Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anantha Nageswaran: "I have no skin in the game, but the US needs a Trump Presidency"

2 posters

Go down

Anantha Nageswaran: "I have no skin in the game, but the US needs a Trump Presidency" Empty Anantha Nageswaran: "I have no skin in the game, but the US needs a Trump Presidency"

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:53 am

President Barack Obama, for all his reasonableness, intellect and good intentions, has been unable to heal America. One can debate whether he was stymied by the polarizing politics of the Republicans, but the fact remains that both economically and otherwise, he will leave America with as many questions as he inherited, if not more. Unreasonable people change the status quo—for the better or worse. When society is in need of a cathartic change, unreasonable people serve the purpose better. Trump is one such person. I am not rooting for Trump. I do not have any skin in the game either. But from the perspective of how societies evolve and given the present global context, now that Bernie is out, he might be needed.

It is a bit clichéd, but it is true that things have to get worse before they get better. That is part of how societies progress. Trump might be the answer for the ‘get worse’ precondition. Sure, Hillary is capable of doing that job too. But, she would do it differently. She is more likely to defend status quo interests than disrupt them. It will bring things to a boiling point four years down the road and things may have to get much worse before they get better. In good or bad ways, a Trump presidency would make American society confront the difficult choices it has to make to hold itself together. It would focus minds like nothing else will. America would emerge all the better for it. The world will need a stronger and socially more cohesive America in the years and decades ahead as it faces the very real prospect of reliving the inter-war years of the 20th century.

http://www.livemint.com/Opinion/RYs2ha4pNQnUrR7Bi2fHCJ/US-needs-a-Trump-Presidency.html

Back to top Go down

Anantha Nageswaran: "I have no skin in the game, but the US needs a Trump Presidency" Empty Re: Anantha Nageswaran: "I have no skin in the game, but the US needs a Trump Presidency"

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:43 am

I have no skin in the game but Anantha Nageswaran needs a swift kick up his backside.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Anantha Nageswaran: "I have no skin in the game, but the US needs a Trump Presidency" Empty Re: Anantha Nageswaran: "I have no skin in the game, but the US needs a Trump Presidency"

Post by garam_kuta Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:47 am

paul ryan has 2020 vision...

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:41 pm

Charles Koch, the ninth-richest person in the world, has long lent his deep pockets to conservative causes. So we wouldn’t expect him to back presumptive Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton. But he’s not on the Donald Trump train either.

“I see two people that as of this point we’re not supporting,” Koch said on Monday at the Fortune Brainstorm Tech conference. “Are you going to put a gun to my head? If I had to vote for cancer or heart attack why would I vote for either?”

Koch took some digs at Trump, saying “I’m sure he’s a fine fellow underneath,” but that Trump’s “guiding principles are antithetical” to those Koch advocates for–especially on free trade. The presumptive Republican nominee and billionaire in his own right has harshly criticized free trade policies that he says have caused American jobs to go overseas. Koch called Trump’s plans for increased tariffs “a monstrosity.”

http://www.forbes.com/sites/briansolomon/2016/07/11/billionaire-charles-koch-trump-hillary-is-like-voting-cancer-or-heart-attack/#64ad68401947

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:42 pm

its strange that on the question of trade Trump and Bernie Sanders seem to be in harmonious agreement. Some kind of confluence of politically right wing and left wing views.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:00 pm

I thought one of the cocks decided to vote for Hillary, maybe the other cock.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:17 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:I thought one of the cocks decided to vote for Hillary, maybe the other cock.

Koch also accused the media of spinning his words about whether he would support Clinton, the presumptive Democratic nominee, during an interview in April.

“I said it’s possible if she totally changed everything she stood for. And they spun that around to I might support Hillary,” Koch said.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/287410-charles-koch-voting-clinton-or-trump-like-choosing-cancer

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:21 pm

In any case cock can stuff his support or lack thereof. Nobody is interested.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:45 am

Hillary Clinton has emerged from the F.B.I. investigation into her email practices as secretary of state a wounded candidate with a large and growing majority of voters saying she cannot be trusted, according to the latest New York Times/CBS News poll.

As Mrs. Clinton prepares to accept the Democratic Party’s nomination at the convention in Philadelphia this month, she will confront an electorate in which 67 percent of voters say she is not honest and trustworthy. That number is up five percentage points from a CBS News poll conducted last month, before the F.B.I. released its findings.

Mrs. Clinton’s six-percentage-point lead over the presumptive Republican nominee, Donald J. Trump, in a CBS News poll last month has evaporated. The two candidates are now tied in a general election matchup, the new poll indicates, with each receiving the support of 40 percent of voters.

Mr. Trump is also distrusted by a large number of voters — 62 percent — but that number has stayed constant despite increased scrutiny on his business record and falsehoods in his public statements and Twitter messages.

But Mrs. Clinton’s shifting and inaccurate explanations of her email practices at the State Department appear to have resonated more deeply with the electorate.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/15/us/politics/hillary-clinton-donald-trump-poll.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down