Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Germany cozying up to Beijing

+3
confuzzled dude
goodcitizn
rawemotions
7 posters

Go down

Germany cozying up to Beijing Empty Germany cozying up to Beijing

Post by rawemotions Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:15 pm

Germany is Cozying up to China

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Germany cozying up to Beijing Empty Re: Germany cozying up to Beijing

Post by goodcitizn Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:13 am

Germans place great emphasis on quality. China is not known for its quality. Let us see how long these contracts end up working.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:09 pm

goodcitizn wrote:Germans place great emphasis on quality. China is not known for its quality. Let us see how long these contracts end up working.
The quality of Benzs', BMWs' and Audis' tells me a different story.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:18 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:Germans place great emphasis on quality. China is not known for its quality. Let us see how long these contracts end up working.
So you're going with the Lexus, Comrade?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:19 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
It's a pity you are so uninformed about Chinese quality. I'd buy any German car over a Chinese car any day of the week and twice on Sunday. How many Chinese cars, for example, have you seen on the racing circuit?

I have dealt with China for many years. They are notorious for cutting corners on quality spec's. Unless you have a well-staffed QC dept, you can't afford to do business with China. Ask any surgeon if he'd use Chinese surgical instruments over German-made and he'd laugh in your face.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:08 am

How China assures quality:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/21/asia/china-bank-spanking/index.html
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:48 am

Hellsangel wrote:How China assures quality:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/21/asia/china-bank-spanking/
Some hands-on training! :-)

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:56 am

goodcitizn wrote:

Actually, untouched by human hands.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:55 am

Hellsangel wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

Yeah, no carrot ... Only the stick.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:39 pm

goodcitizn wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

Yeah, no carrot ... Only the stick.
Confucius say carrot for bunnies.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:25 pm

goodcitizn wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
It's a pity you are so uninformed about Chinese quality. I'd buy any German car over a Chinese car any day of the week and twice on Sunday. How many Chinese cars, for example, have you seen on the racing circuit?

I have dealt with China for many years. They are notorious for cutting corners on quality spec's. Unless you have a well-staffed QC dept, you can't afford to do business with China. Ask any surgeon if he'd use Chinese surgical instruments over German-made and he'd laugh in your face.
I wasn't talking about Chinese quality, was I? I was talking about German quality, especially, automobiles, all major brands are notorious for their poor reliability.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:30 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

I wasn't talking about Chinese quality, was I? I was talking about German quality, especially, automobiles, all major brands are notorious for their poor reliability.

Still shooting your mouth off, Comrade?
http://www.consumerreports.org/cars/which-car-brands-make-the-best-vehicles/

Audi is #1, Porsche is #4 and BMW is #5.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:36 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

Huh! who believes consumer reports which is nothing but a scam. Checkout JD power long term reliability.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:46 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

Huh! who believes consumer reports which is nothing but a scam. Checkout JD power long term reliability.

Let's see.

http://www.jdpower.com/cars/study/2016-Vehicle-Dependability-Study-%28VDS%29-by-Category/843ENG/Midsize-Premium-Car/1101

Mercedes-Benz is #2 and BMW is #4. Comrade, you were saying?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:50 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

Let's see.

http://www.jdpower.com/cars/study/2016-Vehicle-Dependability-Study-%28VDS%29-by-Category/843ENG/Midsize-Premium-Car/1101

Mercedes-Benz is #2 and BMW is #4. Comrade, you were saying?

Here:
http://www.jdpower.com/cars/awards/Vehicle-Dependability-Study-(VDS)-by-Category/843ENG

Personally, I've owned both Lexus & BMW and the difference is night and day. My X5 broke down the day after I took the delivery, and none of the owners of European cars that I know are happy with the reliability of their vehicle(s).

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:55 pm

The link I gave was from the link you sent, Comrade- for mid sized cars.

Unlike by category, Consumer Reports gives an overall brand reliability.

Sure we get it, you're a posh Comrade who only drives luxury cars. And like any good desi, you'll swear by your Lexus.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:02 pm

Hellsangel wrote:The link I gave was from the link you sent, Comrade-  for mid sized cars.

Sure we get it, you're a posh Comrade who only drives luxury cars. And like any good desi, you'll swear by your Lexus.
I don't know about others but I owned both and my judgment is based on my experience. I currently drive Grand Cherokee, so your stereotyping doesn't apply to me.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:07 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:The link I gave was from the link you sent, Comrade-  for mid sized cars.

I don't know about others but I owned both and my judgment is based on my experience. I currently drive Grand Cherokee, so your stereotyping doesn't apply to me.

So don't extrapolate your experience to brand ratings in general. BTW, Jeep Grand Cherokee is a posh car as well, Comrade. Except it has a major reliability problem. Hint: Anton Yelchin.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:20 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

So don't extrapolate your experience to brand ratings in general. BTW, Jeep Grand Cherokee is a posh car as well, Comrade. Except it has a major reliability problem. Hint: Anton Yelchin.
My experience is practical corollary of http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2012/05/are-german-cars-reliable-myth-german-engineering.html

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:28 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

My experience is practical corollary of http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2012/05/are-german-cars-reliable-myth-german-engineering.html

Google can give you any link you want if you search, Comrade. Did you even read the article completely of that link?

