Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to unhypnotize a rabid anti-Trumper

Go down

How to unhypnotize a rabid anti-Trumper Empty How to unhypnotize a rabid anti-Trumper

Post by silvermani Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:11 pm

When you encounter a rabid anti-Trumper, ask her what are the biggest concerns of a potential Trump presidency. If “Supreme Court nominee” is one of the top objections, discontinue your persuasion for ethical reasons. This person has put some thought into the decision and has a legitimate opinion that is at least partly based on reason. I don’t recommend changing that person’s mind. But if a person’s main objections to Trump include any the following four reasons, I would consider it ethical to apply persuasion. Objection 1: Trump is a loose cannon who might offend other countries and maybe even start a nuclear war. Objection 2: Trump is terrible at business because he has several bankruptcies. Objection 3: Trump is a racist. Objection 4: Trump is anti-women and anti-LGBT If any of those four objections are behind an anti-Trumper’s opinion, you have ethical license to persuade, so long as you are sticking to facts and adding context. I’ll show you how to do that with each objection.
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down