Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Banana Republic: Chaddis start harassing students in UP after forming 'anti-Romeo squads'

Go down

Banana Republic: Chaddis start harassing students in UP after forming 'anti-Romeo squads' Empty Banana Republic: Chaddis start harassing students in UP after forming 'anti-Romeo squads'

Post by Guest Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:07 pm

MEERUT: Just two days after Yogi Adityanath took oath as CM of UP, one of the BJP's oft-repeated promises during its election campaign - formation of anti-Romeo squads "to protect the honour of women" - took off with a great deal of purposefulness in the state. In Meerut on Tuesday, "anti-Romeo dals" were out on the streets in full force, making it among the first UP districts to form the teams that will be posted at educational institutions and public spaces "to prevent eve-teasing and ensure safety of girls".
Soon, though, both boys and parents who found themselves at the receiving end of police reprimand and lecture were crying foul. They said the way the teams function blurs the line between crime control and moral policing....

On the first day of deployment of the squads, boys hovering around schools, colleges, cigarette stalls, pan shops and even pastry shops were picked up for "questioning" and let go after police called their parents to inform them about the "activities" of the boys.
A boy who was picked up said it amounted to harassment. "I was standing outside DN College to meet a friend, and the police gave me a warning. They wanted to call my parents, but I did not give them the right number. They did not even know if I was there to meet a girl or a boy. For them, any young boy in public on a bike is a 'majnu'," he said.
A father who was called by the police to complain about his son's "wayward" ways, did not approve of this kind of police intervention. "It is not the police's job to decide where boys can stand and where they cannot. My son is 19, and is an adult. It makes no sense to call up his father to say that his son is loitering around," he said.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/meerut/anti-romeo-squad-starts-morphs-into-moral-police/articleshow/57762982.cms

Back to top Go down

Banana Republic: Chaddis start harassing students in UP after forming 'anti-Romeo squads' Empty Re: Banana Republic: Chaddis start harassing students in UP after forming 'anti-Romeo squads'

Post by Guest Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:25 am

on twitter, some people are asking why the new 'anti-Romeo squads' were not named 'anti-Kamadeva squads'.

Back to top Go down