Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

on why First Lady of Sri Lanka is upset (Cricket)

4 posters

Go down

on why First Lady of Sri Lanka is upset (Cricket) Empty on why First Lady of Sri Lanka is upset (Cricket)

Post by Another Brick Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:03 am

J Mahela is upset these days. that is mainly because whenever he wants to travel outside the island, he requests the host country's embassy to allow him to carry with him 22 X 5 yards of soil from SSC, Colombo. of course the embassy refuses such an unprecedented request and then J Mahela scores 4,6,5,6,4,5,6,4,5,5,6,4,4,5,6,6 runs in away tours.

here is J Mahela in the last two years outside 22 X 5 @ SSC.

4, 15, 49, 25, 4, 6, 26, 4, 6, 5, 39, 20 (Avg 17.08).

poor guy, he can't even ask for his dues to SL cricket board.

guesswork - what do you think his average in SA will be? i say 21. steyn, morkel and other quota bowlers are not going to show any mercy.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

on why First Lady of Sri Lanka is upset (Cricket) Empty Re: on why First Lady of Sri Lanka is upset (Cricket)

Post by doofus_maximus Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:10 pm

LOL @ Mahela. Atleast SL played well against England in England unlike India.

I think Pakistan is a solid team right now. They will beat most of the teams (Incl Ind, SA or Aus) if they played a full test series.

ASIDE>
You who I find the funniest... Bangla fans and their godawful cricketers.

Their fans think they can beat anybody in the world and scream and yell at other teams' players non-stop.

I happen to have the tape of Ind Vs Bangla WC ODI (Sehwag shredded them to pieces). The crowd was going berserk as if they could chase 370 odd runs. They refuse to believe that they have a shitty team.

I watched the recent Bangla-Pak game where Afridi demolished them and the crowd were screaming and shouting as if they were winning the WC.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

on why First Lady of Sri Lanka is upset (Cricket) Empty Re: on why First Lady of Sri Lanka is upset (Cricket)

Post by doofus_maximus Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:44 pm

Bangla fans threw stones at the umpires' car
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:27 am

yes, bangla team is the sh!ttiest ever. they have been playing cricket for over a decade, but nothing in their game suggests that they have that experience. they should be banned from playing tests. one may say IND, SL and NZ took years to register a test victory, but those times were different. there were teams like ENG, WI and AUS dominating the scene. these days, BAN have ZIM, WI and NZ for the company, so their performance should be much better than it is.

yesterday, when all looked set for them to win the last ODI, they threw it away. BAN fans are most idiotic, agree. everything about BAN cricket looks so silly and amateur.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:39 am

and pedestrian BAN folds for 135 on the first day of the first test. ICC should do something about ZIM, NZ, WI and BAN. i think they should be played among themselves and leave the serious business of real cricket to IND, ENG, PAK, SA, AUS and SL.

and i think it is about time SA cricketers started playing for NZ rather than ENG. i am sure, they will be welcomed in NZ. imagine someone like pietersen or trott in NZ lineup.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:35 am

SL 91/4 in 30. First Lady makes 30. not bad. if only Steyn had bowled more before lunch, you would have seen him getting out well below 15.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:03 am

SL 175/8 in 47. Philander takes five. Again. It appears that SA's quota system is working at least in the bowling dept.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:51 am

Philander bowls at 130 ish and keeps getting wickets. His can extract bounce and moves the ball both ways off the seam. Wonder how he will do in subcontinent pitches.

After the demolition by the Pakistan, it is time for SAffies to ride Lankan asses. OH it is beautiful to see Mahela and others put in their places.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:29 pm

doofus_maximus wrote:
After the demolition by the Pakistan, it is time for SAffies to ride Lankan asses. OH it is beautiful to see Mahela and others put in their places.

i don't have much respect for SL cricketers except KS. he is awesome, but i feel the rest of the SL team is pretty ordinary (MJ included). every since MM retired, they have forgotten how to win matches. expect several KS tons to go waste in future.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:07 am

SL dusted. defeated by an innings and 81 runs. quota bowler takes his 4th five-for in his 3rd test. someone said, he should be named fivelander. apt, i must admit. and there is no way SL will come back like India did last year. no, SL is not IND. expect another hammering in the next one.

btw, ABD was dismissed on 99. MJ was dismissed on 9,999. no, nervous 90s is not a phenomenon associated with only one batsman.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:48 am

Sri Lanka manages 338. First Lady scores 10% of those runs. If only this were SSC, Colombo, or if the soil on this pitch were imported from SSC, Colombo, he would have scored 90% of those runs. KS is having a bad run and scores a duck.