Some of the reasons why German cars struggle in J.D. Power’s rankings in the past are entirely trivial and are not related to actual vehicle quality at all says Karl Brauer from Total Car Score.

In J.D. Power’s Automotive Performance, Execution & Layout (APEAL) study, which looks at how gratifying a new vehicle is to own and drive, based on owner evaluations, Porsche comes out on top, as the only automaker to get 5/5. Audi, BMW Mercedes and VW all achieve a 4/5 in this survey as well, showing that these cars are no slouch when it comes to performance and execution.

PS: Don't get pinned down by your Jeep Grand Cherokee.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:57 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

Google can give you any link you want if you search, Comrade. Did you even read the article completely of that link?

Some of the reasons why German cars struggle in J.D. Power’s rankings in the past are entirely trivial and are not related to actual vehicle quality at all says Karl Brauer from Total Car Score.

In J.D. Power’s Automotive Performance, Execution & Layout (APEAL) study, which looks at how gratifying a new vehicle is to own and drive, based on owner evaluations, Porsche comes out on top, as the only automaker to get 5/5. Audi, BMW Mercedes and VW all achieve a 4/5 in this survey as well, showing that these cars are no slouch when it comes to performance and execution.

I don't have much to say if you think average is top notch. On your other point, I never gushed over the reliability of Grand Cherokee so your rebuttal is meaningless. At any rate, it sells over a quarter million per year so no need to get all paranoid over one incident.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:47 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

Only in the land of fairy tales opinions become facts.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:19 am

goodcitizn wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

Only in the land of fairy tales opinions become facts.
Agreed. Talk to me when you gather a fact or two.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:31 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

I don't have much to say if you think average is top notch. On your other point, I never gushed over the reliability of Grand Cherokee so your rebuttal is meaningless. At any rate, it sells over a quarter million per year so no need to get all paranoid over one incident.

I never said the Jeep Grand Cherokee was top notch, Comrade. But it is a very expensive car with options. You probably went to worse reliability than any German car including VWs manufactured in Mexico. It may have been one incident but that was a well publicized incident for a model that had a recall for the same reason. And don't forget the reliability issues Toyota faced with their braking.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:06 am

Hellsangel wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

I never said the Jeep Grand Cherokee was top notch, Comrade. But it is a very expensive car with options. You probably went to worse reliability than any German car including VWs manufactured in Mexico. It may have been one incident but that was a well publicized incident for a model that had a recall for the same reason. And don't forget the reliability issues Toyota faced with their braking.
I was referring to German quality not the Jeep. Checkout BMW's radiator leaks, an expensive repair,  but they haven't fixed them for 10 years and let's not even bother talking about M-Class or A6.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:30 am

Yeah. You deserve the Range Rover Evoque and nothing less, Comrade.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:10 am

What happened to the 300E and 7-series?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:48 am

Hellsangel wrote:What happened to the 300E and 7-series?
Donated the 300E after putting on 680,000 miles! Still have the BMW. Thinking of trading it in later this year.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:54 am

goodcitizn wrote:
Donated the 300E after putting on 680,000 miles! Still have the BMW. Thinking of trading it in later this year.

Waiting for Comrade to make some snarky comment about you being the exception that proves the rule.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:58 am

Hellsangel wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

Waiting for Comrade to make some snarky comment about you being the exception that proves the rule.
Fuzzy likes the attention by playing the contrarian.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:03 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

I was referring to German quality not the Jeep. Checkout BMW's radiator leaks, an expensive repair,  but they haven't fixed them for 10 years and let's not even bother talking about M-Class or A6.

Radiator leak is a minor problem. Go to junkyard and get a Radiator and replae it yourself.

Upto 100K miles almost all cars are same. Take the BMW logo and replace the Kia logo and you have a BMW car...90% of desis won't know the difference...

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:41 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

Radiator leak is a minor problem. Go to junkyard and get a Radiator and replae it yourself.

Upto 100K miles almost all cars are same. Take the BMW logo and replace the Kia logo and you have a BMW car...90% of desis won't know the difference...
The point is not about the complexity rather about great emphasis on quality that GC is gloating about. BMW knows that the material they use is the reason for them to go bad after 4 years yet they failed to fix it for 10 years which shows their emphasis on quality.

http://repairpal.com/coolant-leak-from-radiator-207

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:57 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

Shocked I can't believe that it is not illegal to change the car logo; in an accident, hit & run situation, wouldn't debadging confuse, mislead, at least partially, the police inquiry ?

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:06 am

this coming from the "once you turn off the lights, appalamma is same as alexis texas" school of thought

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:10 am

comrade always catches 3 legged rabbits, weird..

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:27 pm

goodcitizn wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

Fuzzy likes the attention by playing the contrarian.
http://www.jdpower.com/cars/BMW/7%20Series/2015

http://www.jdpower.com/cars/Mercedes-Benz/E-Class/2016

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down