Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The FAKE statements that irritate me

5 posters

Go down

The FAKE statements that irritate me Empty The FAKE statements that irritate me

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:49 pm

1. You look so gorgeous (never heard anyone tell a woman - you look UUUUUUGGGGLY).

and here is the fakiest of them all:

2. You haven't changed ONE BIT in 20 years. How do you look the same? (Someone told a 68 yr old woman this shyt).

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

The FAKE statements that irritate me Empty Re: The FAKE statements that irritate me

Post by Kris Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:15 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:1. You look so gorgeous (never heard anyone tell a woman - you look UUUUUUGGGGLY).

2. You haven't changed ONE BIT in 20 years. How do you look the same? (Someone told a 68 yr old woman this shyt).
>>Maybe she looked 68 when she was 48.

Kris

Back to top Go down

The FAKE statements that irritate me Empty Re: The FAKE statements that irritate me

Post by seven Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:09 am

Kris wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:1. You look so gorgeous (never heard anyone tell a woman - you look UUUUUUGGGGLY).

Nooo lol 
It was very likely a fake compliment. Like, you look too young to have a daughter in college! When clearly you can see she looks like a person whose kids go to college.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:43 am

Kris wrote:

Yes I thought of that possibility. But this woman aged and double aged...and this comment on FB made me start this thread.

Yes... I know someone who looked like 35 yrs at 20 and still looks 35 at 55. Funny his friends used to call him "Uncle" and now all of his friends have become Thatha and he still remains an Uncle. I have noticed this perennially constant trait in some others as well...

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:48 am

haha… we got one such comment the other day. when we said we have a 17 year old, the man goes, 'i thought you two got married only recently'. I had my obvious grays and xh has thinning hair… but XH was flattered anyway. Chuckled and said, 'we had her when we were VERY young'. lol... We were 25. Young but not VERY young.

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:11 am

Meghna Mathur wrote:haha… we got one such comment the other day. when we said we have a 17 year old, the man goes, 'i thought you two got married only recently'. I had my obvious grays and xh has thinning hair… but XH was flattered anyway. Chuckled and said, 'we had her when we were VERY young'. lol... We were 25. Young but not VERY young.
haha yes, then people say something like that.

i hangout with this new group these days where we have women in their 40s with teenage kids and there are some touching 30 or a little over 30, single. the youngest one in the group somehow feels the need to level everyone and insists the 40 y/olds don't look their age and it's hard to believe they have kids ready for college in a couple years.. i mean she's like 12 yrs older than the kids and the 40 y/olds wonder if the kids can call her aunty. anyway that's besides the point. 

i didn't know what to say when i joined the group and they go seven! can you believe she has a 16 y/o daughter...Sims go on show her their pics. don't they look like sisters? and i want to say ummm no. so i wonder now if the compliments are not fake but the givers truly believe their compliments. to others it sounds fake.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:13 pm

Oh yeah! tell me about it! I get them all the time and i give a discount to them. Most common 1. You look like their (sons) sister. 2. You haven't changed at all (oh really? Look the dark circles under the eyes and the lines on my neck. I didn't have them back then).

At one point, folks back in india saw a pic of me and my older (who was 20-21 at the time) and mistook me for his girl friend. They never saw me in a capris. They only saw me in salwars and sarees, so couldn't recognize me immediately. It took a little closer look to recognize me. Anyway, my sil's husband kept insisting that if i showed it to some unknown people and told them that i am my son's gf, they'd believe it. There was no way i looked like a 20 yr old, but he insisted that they would.
So one day i tried to put it to test. There were Petri and this other Suchini (can't believe i forgot her handle. She had a lil daughter and she was best buddy to seven) in chat and i shared it with them saying, 'this is my older son and the one beside him is his girl friend.' Petri remained silent. This other woman remained silent for a while and obviously with some discomfort said, 'She looks fine, but she seems older than him.' I told that indeed she was. That's his older gf. It seemed like it didn't go down well with her. I didn't want to put her through any more trauma and told her that it was me. Smile . Petri had guessed it right away, he said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:38 pm

Sorry..... i started this thread...Razz

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:41 pm

Meghna Mathur wrote:haha… we got one such comment the other day. when we said we have a 17 year old, the man goes, 'i thought you two got married only recently'. I had my obvious grays and xh has thinning hair… but XH was flattered anyway. Chuckled and said, 'we had her when we were VERY young'. lol... We were 25. Young but not VERY young.

