Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Parenting question / advice

+2
artood2
harharmahadev
6 posters

Go down

Parenting question / advice Empty Parenting question / advice

Post by harharmahadev Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:32 pm

I'm at an amusement park with family. 5 year old starts gargling with coke loudly. What do you do?

harharmahadev

http://www.desichatter.com

Back to top Go down

Parenting question / advice Empty Re: Parenting question / advice

Post by Guest Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:41 pm

harharmahadev wrote:I'm at an amusement park with family. 5 year old starts gargling with coke loudly. What do you do?

Nothing.

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:43 pm

harharmahadev wrote:I'm at an amusement park with family. 5 year old starts gargling with coke loudly. What do you do?

Buy those souvenir cups that allow for cheap refills. That would come in handy if he/she needs to gargle more.
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:54 pm

Take away the coke. If she cries for it, tell her she gets it only if she doesn't gargle with it.

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:57 pm

kinnera wrote:

Take away the coke. If she cries for it, tell her she gets it only if she doesn't gargle with it.

someone took the bait.
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:10 am

artood2 wrote:
kinnera wrote:

someone took the bait.

That is Kinny for ya...

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Absolute Zero Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:45 am

Post it on CH, that's what you already did. Why ask?

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:47 am

Feed her a sunnunda (urad dal laddu). That will buy you an hour of quiet (they say that it's very difficult to let out any sound through your mouth when eating this sweet). here is one recipe that I googled.

http://raajis-kitchen.blogspot.com/2008/10/sunnunda-urad-dal-laddoo.html

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:17 am

I would stare at them such a way that they will never ever do that again. Lately I found out that I have staring powers...too bad that I realized it very lately, yep it's better than never.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:24 am

good troll.

First of all a five year old should NOT be drinking coke. Anyway, to stop this specific behaviour, I'd simply ask them if they wanna have black teeth by 17 and lose them by 20. Usually they even stop drinking coke itself. Forger running it through all their gums and teeth.

For other instances, you gotta tell them about manners, and all tha jazz. When that fails, I start counting backwards from 5. So far, I've never reached 1. Guess they don't wanna find out what happens at 1. Ya having a crazy reputation helps.

Back to top Go down

Post by harharmahadev Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:38 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:good troll.

First of all a five year old should NOT be drinking coke. Anyway, to stop this specific behaviour, I'd simply ask them if they wanna have black teeth by 17 and lose them by 20. Usually they even stop drinking coke itself. Forger running it through all their gums and teeth.

For other instances, you gotta tell them about manners, and all tha jazz. When that fails, I start counting backwards from 5. So far, I've never reached 1. Guess they don't wanna find out what happens at 1. Ya having a crazy reputation helps.

No bait here....genuine question.

Thanks for the advice everyone.

I yelled at her. Mom is upset for yelling for such a trivial thing. I didn't think it was trivial. There is an ongoing domestic dispute on this matter.

harharmahadev

http://www.desichatter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down