ethnic multi-denominational society that embraces that diversity, it does as a democracy seek voices for the voiceless. That could be one of the reasons it is not seeing this problem of radicalisation.
http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/interview-with-former-homeland-security-senior-official-david-heyman/article7058136.ece?homepage=true

Our priayatam nayak Modiji & his culturally-nationalistic-cohorts want to make sure that this will no longer be the case.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Indian Muslims are Islamic State-proof Empty Re: Indian Muslims are Islamic State-proof

Post by Hellsangel Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:26 pm

Today's Modi chalisa done, Comrade?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down