Actually, the person must have meant "Newly married - for a second time"

In fact, Murdoch and Hall are also newly married..

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:41 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Sorry..... i started this thread...Razz
Lol! ya, you sinned. Now you suffer for it. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:43 pm

Actually, the person must have meant "Newly married - for a second time"

In fact, Murdoch and Hall are also newly married..
Just married.....18 yrs ago Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:43 pm

Kinnera wrote:Oh yeah! tell me about it! I get them all the time and i give a discount to them. Most common 1. You look like their (sons) sister. 2. You haven't changed at all (oh really? Look the dark circles under the eyes and the lines on my neck. I didn't have them back then).

Key question: Discount ? dont tell me you bought a 50-storey office building.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:44 pm

Kinnera wrote:Oh yeah! tell me about it! I get them all the time and i give a discount to them. Most common 1. You look like their (sons) sister. 2. You haven't changed at all (oh really? Look the dark circles under the eyes and the lines on my neck. I didn't have them back then).

Key question: Discount ? dont tell me you bought a 50-storey office building.
A discount to what they say (won't believe it 100%)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:54 pm

actually, very few tell me i look the same... some friends say i look 'better', which can mean anything. mostly i am used as a comparing point when people are complimenting older sis - 'you two look like twins', or 'you look younger than meghna'.... Sad oh well. It has always been the case. Even when I was 16, i looked older than my much older bro and sis both. My body frame has always been bigger. Gotten used to it now.

son once brutally told me i looked older than XH. He learned right away never ever tell this to anyone, like ever. lol. it was XH's 41st and we were dining somewhere. And he goes, 'mommy you are not going to like what i am going to say. but papa looks 40 and you look 45'. We three turned at him together and asked, 'WHAT???'... he didn't repeat that sentence, like ever. lol, my sagi baby.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:03 pm

Mine is different case.... I am noticing they are fast adding years to my age.

They used to say that I looked like 70...but within the last few years, they have started telling me that I look 80, 90, and now 115. I notice that the predicted age is increasing exponentially. Proves my (own) theory that people age in spurts - putting on 10 years over a short 1, 2 - yr span and stay the same for a decade.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:05 pm

Meghna Mathur wrote:actually, very few tell me i look the same... some friends say i look 'better', which can mean anything. mostly i am used as a comparing point when people are complimenting older sis - 'you two look like twins', or 'you look younger than meghna'.... Sad oh well. It has always been the case. Even when I was 16, i looked older than my much older bro and sis both. My body frame has always been bigger. Gotten used to it now.

son once brutally told me i looked older than XH. He learned right away never ever tell this to anyone, like ever. lol. it was XH's 41st and we were dining somewhere. And he goes, 'mommy you are not going to like what i am going to say. but papa looks 40 and you look 45'. We three turned at him together and asked, 'WHAT???'... he didn't repeat that sentence, like ever. lol, my sagi baby.

I bet your XH has a little bit of kinkiness in him. He is waiting for you to look 60 (in about 5 years) to propose...Wink

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:11 pm

At one point, folks back in india saw a pic of me and my older (who was 20-21 at the time) and mistook me for his girl friend. They never saw me in a capris. They only saw me in salwars and sarees, so couldn't recognize me immediately. It took a little closer look to recognize me. Anyway, my sil's husband kept insisting that if i showed it to some unknown people and told them that i am my son's gf, they'd believe it. There was no way i looked like a 20 yr old, but he insisted that they would.
So one day i tried to put it to test. There were Petri and this other Suchini (can't believe i forgot her handle. She had a lil daughter and she was best buddy to seven) in chat and i shared it with them saying, 'this is my older son and the one beside him is his girl friend.' Petri remained silent. This other woman remained silent for a while and obviously with some discomfort said, 'She looks fine, but she seems older than him.' I told that indeed she was. That's his older gf. It seemed like it didn't go down well with her. I didn't want to put her through any more trauma and told her that it was me. Smile . Petri had guessed it right away, he said.
rekha. her ID was rekz. she left so abruptly and i have no idea what happened. hope all is well.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:54 pm

seven wrote:

rekha. her ID was rekz. she left so abruptly and i have no idea what happened. hope all is well.
Oh yeah, rekz. How could i have forgotten! I had razor sharp memory. This tells me that I am getting old(er). 

