Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andhra Pradesh's contribution to the formation of Indian culture

Go down

Andhra Pradesh's contribution to the formation of Indian culture Empty Andhra Pradesh's contribution to the formation of Indian culture

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:29 pm

Andhra people are among the most ancient people referred to in any Indian literary text. The romantic attributes of Andhra women are referred to in the Kamasutra. Andhra people are also referred to in the Mahabharata war where they took the side of the Kauravas.

One of the founding fathers of modern Urdu was from AP. He was Quli Qutb Shah, who was both poet and ruler, and who founded the city of Hyderabad. Another great poet was Vemana who wrote Telugu poems condemning the ills affecting the society of his time (untouchability, entrenched caste system based horrors, etc.). Vemana was also opposed to asceticism claiming that even a donkey can roll around in mud.

The richest temple in India is Tirupati which is in AP. A remarkable feature of this temple is that it depicts Lord Venkateshwara (Vishnu) with two wives, one of who is a muslim (Bibi Nancharamma). Here is an example of H-M synthesis which is impossible to ignore.

Back to top Go down

Andhra Pradesh's contribution to the formation of Indian culture Empty Re: Andhra Pradesh's contribution to the formation of Indian culture

Post by ashdoc Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:32 pm

what about telangana's contribution ?

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Andhra Pradesh's contribution to the formation of Indian culture Empty Re: Andhra Pradesh's contribution to the formation of Indian culture

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:50 pm

ashdoc wrote:what about telangana's contribution ?

i considered Telangana to be a part of Andhra Pradesh for the purpose of my note. for instance, i know that Quli Qutb Shah was actually from Telangana, whereas i have no idea where Vemana was from (present day Telangana or AP).

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down