Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

upset

3 posters

Go down

upset Empty upset

Post by Guest Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:45 pm

what upsets her is not that the affair ended;
and not how it went bitter on both ends;
but what upsets her is how...
she feels nothing when she sees him

Back to top Go down

upset Empty Re: upset

Post by seven Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:05 pm

Is that haiku too?

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:11 pm

seven wrote:Is that haiku too?

it's easy enough to google the structure of a haiku poem to answer your own question.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:24 pm

here is a haiku:

seven asks inane
questions that can be answered
by doing a google search
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:56 pm

corrected:

seven asks inane
searching on google
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:13 am

As the form has evolved, many of these rules—including the 5/7/5 practice—have been routinely broken. However, the philosophy of haiku has been preserved: the focus on a brief moment in time; a use of provocative, colorful images; an ability to be read in one breath; and a sense of sudden enlightenment and illumination.

you talked about all eternity- what seven does always does. not something seven did in a brief moment in time.

there was no enlightenment in the end. i knew it was about google search after first line. 

Finicky
belligerent professor n blameless
shot at haiku by Max

try again

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:59 am

seven wrote:As the form has evolved, many of these rules—including the 5/7/5 practice—have been routinely broken. However, the philosophy of haiku has been preserved: the focus on a brief moment in time; a use of provocative, colorful images; an ability to be read in one breath; and a sense of sudden enlightenment and illumination.

you talked about all eternity- what seven does always does. not something seven did in a brief moment in time.

there was no enlightenment in the end. i knew it was about google search after first line. 

Finicky
belligerent professor n blameless
shot at haiku by Max

try again

if you break the rule, it isn't a haiku poem any longer. the beauty of haiku arises from the constraints imposed on the number of syllables, and the creativity that arises despite and because of the constraints. i wasn't trying to write a great or even a good haiku poem. i was simply demonstrating the form to you. belligerent? hardly!
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:05 am

here are some really good haikus i've enjoyed reading recently following the black lives matter movement (http://manyvoicescambridge.wix.com/manyvoices#!city-voices/c1sxh)

i really liked this:

My Black newborn son
Cradled in my arms today
Will he reach manhood?

~ Susan
Mother, Mid-Cambridge
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:46 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:corrected:

seven asks inane
searching on google
Inane? Seriously?
If you can't answer my
Questions don't give homework

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSeeker Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:39 pm

Detachment.

Much has been written on - Should one be like a wall in a so-called detached "equilibrium" state with no feelings, be it happiness or sadness - or should one be actually to feel something?

Are U turning into a Buddha?

From what I have learnt after questioning a lot to the wise is - Detachment is NOT lack of attachment (feelings) - Detachment is a state wherein you are still doing, feeling in your "actions/life". You are detached to the "results".

I am still trying to figure out the difference - how can one feel happy in action but not in result? how can one feel sad in action but not in result? 

When actions almost always define result?

Anyways.

My take - Learn to smile, ALWAYS. All this BS Phillo aside.

(-:
TS.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:26 pm

TruthSeeker wrote:Detachment.

Much has been written on - Should one be like a wall in a so-called detached "equilibrium" state with no feelings, be it happiness or sadness - or should one be actually to feel something?

Are U turning into a Buddha?

From what I have learnt after questioning a lot to the wise is - Detachment is NOT lack of attachment (feelings) - Detachment is a state wherein you are still doing, feeling in your "actions/life". You are detached to the "results".

I am still trying to figure out the difference - how can one feel happy in action but not in result? how can one feel sad in action but not in result? 

When actions almost always define result?

Anyways.

My take - Learn to smile, ALWAYS. All this BS Phillo aside.

(-:
TS.
when i try to become detached, i go into depression. it's boring. when everything is fine all the time for all eternity, what do we have to look forward to. I think god was bored of being all happy all the time in perfect equilibrium and that's why he created the world and chaos etc.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down