Ya, hope all is well with her. If you happen to get in touch with her, pls tell her that i said 'Hi'.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:31 pm

seven wrote:

Yeah...say hi to her. Ask her to contact me so that I can fix a coffee date with her that is next to her flat in Madras during my visit next week.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:00 pm

seven wrote:

Yeah...say hi to her. Ask her to contact me so that I can fix a coffee date with her that is next to her flat in Madras during my visit next week.
>>>Not happening. She left for a reason. Call your old girl-friends* and ask them to meet you at India Coffee House.

*The ones that don't have a restraining order on you Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by garam-kuta Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:53 pm

seven wrote:

doesn't she work in the tamil film industry? now don't get ideas - behind the screen.

garam-kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:04 pm

Kris wrote:
seven wrote:

Yeah...say hi to her. Ask her to contact me so that I can fix a coffee date with her that is next to her flat in Madras during my visit next week.>>>Not happening. She left for a reason. Call your old girl-friends* and ask them to meet you at India Coffee House.

*The ones that don't have a restraining order on you Smile
what reason? why don't i know about it? what do you know and howcome you know and i dont. she was my friend more than anyone else's here.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:06 pm

garam-kuta wrote:
seven wrote:

doesn't she work in the tamil film industry? now don't get ideas - behind the screen.
rashmun - you posted 278 msgs with this fake handle! you're so sad. idk what you wrote about tamil industry. if she worked, maybe she can introduce you as a wanna be tamil actor. you like to act like you know tamil. it will be a perfect end for your tamil career.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by garam-kuta Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:37 pm

seven wrote:
garam-kuta wrote:
seven wrote:

rashmun - you posted 278 msgs with this fake handle! you're so sad. idk what you wrote about tamil industry. if she worked, maybe she can introduce you as a wanna be tamil actor. you like to act like you know tamil. it will be a perfect end for your tamil career.
i am not rashmun. i did't want to give too much info but you are forcing me. i deleted this from my prev post.
she provides english subtitles for tamil movies. recently she worked on a huge blockbuster and posted on the web elsewhere asking people for opinions on her translation of tamil lyrics for some of the hit songs in that movie. because of people like her the quality of subtitles improved huuugely in recent times.i don't want to say anything more on this topic.

garam-kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:14 pm

@ what she does - that's awesome. 
@ i forced you - what nonsense? if you say you're not rashmun, you shouldn't have given me an oppty to doubt it by saying i was forcing you. 

@ don't want to speak more on this topic - suit yourself. it's fine by me. do not speak more  cuz you feel i am forcing you. i'm not.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:40 pm

seven wrote:@ what she does - that's awesome. 
@ i forced you - what nonsense? if you say you're not rashmun, you shouldn't have given me an oppty to doubt it by saying i was forcing you. 

@ don't want to speak more on this topic - suit yourself. it's fine by me. do not speak more  cuz you feel i am forcing you. i'm not.

clap  there, she said it, with conviction..she has honestly declared with utmost sincerity that she had not, and is not forcing you.  

So, let's hear what you got to say on this subject, eh? Basketball

aside - what do you think of Rekz's translations? any good? do you feel there's marked improvement in quality?

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by garam-kuta Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:54 pm

garam_kuta wrote:

aside - what do you think of Rekz's translations? any good? do you feel there's marked improvement in quality?
ayyo maroooone!
what can i think of translations when i can't understand?
எனக்கு கொஞ்சம் குட தமிழ் தெரியாது

garam-kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down