Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Law School Grads - even from Columbia

3 posters

Go down

Law School Grads - even from Columbia Empty Law School Grads - even from Columbia

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat May 02, 2015 9:51 pm

.....Struggle...

When I found out that my real estate agent was a Lawyer I assumed it was bcz he was from a no-name school and perhaps not too bright....and then I heard/read some bad stories...and now this...

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Law School Grads - even from Columbia Empty Re: Law School Grads - even from Columbia

Post by swapna Sun May 03, 2015 9:56 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

.....Struggle...

When I found out that my real estate agent was a Lawyer I assumed it was bcz he was from a no-name school and perhaps not too bright....and then I heard/read some bad stories...and now this...

I detect schadenfreude.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Law School Grads - even from Columbia Empty Re: Law School Grads - even from Columbia

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun May 03, 2015 10:31 am

swapna wrote:

.....Struggle...

I detect schadenfreude.

Of course you see in everything what you are famous for as we see here all the time.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 03, 2015 11:36 am

swapna wrote:

.....Struggle...

I detect schadenfreude.
tumhra gand hai schadenfreude

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sun May 03, 2015 2:49 pm

.....Struggle...

>>>You mean the rest of the world caught on? If there is any value added, it is mainly in the minds of the practitioners of this mumbo jumbo. Every freaking document has to be re-done and nuanced to the point of insanity and every simple business decision has to be vetted and re-vetted in the name of fending off potential legal problems (of course, said problems are created by former classmates of your Counsel, but never mind that). I am surprised why so many bright minds sign up for this and shell hundreds of thousands of dollars for this "education".

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun May 03, 2015 3:51 pm

Kris wrote:

.....Struggle...

>>>You mean the rest of the world caught on? If there is any value added, it is mainly in the minds of the practitioners of this mumbo jumbo. Every freaking document has to be re-done and nuanced to the point of insanity and every simple business decision has to be vetted and re-vetted in the name of fending off potential legal problems (of course, said problems are created by former classmates of your Counsel, but never mind that). I am surprised why so many bright minds sign up for this and shell hundreds of thousands of dollars for this "education".

Agreed 102%. Add the Business school grads to this list. But, I was just pointing out the gap between the expectations and dreams and the reality. I heard somewhere unless one gets a law or a business degree in the top 50% of their class from the top 30 schools, these degrees are just as good as the ones from colleges run by desi politicians.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down