Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The term radical Islamic terrorism isn't helpful -- Gen HC McMaster

3 posters

Go down

The term radical Islamic terrorism isn't helpful -- Gen HC McMaster Empty The term radical Islamic terrorism isn't helpful -- Gen HC McMaster

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:40 am

Trump's new National Security Advisor, a blunt effective and hard charging general doesn't agree with his boss and with a number of folks on this site.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/25/politics/nsa-radical-islamic-terror-term-unhelpful/index.html

Why is this highly decorated officer who has spent a good portion of his life keeping terrorists at bay, much more so than chicken hawk Republicans appeasing Muslims I wonder.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

The term radical Islamic terrorism isn't helpful -- Gen HC McMaster Empty Re: The term radical Islamic terrorism isn't helpful -- Gen HC McMaster

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:45 am

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/02/25/us/politics/hr-mcmaster-trump.html
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

The term radical Islamic terrorism isn't helpful -- Gen HC McMaster Empty Re: The term radical Islamic terrorism isn't helpful -- Gen HC McMaster

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:49 am

ISIL, LTTE, Al Qaeda, SIMI, etc.....

Bloody fanatical terrorists!

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:36 am

This muslim appeasing general should be fired immediately.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:51 am

People are still reading new york times?  Rolling Eyes

PS: Disabling my handle. No further discussions. Good luck to you all!

-kinnera-temp

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:04 pm

Guest wrote:People are still reading new york times?  Rolling Eyes

PS: Disabling my handle. No further discussions. Good luck to you all!

-kinnera-temp
I think you shouldn't limit yourself to alternative facts; once in a while  should checkout the real news.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/11/29/new-york-times-subscriptions-soar-tenfold-after-donald-trump-wins-presidency.html

http://www.poynter.org/2017/trump-bump-subscription-surge-brightens-otherwise-grey-results-at-new-york-times/447078/

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:07 pm

We will always read the NYT and the WaPo. We need to hear the truth. So you're running away from a news story that a respected General who thinks that Trump just hired thinks Trump's and your notions of using the term Radical Islamic terrorism is full of shit. I understand. Must be difficult to hear that from an alpha male who's done more to fight terrorism than Trump or any other chicken hawk. And the guy who used that term (Mike Flynn) is today unemployed and discredited. My sympathies!
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:47 pm

yuck, i had to come back. As my handle suggests, this is a temporary handle and i didn't intend to keep it beyond this weekend. I guess i announced my quitting in the wrong thread and gave you a chance to gloat. I didn't want to give you the satisfaction of feeling that i left coz of this post of yours or something.  Rolling Eyes

Anyway, i went and read the news on fox to confirm. Yes, that's what the general feels and i respect that. I trust Trump's choice for the post. You all should appreciate Trump's choice of the General. If it takes not using the term to wipe out the (radical islamic) terrorism from the face of earth, then i am all for it. It has proliferated like crazy over the last few years despite not using the term. But i want to trust this General's capability and Trump's resolve to wipe it out. More power to them!!

In your other thread about Bush's appeasement of muslims, he said all those nice things Wink  before waging two (wrongful) wars. Sounding politically correct as long as one gets the job done is justifiable, i guess. So it should be fine to end all that (whatever) terrorism while not using the term, though this is the definition that google gives:

Islamic terrorism, or Radical Islamic terrorism, is defined as any terrorist act, set of acts or campaign committed by groups or individuals who profess Islamic or Islamist motivations or goals.

PS: https://such.forumotion.com/t41133-the-islamophobic-huckster-in-the-white-house#233733  
Read my response here and stop your stupid hatred for the republicans. 

PS2: Support charter schools/schools of choice. (I know that your daughter went to a charter school too.) It's good for poor kids to have the choice. It also helps improve the schools coz of the competitive spirit.  

-kinnera-temp (hope i'll have the resolve not to come back. Will have to stop checking, i guess. Will try to do that)

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:58 pm

Guest wrote:
PS2: Support charter schools/schools of choice. (I know that your daughter went to a charter school too.) It's good for poor kids to have the choice. It also helps improve the schools coz of the competitive spirit.  
I guess you want to turn the US into India.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down