Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

is senior BJP leader Advani suggesting that his erstwhile disciple Narendra Modi could impose another Emergency in India?

Go down

is senior BJP leader Advani suggesting that his erstwhile disciple Narendra Modi could impose another Emergency in India? Empty is senior BJP leader Advani suggesting that his erstwhile disciple Narendra Modi could impose another Emergency in India?

Post by Guest Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:16 am

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-others/forces-that-can-crush-democracy-are-stronger-i-dont-have-the-confidence-it-emergency-cannot-happen-again-l-k-advani/

Back to top Go down

is senior BJP leader Advani suggesting that his erstwhile disciple Narendra Modi could impose another Emergency in India? Empty Re: is senior BJP leader Advani suggesting that his erstwhile disciple Narendra Modi could impose another Emergency in India?

Post by Guest Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:19 am

Advani, in the interview, described Emergency as a crime perpetrated by the then Prime Minister Indira Gandhi's government that is still to be fully acknowledged by the Congress. "There aren't enough safeguards in India in 2015," he said.
The BJP veteran added, "I do not see any sign in our polity that assures me, any outstanding aspect of leadership. A commitment to democracy and to all other aspects related to democracy is lacking."
Advani's remarks are certain to cause some embarrassment to the Narendra Modi-led government, which is already facing intense fire from the Opposition-led by Congress over the controversy surrounding External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj. Congress is demanding Swaraj's immediate sacking over reports that she helped former Indian Premier League (IPL) czar Lalit Modi procure UK travel documents.
Another BJP leader and Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhra Raje is also facing flak for reportedly helping Lalit Modi, who is living in UK on a self-imposed exile since 2010.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/advani-emergency-40th-anniversary-bjp-indira-gandhi/1/445299.html

Back to top Go down