Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rutgers' $1.2M house for sale

3 posters

Go down

Rutgers' $1.2M house for sale Empty Rutgers' $1.2M house for sale

Post by Guest Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:06 pm

http://www.nj.com/education/2015/10/for_sale_18th_century_rutgers_mansion_needs_work.html#comments

More than a decade ago, Rutgers University officials paid $1.2 million for an 18th century mansion on a bluff overlooking Johnson Park in Piscataway.

The plan was to restore the grand fixer-upper back to its Colonial Era glory and turn it into a showplace house for the Rutgers president. But the university's budget problems put the project on hold and the 275-year-old house remained boarded up and largely forgotten.

Earlier this week, the Rutgers Board of Governors decided it was time to give up on the property. The board voted unanimously to put the dilapidated house up for sale.

Rutgers' $1.2M house for sale -d15dd7906193ccac

Back to top Go down

Rutgers' $1.2M house for sale Empty Re: Rutgers' $1.2M house for sale

Post by Seva Lamberdar Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:53 pm

needs a lot of work.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:13 pm

It is the perfect time to sell this house. Pitch it like it's haunted. There are 18th century people still living in the house. Spooky October makes people act on impulses. I know if I had 1 million dollars I'd buy which house.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:54 pm

seven wrote:It is the perfect time to sell this house. Pitch it like it's haunted. There are 18th century people still living in the house. Spooky October makes people act on impulses. I know if I had 1 million dollars I'd buy which house.

ya dunno what'd be worse. you getting 1 million dollars, or not getting it. Trying to think from your husband's perspective hehe.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:22 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
seven wrote:It is the perfect time to sell this house. Pitch it like it's haunted. There are 18th century people still living in the house. Spooky October makes people act on impulses. I know if I had 1 million dollars I'd buy which house.

ya dunno what'd be worse. you getting 1 million dollars, or not getting it. Trying to think from your husband's perspective hehe.
>>I think an investor can really play up the historic aspect after refurbishing it.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:01 pm

Kris wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:

>>I think an investor can really play up the historic aspect after refurbishing it.

was picking on the haunted house appeal of it lol. maybe i have seen too many horror movies.

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:08 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
Kris wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:

was picking on the haunted house appeal of it lol. maybe i have seen too many horror movies.
that's the pitch kiddo that will sell this house. lets hope other people/buyers have watched enough horror flicks too WinkWink

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down