Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the way you react to typos

5 posters

Go down

the way you react to typos Empty the way you react to typos

Post by garam-kuta Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:48 pm

not surprising.
http://mentalfloss.com/article/78003/way-you-react-typos-could-be-linked-your-personality-study-finds

garam-kuta

Back to top Go down

the way you react to typos Empty Re: the way you react to typos

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:52 pm

let's see-- i didn't click on your link, but i bet this is an article about that umich study which ought to have been published in the "journal of oh-so-obvious results and insights".
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:50 pm

garam-kuta wrote:not surprising.
http://mentalfloss.com/article/78003/way-you-react-typos-could-be-linked-your-personality-study-finds
>>>I tend to be much less accepting of these types of errors in business communications. In informal communications, not so much. I don't know what to make of the correlation with being an introvert/ extrovert they are positing as it applies to me. I am not an introvert as far as a I know.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:48 am

I don't care about typos, grammar or spellings. I read the meaning and intent of text. 

I saw a similar article last week portraying such individual as loners living with constant gripe. Thomas and few others came to mind.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:25 pm

Kris wrote:>>>I tend to be much less accepting of these types of errors in business communications. In informal communications, not so much. I don't know what to make of the correlation with being an introvert/ extrovert they are positing as it applies to me. I am not an introvert as far as a I know.

Hey Kris. How's it going?

My boss has an MBA and a PhD. He cannot spell. He runs spellcheck on every email he sends out and sometimes also spellchecks people's names. He sent out an email with the note "speak now or forever hold your piece". 

But he's my boss. He works 7 days a week. He is available 24/7. He is good for the company. I am not.

side note: I used to be an extrovert. Then I got married.

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down