SA unearths yet another fast bowlers who takes 7 on his debut. How SA produces enough talented cricketers not just to play for their national XI but also for ENG is a mystery. And to think that this sport is not as popular in SA as it is in IND, SL, PAK, AUS...

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:35 am

oh ho ho! First Lady has surpassed my expectations and is averaging 22.5 (30, 15, 31,14) at this moment. impressive stuff. SSC colombo ratna for First Lady, anyone?

aside, Afrikaanos folded for 168 (led by the J Kallis, Chairman, World Chokers Asso.) giving a decisive lead to SL on a platter. Yet another Durban Drubbing for the hosts. Don't see them winning it from here. KS, the only great bat from SL, is making some useful runs here.

SL winning it from here is going to upset me. not because they will win, but because that will only diminish IND's victory last year. what if someone asks me "what's so great about IND's victory at Durban, even SL managed it." what will i say?

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:42 am

for those who want to know MJ's average in the series, here it is - 22. 132 runs in 6 innings. one of the greatest, my ***.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:57 am

Hello Vinod!

Just saying hello..hope all is well with you.

Can't comment about Cricket..getting ready with some anticipation and excitement to watch the College Football Championship game between LSU and Alabama today!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:59 am

Good morning Maria,

I'm not Vinod but I hope all is well with you too.

____

MD
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:02 am

Maria S wrote:Hello Vinod!

Just saying hello..hope all is well with you.

Can't comment about Cricket..getting ready with some anticipation and excitement to watch the College Football Championship game between LSU and Alabama today!

welll hulllo hullo hullo, maria! i am doing OK. hope you are doing fine, too. i wish you a very happy and interesting new year. Wink

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:09 am

Oh..I'll take a sweet GM from you anytime MD!

Thanks for asking..so far, so good!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:16 am

Vinod!

Wish you a wonderful New Year! See.. my vocabulary has increased by a few new words:)

Ok you funny bunnies..you and your cute imitations:)!

Seriously, good to see in the morning (here). Missed seeing you around.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:17 am

hahaha. First Lady has scored 2, 19 and 15 in the series so far at an average of 12.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:51 am

First Lady of Sri Lanka is back. back to the dust bowls. back to where she can roar again. back to her den. back with a century. wait until she plays at the SSC, colombo. expect a double from her. expect a 400-run p'ship with someone else.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:18 am

guess who's back
back again
lady's back
tell a friend
guess who's back guess who's back guess who's back guess who's back guess who's back guess who's back guess who's back
na na na
na na na

hey, there's a concept that works
20 million other SL players emerge
but no matter how many fish in the sea
it will be so empty without me (only at the SSC, colombo and other dust bowls of SL)

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:28 am

England was/is a phony number 1. Just like India was. Why isn't there a backlash against them as it was against India.

May be I noticed the backlash because I follow Indian cricket more closely.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:31 am

there is. but it will get louder and louder as they lose more and more tests. they have lost 4 in a row, and if they lose the rest of the matches on this tour, you will see the same backlash against them as it was against IND. some cricinfo patrons have already started their rhetoric. in this match, although they are in a comfortable position, they will have to bat in the 4th innings. my money is still on SL.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:38 pm

ENG did well to win the second test (and retain their #1 rank). the difference was KP. he scored briskly when other players were scoring at a lethargic rate of 2.3 RPO. he scored 150 at a very good strike rate and gave ENG bowlers a good chance of getting 10 SL wickets. if it were not for his brilliant 150, ENG could have, at best, fancied their chances of drawing this test.

swann took 10 wickets on a helpful track when SL bowlers failed to do so. he bowled brilliantly. i saw him bowl today. he looked like he would get a wicket any time. when was the last time an IND spinner took 10 wickets in a game? don't bother.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down